This solves our problems on the front line!

KANIDJA

Registered
Reaction score
Sign Vlade Divac for the vet minimum. If Lakers cut him and probably will (owe him 5.4 mill can cut him for two) we should sign this guy. He is very good passer and can rebound and defend little bit. Extremely smart player and great locker room guy. Only issue would is his health.

Little prediction. I think Suns trade Marion for Pierce this off season. Don't get on me its just something I think its going to happen. I love Marion and don't even want this to happen but wouldn't mind either. All I know Ainge LOVES Marion and I think he would be a better fit on that team than Pierce is.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Not only do I think neither of those things will happen, I dont want either of them to happen. Divacs is done, way to old, he cant play 82 games.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
If Vlade could play a whole season I might agree.

Please no Paul Pierce and definitely not for Marion.

Pierce is a excellent player but so is Marion. The off the court issues make Marion much more desirable right now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
If Vlade could play a whole season I might agree.

Please no Paul Pierce and definitely not for Marion.

Pierce is a excellent player but so is Marion. The off the court issues make Marion much more desirable right now.

I'm not one to be shy about deals involving Marion - but Paul Pierce? No thanks. There's not enough shots to go around and his ego wouldn't fit next to Amare's.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Vlad has a team option for this year don't know if they will exercise it or not but I am sure we will find out.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Why trade for Peirce when you have JJ? No way THAT happens! :D

If we trade Marion for anyone, it would have to be a center or BIG power forward. Who out there is good enough to trade Marion for and get the same production the Suns are getting from Marion. We would have to get a good 2 for 1 deal, and I don't see a team giving up two guys we'd want for just one. :shrug:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
A year ago, I would have been in favor of a Marion/Pierce trade, but now I'm not. Pierce seems to be in a permanent funk, he's no longer anywhere near as effective at creating good shots for himself, and his numbers are slipping across the board. I had Pierce as my top pick on a fantasy team last year, so I watched him closely, and he just isn't that good anymore.

Paul Panks

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Are you sure this isn't Ant. Walker? Ant. Walker's numbers have been slipping since 2000, not really Pierce.

Paul

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Do your homework please...

I stand by my earlier statement. Pierce had a good shooting year last season -- which I admit I hadn't realized -- but the overall trend of his numbers is still downward.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've heard references to major problems with Pierce late in the season. He might be another Vince Carter who gets reborn on another team, but right now he's not likely to attract strong trade options for the Celtics.

sunsfan13

Reaction score
Those may be two of the worst moves that this team could make. We are trying to win a title not next year's draft lottery.

asudevil83

Reaction score
KANIDJA said:
Sign Vlade Divac for the vet minimum. If Lakers cut him and probably will (owe him 5.4 mill can cut him for two) we should sign this guy. He is very good passer and can rebound and defend little bit. Extremely smart player and great locker room guy. Only issue would is his health.

Little prediction. I think Suns trade Marion for Pierce this off season. Don't get on me its just something I think its going to happen. I love Marion and don't even want this to happen but wouldn't mind either. All I know Ainge LOVES Marion and I think he would be a better fit on that team than Pierce is.

those are two of the worst suggestions i've seen in a long time.

1.) what the hell is Vlade going to do on the floor. stand around....cuzz he sure as hell wont be running with this team.

2.) why the hell would we want Pierce. to add ANOTHER potent scorer to the team. that's the last thing we need. Marion provides us exactly what we are needing: defense, rebounding, some scoring.....but doesnt REQUIRE the ball in his hands to be effective.

i pass on both without a second thought.

OP
OP
K

KANIDJA

Registered
Reaction score
asudevil83 said:
those are two of the worst suggestions i've seen in a long time.

1.) what the hell is Vlade going to do on the floor. stand around....cuzz he sure as hell wont be running with this team.

2.) why the hell would we want Pierce. to add ANOTHER potent scorer to the team. that's the last thing we need. Marion provides us exactly what we are needing: defense, rebounding, some scoring.....but doesnt REQUIRE the ball in his hands to be effective.

i pass on both without a second thought.

LOL!
When you play good teams especially in playoffs you can't always exactly run. Plus Divac would play maybe 20-25 minutes a game druring the playoffs less in regular season. He is an extremely seasoned vet and his basketball IQ is very very high. His age is not a concern for me simply because he was never in shape. He used to smoke couple packs of cigarettes a day and still was effective. For vet minimum I would be all over him and I am sure everyone rational thinks the same way! Thomas, Amare and Divac would be plenty up front. Maybe even pick up someone younger like Morris and I would not be worried about our frontcourt.

Paul Pierce was not a suggestion. I just think they might go for that trade. I also think that we should not do it but would not be as bad as some of you make it. Some people think they just know everything. Pierce is an excellent player and maybe if we had him against SA we could have pulled it off. Marion is a great player and I love him BUT he was invisible during that series.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Some people think they just know everything.

Are those the people who first post controversial opinions, or the people who later disagree with them?

asudevil83

Reaction score
elindholm said:

Are those the people who first post controversial opinions, or the people who later disagree with them?

lol.....

but in regards to KANIDJA: i just stated that Divac fits nowhere in our style of play. if he cant get minutes in front of Brian Grant, then i seriously doubt his ability on the floor. i wouldnt have been a fan of picking him up two years ago. and 800packs of cigs, a SERIOUS back injury, and two years later, i would be even less thrilled.

i also wasnt downplaying pierce's skills. i was merely stating that what he brings is something we dont need. he is a #1 option for a team. and here, he'd be a #3 or even #4. he plays the same exact game as JJ also. he is nowhere near the rebounder marion is, but makes up for it with scoring and such.....but like i said, we dont need that. we need a guy like Marion.

OP
OP
K

KANIDJA

Registered
Reaction score
elindholm said:

Not targeting anyone particular with that but rather implying that scouts, gm's, coaches and players know lot more about other player's personalities and capabilities than we do. You can't tell me that Pierce would be a cancer on this team. I would agree if someone said that he might be the cancer because of things that happened in his (show some facts). I see him on the court and couple of times in the locker room and boy fights. He leaves it out there. And he is a great talent, guy that can create his won shot. Some thing he does better than Marion. Some things he doesn't. Would I like to see him wear Suns uni? Maybe, but Marion is good enough.

OP
OP
K

KANIDJA

Registered
Reaction score
elindholm said:

Where did I say I wanted this trade to happen??
I read a report the other day that Pierce is available. Ainge is their GM and I know that he loves Marion (he said it many times). Suns are gearing up for the ring run and Pierce could be the guy that takes us there.
So, there is potentai for a trade. Why? Because Suns might be interested in someone who is not going to dissapear in the playoffs because he can create his own shot and go to the line. Celtis because Ainge loves Marion and because they are not ready to go to the next level and Marion is younger than Pierce. Is anything going to happen? Don't know.
Capish? Razumes?

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
KANIDJA said:
Where did I say I wanted this trade to happen??
I read a report the other day that Pierce is available. Ainge is their GM and I know that he loves Marion (he said it many times). Suns are gearing up for the ring run and Pierce could be the guy that takes us there.
So, there is potentai for a trade. Why? Because Suns might be interested in someone who is not going to dissapear in the playoffs because he can create his own shot and go to the line. Celtis because Ainge loves Marion and because they are not ready to go to the next level and Marion is younger than Pierce. Is anything going to happen? Don't know.
Capish? Razumes?

What makes you think Pierce is worth giving up Marion for this team?

I have been a big fan of Paul Pierce but his performance on the court lately does not make me want to give up Marion for him.

It would be a bad idea for the Suns.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison