Thoughts on this draft...

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
But I didn't say that. Talk about "ignorant." Seriously, go back and pay attention to who said what. Unbelievable. You really should be embarrassed.

Especially with that obnoxious, over-sized placard under his name.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Yeah, unless they were really sold on him, they should have traded him to Toronto right away, while the Raptors will so hot for him. Now it's too late.

Yes, that's what I meant, specifically with respect to Toronto paying a high price for him.

I assume the Suns can trade his rights -- I don't know why they couldn't -- but if they have to dump him for a second-round pick, that would be a horrible concession. Better to wait and see whether he can find his game.

Ummm. You are pulling bits and pieces of what I said from my post and held them to the letter of exact wording. Doesnt change my point and I was paraphrasing you. You said his trade value is diminished no? (see above) I dont agree with that. You did say if all they get is a 2nd rounder then its not worth it. Ok. My MAIN point is his trade value after 4 summer league games is NOT diminished.

Look at the discussion overall instead of getting nitpicky when I paraphrased the discussion between you and Mainstreet in my last post.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
You said his trade value is diminished no? (see above) I dont agree with that.

Yes, I did say that, and okay, so we disagree there. No problem.

My MAIN point is his trade value after 4 summer league games is NOT diminished.

We could debate how much it's diminished, but to say it's not diminished at all is pretty questionable. He was supposed to be relatively ready for starting his NBA career and instead is being outclassed in summer league. It's not the kiss of death, but it's not a good sign.

Look at the discussion overall instead of getting nitpicky when I paraphrased the discussion between you and Mainstreet in my last post.

Putting words in someone's mouth and then using that as a basis to insult them rises above "nitpicking."

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I especially enjoyed these two paragraphs from the article posted by deanondraft in NCAA.

You need to have some sort of special powers to dominate inside the arc the way TJ did, and it’s clear that his special powers are excellent footwork, coordination, and body control to go with feathery touch anywhere within 12 feet, especially when he’s on the run. He by far the most polished scoring prospect in the class. But what makes him exceptionally appealing is that he hardly ever wastes any time or motion at all with the ball. He has a knack for catching the ball in a position to score, as he can get where he’s going and get his shot off in 0 or 1 dribbles most of the time. If he’s taking 2 or more dribbles it’s because that’s the required amount of dribbles to get to the rim. Every time he dribbles it’s with direction and purpose. The one time I saw him dribble more than 2 times in the half-court: he tried to go left, it wasn’t there, he pulled back and waited for a screen, and then went right and crisply got off his floater. Even though plan A wasn’t there, he did no aimless dribbling, just pulled back and executed plan B. But every other time plan A worked for him and he got his shot off.

The precision that he operates with is stunning, and it also applies to his shot creation. He never wastes an opportunity to get off a quality shot. It has been noted that he racked up lots of transition baskets and putbacks, but that’s not a coincidence. He doesn’t crash the offensive glass for rebounds, he crashes for putbacks. He was able to get putbacks by tapping the ball in, catching the ball and putting it back while hanging in the air, and he even had a perfectly timed tip slam where the unathletic label appeared to be dead wrong.

http://deanondraft.com/2014/07/20/tj-warren-operates-with-surgical-precision/

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Jesus ill remove it. All you gotta do is ask.......

Sorry, I was in an obnoxious mood of my own. Don't do it on my account. I have removed all signatures via User CP options thanks to Steve's advice. But it seriously was annoying when I did see it. :p

Errntknght

Reaction score
Most enjoyable article on Warren, chiunit...

Until he gets promoted to a starter we are going to have a second unit that can explode offensively

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Didn't see any of the summer league games but I'll try to look them up. Good to hear so much positive about TJ and a little bit disappointing that Archie did not impress more. I hope he earns some playing time so we can see him on the court early in the season. Both of them actually. Will be interesting to see how TJ does fighting for PT with PJ and Marcus.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Didn't see any of the summer league games but I'll try to look them up. Good to hear so much positive about TJ and a little bit disappointing that Archie did not impress more. I hope he earns some playing time so we can see him on the court early in the season. Both of them actually. Will be interesting to see how TJ does fighting for PT with PJ and Marcus.
One thing to factor in for Goodwin's struggles is that he probably went into SL being told to work on the things that he needs to improve on as apposed to just playing his game. He looked a little uncomfortable out there and I wouldn't be surprised if it simply came down to overthinking everything.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Sorry, I was in an obnoxious mood of my own. Don't do it on my account. I have removed all signatures via User CP options thanks to Steve's advice. But it seriously was annoying when I did see it. :p

All good already changed it. Man of the people over here :)

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing to factor in for Goodwin's struggles is that he probably went into SL being told to work on the things that he needs to improve on as apposed to just playing his game. He looked a little uncomfortable out there and I wouldn't be surprised if it simply came down to overthinking everything.

But he didn't seem to be doing that either. I think that TJ was just that much better than him, he could see it, he wasn't getting the ball as much. Then when he did get it, he forced it.

Archie has way more athleticism than Warren, but TJ just knows what to do with his body and has an amazing touch around the basket.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
But he didn't seem to be doing that either. I think that TJ was just that much better than him, he could see it, he wasn't getting the ball as much. Then when he did get it, he forced it.

Archie has way more athleticism than Warren, but TJ just knows what to do with his body and has an amazing touch around the basket.
Meh, either scenario is completely possible, but there is no way for us to know for sure. Even Plumlee struggled quite a bit in SL because he was trying to work on things that he isn't particularly good at. As for Archie he tried to get the jumpshot going, but he seemed to lose faith in it more and more as SL progressed. All in all this SL was pretty bad for most of the players with the exception of Warren really.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison