Thursday Cardinals Thoughts

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Anquan Boldin is tough, no question, but he won't take advantage of John Lott, and thus is often hurt. Enough already. Go get your game somewhere else. The thing is too, he puts pressure on the QBs because he's high maintenance and needs his touches. To me he has evolved into the epitome of the selfish WR who cares more about his own gig than doing what's best for his team to win. His talent is unmistakable, but here is a player who absolutely needs to be a #1. He cannot accept a subordinate role, it's not in his DNA. And as long as Fitz is in Cardinal red, Boldin will never be the #1 here anymore.

This weekend I will target the 4 players that I think the Cardinals should wheel and deal for.
+

They're more like 1a and 1b. They both bring a lot to the table and feed off each other. With Fitz the one taking up the saftey almost all the time Anquan does become 1a much of the time and he makes opposing teams pay. Pay him and I believe he'll be more open to the off season stuff. His demands need to be in the 5-6M range however.

As for the trades.......oh , oh, lay it on us.

And count me in for Plank.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
lots to chew on mitch.....that is why you got so many comments.....far too early for me to say anything but you know there will be between 15-20 new faces getting a check next season.

one thing....save your keystrokes no 7 starts camp as no 1. offenive plan will center around play action and runs which is where matt earned his keep

Leinart will be the starter. If he succeeds a new deal within the framework of the new CBA will need to be settled on, in the case that there even is a season.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Kurt was a bigger reason for us being a super bowl contender than the offensive scheme. That said, you can't really separate the 2 because 1 is required for the other, IMO. Do you fit the scheme around the players? Or find players who fit the scheme? Really the correct answer is you have to find a balance of both. That's what makes a good coach. Whiz showed he could adjust from the old Steelers smash mouth offense, to the Cardinals recent offense. Now he will have to show he can adjust again. Should be fun to see.

As for "Today's game is predicated on the passing game, ask the Saints and Colts" comment:
I agree you with, but at the same time you hear every year the "pattern" of the NFL. Go back and look at the last 10 teams who played in the Super Bowl (I am not going to bother writing it all out), and you will find a very mixed bag of strengths and weaknesses. My point is this, good football wins. Wether its a dominating defense, amazing running game, or amazing passing game, good football wins.

Good stuff here Binkar ----- In my opinion, the one thing that has made Whizenhunt such a successful coach here, is that he doesn't try to pound square pegs into round holes. He seems to be able to decifer where the player is BEST suited to play, and put him there. (SEE Antrel Rolle, and Alan Branch).

I see him doing that with schemes too. Having a pass first attack was a no brainer with Warner at QB. I doubt that this is true with Leinart under center, (which I predict will be exactly where Leinart will line up most of the tiime), rather than the gun that Kurt preferred. I think that you HAVE to fit your game plan to the strengths of your players if you wish to be successful in the NFL. So far Whiz has done that.

This off-season, his task will be to come up with a set of schemes that allows us to somehow score more points than we allow per game. That almost certainly means a change in our defensive scheme, as allowing 27-29 points per game will probably put more games in the loss column than the win column. Thus, I see his task as being able to find a way to make our offense productive enough to score, yet I see it being necessary to control the clock as well with a running game. That type of offense is not suited to running up scores like Warner's pass first offense was, but it will still have to score sufficiently to win. That probably means a lot more time and effort devoted to defensive personnel this year, and to schemes that allow those players to shine and play to their strengths. The overall goal will be to have the defense hold the scoring to 20 points and under, while the offense tries to generate 20 points or more. That is good football, and as Binkar said, "GOOD FOOTBALL WINS".

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Get rid of Dansby, Rolle, Boldin , and Leinart, call me crazy but i thought the idea of building a good team was to keep your better players :shrug:. So we're should let those guys and have Thigpen, Rashard Johnson, and that practice squad LB(name escapes) step in. The good thing is we should still be able to beat the Rams. I can see trading Boldin but that's about all i'd do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen