To all my ASFN family

Status
Not open for further replies.

artp

Registered
Reaction score
This board has been the greatest thing for me as a Cardinal fan in Arkansas. You are in my prayers.

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
Although I am not a frequent poster I have always enjoyed reading the insight, banter and love of the Cardinals on this board. You can just imagine how many Arizona Cardinal fans there are in New York. Coming here and experiencing the same highs (not enough) and lows (far too many) that you have all witnessed made this place feel like "home." Thank you for that Skorp. God Bless and hope to see your here posting soon.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
So sorry to hear Jim, the board would definitely not be the same without you. Get well soon.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Skkorp.

It's shouldn't take a scary surgical procedure for all of us to say this - so it's with complete confidence in your full recovery that I say this:

I want to personally thank you and tell you how much I appreciate what you have done witht this board to make it what it is. This online community, and yes more aptly family, that has brought us all together would not be possible with out your work. From meeting new people, making friends, and having discussion about the passions that we follow through our life this board has provided an outlet for so many in so many different places.

I don't remember how I first found out about this board but it was shortly after I moved from Az to FLA and it has been the only daily constant in my life ever since. Without this site and azcentral I maybe a Dolphin fan as I would have been unable to follow my Cardinals, Suns, and Diamondbacks in such a ferverent manner.

You probably didn't realize it at the time but this site has made a difference in so many people's lives. Before anyone's time ends on this earth that would be all you can really ask - that you have truly changed things for others for the better.

This season culiminated by this home playoff game has been a long time coming and we all deserve this - but especially you. Hopefully its the beginning of something beautiful and I wouldn't wish on any Cardinal fan to not be around to see it.

Looking forward to our continued discussion and your otherwise sunny disposition;)

My prayers are with you and godspeed friend.....

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am not great with words, Jim, but I wish you a speedy recovery. Like others, I appreciate ASFN and thank you for all you have done to make it what it is.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Jim my prayers to you for a speedy recovery. Thank you for making this the best Cardinal message board. You'll be back and hopefully you'll get to see our Cards beat the Falcons this Sat.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saying a prayer and thanking you for all you have done and will continue to do. Get well.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Skorp, WTF!!?? I didn't even know you were ill man! I'll tell you what, I'm not even gonna sweat it, because I know we'll be back in stride again, talking about our playoff run soon enough! God bless my brotha!

IrishParidise

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Before I get banned again Skkorp..

Its me, Gee!

Im just trying to hype up the fan base.. something I thought was lacking...

You always been good to me.. Always had a smile on your face when we shook hands..

I refuse to believe you will ever give up.. Why you think Im on here under a name that will get me banned again? haha

Love ya man, and your spirit..

And your love for the Cards should never be disputed..

Go Cards my brother...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hang in there. You'll be here posting again before you know it.

OP
OP
Skkorpion

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All right. Enough of this. You people make me cry and I feel silly even having made the post because this is the 3rd major health crisis in the last 4 years and I'm not really a sympathy seeker.

Although, this time, I knew enough that I believed the outcome had a good (meaning bad) chance of being an ugly one.

A short explanation, then mods, please dump this thread.

Quads can't cough up sputum on their own, without an assist because we breathe with the diaphragm only, having no working lung and chest muscles to generate the cough.

The older we get, the harder it gets. Manual assist from trained techs, nurses and family, often is enough. Without it, you essentially drown in your phlegm.

I had a humdinger of a cold with likely pneumonia. CT scan on Monday showed no pneumonia yet, so I had a chance. The damned hospitals I had been in during Christmas week had nobody on duty trained to give "quad coughs." Now fate intervened. Either as a result of research from the Miami project or funded by money raised by the death of "Superman", Christopher Reeves.

Anyway, they developed this wonderful yet simple new machine. It is a "cough assist" machine made by Respironics. You stick this fat tube in your mouth, flip a switch. It senses your weak cough, then sucks everything out in a quick series of strong sucks, timing them with you cough. It's a magic machine. A life saver.

End of story. I'm improving fast but may still miss the game.

Let's close this damned thread. I love all you clowns. Back to football.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
O Captain, My Captain!

Welcome back!

What a relief!

God bless you, Skkorp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads