To all my ASFN family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This feels a little silly but I'm going to do it anyway.

Christmas week was rough, with emergency stays in two different hospitals and I'm going in this morning with the prospect of a more extended stay. I did not get to the game (first regular season game I've ever missed) but got to watch it at home. And likely will miss our playoff game, with a friend using my ticket.

I fully expect to be back on here soon. Yet, I'm not delusional. My directives are DNR and no trach or intubation, should things go bad. Been down that road before.

So, should I not return, I will miss you all. The bashers and the eternal optimists. You, the members, particularly the posters, make ASFN a special place and always have. Keep it that way and work well with the moderators, please. They do a thankless but necessary job and do it well.

No cussing or cursing and writing complete sentences with capitalization and punctuation and without texting shortcuts makes reading stuff here a pleasure. Please maintain theses standards because you will appreciate them in the long run.

This is premature if they send me home and I'm back on here tonight. That what be very good. If it's not premature, I will be glad I took the opportunity of saying goodbye. I know a few others among you are facing similar problems. I'll pray for us all.

Jim Skane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well see you back here in a few day JIM! No doubt in my mind. You a good friend to us all sir!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skkorp,

We need you around here. And, this Saturday! Please get better!

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People from all over the world whose lives you've touched are sending you their prayers and well wishes right now, including a little family in Las Vegas.

Only the best thoughts from all of us.

Jeff

Second Deck

Registered
Reaction score
You will be in our thoughts Skorp. Hope we are able to see you posting tonight. Thank you for crating this great site for Card fans.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Best wishes, Jim. I hope everything works out well. :thumbup:

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers go out to you, Jim. I hope to read you on this board, that you created, for many years to come.

But Jim, if that is not what happens, and your times comes earlier than ours, please remember all the lives you touched and the love you shared.

Happy Trails, friend.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It is my most sincere hope that you are being paranoid and you are fine in a couple days.

You have made this place special and we appreciate you for it. Now, get better soon, please.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The power of prayer is a great thing my friend. I will say a rosary that it all works out for you & your family.

Reaction score
Jim, I hope, pray and fully expect you to be posting here for some time to come.

In the meantime, I would like to say THANK YOU for creating a place for fans, worldwide, to discuss, commiserate, and celebrate all things Cardinals!

It is my pleasure to be a part of ASFN.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
God bless and good luck Skkorp. I look forward to posting with you here again soon.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Skkorp:

As Andy Dufresne wrote to Red (Shawshank Redemption):

"Hope is a good thing, Red. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."

Here's my prayer that you will do like Dufresne did...crawl through five football fields of sh%^ and come out clean and smelling sweet on the other side!

Hang tough and get through it, pal. There's no way we are going to the playoffs without our Captain. Rage on, Captain, rage on!

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thoughts are with you Skorrp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson