Thumbs-Up for Lindley!

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Played better than I thought he would, not good enough, but like a respectable 3rd string QB. If he improves marginally against Carolina, we stand a chance if our defense shows up.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh? 3 picks. One to a phantom receiver and 3 more that should have been picked. He had some good plays but let's not sugar coat it. It could have been a 6 pick day.

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lindley made mistakes

but he looked like a Pro QB today. A world of difference from last game when he looked like he didn't belong on the field. Brees had 3 INTs today also.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You got to give him credit for moving the chains. Meanwhile 49er fans are calling for their DB's heads after the blown coverages and dropped picks.

OP
OP
B

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Huh? 3 picks. One to a phantom receiver and 3 more that should have been picked. He had some good plays but let's not sugar coat it. It could have been a 6 pick day.

I predicted two pick-6's - so he exceeded my expectations :)

Really, the dude is a 3/4 QB, and this is his second NFL game in this offense. He did ok given his ceiling, there is a reason he was cut at the beginning and a reason he was brought back in front of LT - we saw reasons for both of those today.

He knows what he is doing for the most part, he didn't look lost, he just isn't consistent nor accurate enough to be better than what he is.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Lindley looked viable today. He made a lot of NFL throws. If SF's DB didn't tug on John Brown's shoulder, and not get called for it, that would have been another long TD.

But that didn't happen just like 6 int's didn't happen. Lindley played well enough to win.

LDL

Veteran
Reaction score
Night and day difference for Ryan today. Course that would be a total solar eclipse during a nuclear winter, but he showed improvement today.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He looked like a guy that shouldn't be playing starting QB for any playoff team. So I guess that is OK?!?

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
He looked like a guy that shouldn't be playing starting QB for any playoff team. So I guess that is OK?!?
In reality he shouldn't be. But what do you want the Cards to do? If he plays like he did today, the Cards can beat Carolina but that's about it and that's about a best case scenario.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In reality he shouldn't be. But what do you want the Cards to do? If he plays like he did today, the Cards can beat Carolina but that's about it and that's about a best case scenario.

Hindsight is 20/20 but when Palmer went down this team should have signed a better Vet. PERIOD. Even a washed up vet by now would be doing a better job than Lindley.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Catfish had the early vibe this morning that Lindley would show up today. And he did. BA and Tom Moore have really been coaching him up. Again, though, where is Carson Palmer? If it were Kurt Warner he would be right there to offer his assistance and encouragement.

OP
OP
B

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Catfish had the early vibe this morning that Lindley would show up today. And he did. BA and Tom Moore have really been coaching him up. Again, though, where is Carson Palmer? If it were Kurt Warner he would be right there to offer his assistance and encouragement.

Carson's knee is still too damaged to be on the sideline, he said it starts to swell after about an hour of standing and he is on full crutches.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

I believe I heard/read he's been having swelling issues though I agree you would think they could have him sit a lot & give some input

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Hindsight is 20/20 but when Palmer went down this team should have signed a better Vet. PERIOD. Even a washed up vet by now would be doing a better job than Lindley.
I agree and said as much back on September 16:

Even if it's just for a week, or two, if Palmer is out, I can't believe the Cards aren't brining in a veteran to backup Stanton. If something happens to him, I can't imagine they'd be okay with Logan Thomas seeing the field.

It's from this thread:
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/priority-1-carson-palmer-212533-2.html

That being said. I thought Lindley looked fine today, especially as a #3 QB.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The postgame talking heads said one was the WR running the wrong route, one was simply on Lindley (bad decision), and one was at the end out of desperation (can't blame him for forcing something).

I can see it that way.

As for the near-INT's - have you not watched Palmer or Stanton take the snaps for our team? Par for the course. How many near-INT's do we (regardless of the QB) throw EVERY game?

Some people just want to continue focusing on the negatives.

Props to Lindley for his improvement.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The postgame talking heads said one was the WR running the wrong route, one was simply on Lindley (bad decision), and one was at the end out of desperation (can't blame him for forcing something).

I can see it that way.

As for the near-INT's - have you not watched Palmer or Stanton take the snaps for our team? Par for the course. How many near-INT's do we (regardless of the QB) throw EVERY game?

Considering that Arians asked Lindley who he was throwing the ball to on the missed route, I'm going to believe that Lindley thought it was an inside slant and the route was actually a go route. Had Lindley recognized it as a go route, he could've had an easy TD pass instead of throwing to triple coverage.

The one in the first quarter when he tried to thread the needle to Hughes on third down was awful and should've just thrown it away.

I didn't see the game ending one, but heard he was staring down his intended target the whole way.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
All things considered it was a huge improvement from the Seattle game. Did anyone here ever expect Lindley to throw for 300+ yds.? Did anyone expect him to throw not one but two TDs? Realistic expectations please. The 17 points could have been 20 if BA had allowed Cat to try the 53 FG but he elected to punt instead. Don't understand that decision. Cat ,makes the FG and we would have been looking at a tied game instead of a 3 point deficit.

The defense gave up six plays of 20+ yards yesterday. The Cardinals had 4 plays of 20+ Yds.

The last two weeks both the Hags and Whiners ran all over the defense. Did these two teams figure out Bowles defense after playing it the first time?

By the way here is the 2015 schedule.

Home

Green Bay (NFC North)

Minnesota (NFC North)

Baltimore (AFC North)

Cincinnati (AFC North)

New Orleans (NFC South)

San Francisco (NFC West)

Seattle (NFC West)

St. Louis (NFC West)

Away

Chicago (NFC North)

Detroit (NFC North)

Cleveland (AFC North)

Pittsburgh (AFC North)

Philadelphia (NFC East)

San Francisco (NFC West)

Seattle (NFC West)

St. Louis (NFC West)

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Even though we lost, I feel better having him throw 2 TD passes against SF in Santa Clara going into Carolina then if he had not.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
With the exception of the pick he threw on the miscommunication between him and John Brown, he looked good, by far his best game as a Cardinal and good enough to win the game if the defense shows up.

If John Brown doesn't drop the 2nd & 10 catch which would have gone for a first down on the next-to-last drive, we might be talking about a Cardinal victory.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score

I can see it that way.

So agree about the type of interceptions Palmer, Stanton and now Lindley throw---they all seem blind to tight coverage up the seams.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I for one think it was a massive improvement.

The guy has very little in game experience but he has a good arm. The key as always is does he get better?

Guys like him should never see the field on a team this good other than because of injuries but given he is seeing the field it's nice to see him improve.

Look if you are ever starting your 3rd or technically 4th string QB... then you aren't in a good place anyhow.

I thought he was impressive just for the improvement if nothing else. If he's coachable and if he learns he could be something later on.

This is a TERRIBLE time to give a QB on the job experience given it's now the playoffs but no one chose this and given the circumstances he's getting better.

I still don't think it's going to be enough to make much difference and I doubt we even win the Carolina game but we shall see.