Time to trade David Johnson

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t know if DJ has put on too much weight( muscle) but it seems to take him longer to get up to speed. Edmonds seems to be near full speed on his third step. It appears DJ needs about five. That being said using him like we did today is good and with 2 backs sets defenses can’t cheat because they are both capable receivers.
It's all about the bicep curls bro. :)

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's always been this way, I don't understand the notion that he's lost his burst. He's the type of player to make you miss in space.
He can still be explosive no question. But there is something noticably different when I watch him compared to his first year.. his extra weight that he is carrying could easily be the reason. But that's jmo.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Poor line blocking limits jump cuts. He’s the best receiving back in the NFC. He’s way too good to give up on.
Well said.

He’s putting up pretty good numbers despite one of the worst Olines in the NFL no doubt

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Poor line blocking limits jump cuts. He’s the best receiving back in the NFC. He’s way too good to give up on.

We have been “stuck” with so many players with badly negotiated contracts (by the Cardinals’ Management). David Johnson is the least of my concerns.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
A nice game, but keep in mind this is the bengals. One of the few teams worse than the cards.
And he has had two other very good games as well (130+ total yards against the Lions and the Seahawks). He has had a good game in 3 of 5 games thus far.

Dingding

Veteran
Reaction score
And he has had two other very good games as well (130+ total yards against the Lions and the Seahawks). He has had a good game in 3 of 5 games thus far.

He was singlehandedly responsible for 2 big sacks against the lions, and had 3.6 yards per carry against the hawks. I’d hardly call that “very good”

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He was singlehanded you responsible for 2 big sacks against the lions, and had 3.6 yards per carry against the hawks. I’d hardly call that “very good”
Never said he was perfect, but he did have good games. Pass blocking needs some work, but the 3.6 yards per carry completely ignores the fact that he did so much damage in the passing game (8 catches for 99 yards).

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was singlehandedly responsible for 2 big sacks against the lions, and had 3.6 yards per carry against the hawks. I’d hardly call that “very good”

they were good games. And your theory could be used of the whole team in General. David Johnson is not good at pass blocking we know this. It’s been known. He is still a VERY good player no matter how much you try and downplay it.

Last edited:

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Currently on pace for 845 yards rushing and 790 yards receiving
That's fine by me. 1k yards rushing were always going to be tough with a weak run blocking OL and our defense bleeding points leading us to play catch-up. 800 yards receiving are low-key WR2 numbers or very good WR3. That's why he fits KK's offense perfectly. Imagine most other RBs trying to catch the backshoulder fades DJ caught yesterday. Great throws with perfect timing from KM, but the coverage was decent as well and not much room to secure the ball and get both feet down. Once we find a RB who can do these things as well, I guess we can talk about trading DJ lol!

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
KyCardFan, thanks for your application and suggestion about trading DJ. Unfortunately, while we are looking for candidates to possibly replace SK, we prefer to have someone who actually knows football. But thanks for your interest.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Jay Ajayi is still available. If that knee is ok, we should consider him, especially if DJ needs to miss time.

Just sayin'

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson