Status
Not open for further replies.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jim, I hope, pray and fully expect you to be posting here for some time to come.

In the meantime, I would like to say THANK YOU for creating a place for fans, worldwide, to discuss, commiserate, and celebrate all things Cardinals!

It is my pleasure to be a part of ASFN.

I echo everything CL posted.

Stay strong, Jim.

cardfan

Registered
Reaction score
Jim,

God bless you and keep you strong! We will pray for you and keep the faith that we will see you posting soon.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, I never read the stickies (I realize that makes me a bad poster), but something drew me to this one. And what was it that drew me? The word "Family." Skorp, you certainly begat a weird, bipolar, but mostly caring family. Really, an unbelievable feat in my eyes. Rarely, if ever, have I witnessed so many people caring about so many other somewhat "strangers" (and I use that term loosely - but let's be honest, many of us wouldn't know one and other if we passed on the street). The bonds that have been created on this board, the actions taken supporting one and other, and even the fights, tirades, and rivalries nurtured on this board are all indicative of a true family (as dysfunctional as it often may be).

And we owe this family to you, Skorp. So as with all strong families, know that you have all of our love, strength, and spirit. A very heartfelt thank you for providing us with what we now send back your way . . . a bit of life.

WHOOPS - This is Ouchie . . . I didn't realize that I was logged on as Cheesebeef. We are both at our parents for the holiday season. That said, I am sure that Cheese echoes my thoughts. We were actually just speaking of you yesterday at the game and saying how much we enjoyed our give and take with you, and actually appreciated you, even if you didn't always feel the same . . . . (us Darksiders know we're difficult to love).

Last edited:

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey, Jim...

It's always tough when we deal with the fragileness of Life but take comfort in knowing that you are not alone. That your Cardinal family is here for you. I'm reminded of "It's a Wonderful Life". It's a TRUE statement. The "richest" people in Life are the ones that have good friends. GOD keep you strong! Mark :)

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Jim, in the ten or so years I've been reading your stuff, dating back to the Rivals site, I've only rolled my eyes at one comment you've ever posted. That was when you stated you were going to create the best Cardinals message board ever. I ate my crow on that a long time ago.

Thank you for giving us crazy Cardinal fanatics a home on the inter-net. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, and I expect to see you back on here asap.

Go Cards!!!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck, Jim. We're thinking of you!!!

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck Jim. You've literally made me a better person with this board. I try to curse less both on this board and in real life, I've tried to improve my writing, and I try to fly off the handle less based on the standards of this board. It might just be because I'm ridiculous, but I seriously try to incorporate these standards into my life. I think everyone that's a serious member of this board looks to you for leadership. Anyway, hang in there brother.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jim,

You are too onery not to pull through :) I know we will see you soon. Well wishes and prayers your way for a swift recovery.

Chris

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jim you are the Q of this site. Nothing will keep you down. You are in my prayers.

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
Jim, I will remember your words and try to follow your example on this board. Thank you and God's speed! I look forward to reading your take on our playoff victory next week.
Dan

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Hang in there Jim!

Prayers for a speedy recovery and a playoff celebration!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A board without Skkorp isn't a board worth going to. If you can put up with me for all these years, you can put up with anything! Hang in there big guy and we'll save you a seat at the UOP for the NFC Title game when we host Philly!

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Like Ouchie, I never check the stickies, but was just now drawn to reading this one. Good thoughts your way, bro.

Thank you, Jim. For everything. I hope to finally meet you and shake your hand at some point next season. Maybe when we kick Indy's ass.

You are in my prayers. Get well soon.

p.s. you gotta love Mitch's post. Classic.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I discovered this board just a few months ago and now I don't know how I ever lived without it. That said...

Hang tough! Sending you love and blessings and prayers!

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ouchie really hit the nail on the head there. That post should be in the ASFN HOF.

First I just want to say that there is no way you wont be back on here tonight. If the MNF games against the Bears and Niners didn't kill you, nothing can.:)

Though you and I often see things differently, I have always appreciated you. Not only for creating the site, but for really creating a family within it. Everytime I have voiced on here that I was having any personal problems outside of the board (my hand amp and my son's injuries) have always made a point to send a pm wishing us better fortune and then a follow-up later on, even though we have never met. That takes a hell of a person. Good luck tonight and I expect to be hearing from you soon.

cardsfanmd

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you know we all want the best for you. Get well soon

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Thank you for creating a place where fans from all over can discuss the Cards with genuinely great people. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Good luck and God bless.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey Jim,

Hang in there bro, we are finally getting good (or almost respectable)! I'll never forget the game tapes of those crappy 2002 Cardinals you sent me in Paraguay. Keep the faith, you have my "prayers".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson