There’s still a possibility we draft Nabers

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I’m fully with @Stout now.

Even if MHJ is gone, I don’t want to trade back.

I would still draft Nabers.

We already have a lot of picks. How many more do we need?

it depends - A LOT-- on where you trade back to and what you get

if a QB is in play for 4, what if it is to #6 and you get an extra 2nd this year for it + stuff?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
PHNX crew are saying if MHJ isnt there at 4 they are likely to trade back for OL.

Might need to start scouting that Oregon State OL if MHJ isnt there @Chopper0080
I like Fuaga a lot. I feel he fits what AZ wants to do. If you haven't watched him, you should. His play in games mirrors his play at the Senior Bowl. Very physical dude but not dirty.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Fuaga a lot. I feel he fits what AZ wants to do. If you haven't watched him, you should. His play in games mirrors his play at the Senior Bowl. Very physical dude but not dirty.

Fuaga is one of my favorite players in the draft right now. The kid is so physical. In my first mock draft I had the Cardinals moving up from the Texans pick to snag him. I would be so excited if the Cardinals land him. I think he fits this team perfectly.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Fuaga is one of my favorite players in the draft right now. The kid is so physical. In my first mock draft I had the Cardinals moving up from the Texans pick to snag him. I would be so excited if the Cardinals land him. I think he fits this team perfectly.

If we drafted Fuaga MCD, would he start at LT immediately?

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
That is exactly what I would do grab the WR at 4 then trade up if that for they want its not every we have the capital to do this "USE it or LOSE It"

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My take on the last couple of pages.

Nabers is well worth #4. In any other draft all we would be talking about is Nabers. MHJ shouldn't change that.

Nabers is better than Odunze, and I don't think it's close. Odunze is very good, and worth a top 15 pick, but he's not Nabers. Nabers could easily be Ja'Marr Chase.

I think Fuaga is overrated. He's worth the #27 if there but I don't agree with the top 15 hype.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
My take on the last couple of pages.

Nabers is well worth #4. In any other draft all we would be talking about is Nabers. MHJ shouldn't change that.

Nabers is better than Odunze, and I don't think it's close. Odunze is very good, and worth a top 15 pick, but he's not Nabers. Nabers could easily be Ja'Marr Chase.

I think Fuaga is overrated. He's worth the #27 if there but I don't agree with the top 15 hype.
My take on this take.

Agree on Nabers. The question will be about a potential trade down if MHJ is gone. My guess is that Monti would trade down vs taking Nabers, but that wouldn't necessarily be my preference unless the Cardinals got a legitimate NFL player back vs just a ton of picks.

What skews my view of the Nabers vs Odunze argument is fit with Murray. Maybe it is overblown but with what Murray has shown so far, I kinda feel like contested catching ability outweighs run after catch ability. I also feel like Odunze is a more polished player and Nabers is more raw...that may matter more with Murray. Just thinking out loud here.

Regarding Fuaga, I go back and forth. I think he is an awesome RT prospect. I don't know if he could flip to the LT spot which I still feel is important for a top 20 player. If you think he has the athleticism to do so, he had better tape than Fashanu last year, and it would be a debate between the two. I am just not knowledgeable enough to make that determination (I would lean no). I disagree about Fuaga not being a top 15 player, he is IMO. He is a rock solid prospect and I can't see 15 other better prospects from this class. I am not sure a RT only prospect should be drafted in the top 20, and agree with K9 about asset allocation to different position groups being important. That said, how much to take that into account will be clearer after free agency.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
he is a RT
This is the biggest issue with drafting him IMO. And yes, I understand about RT being the second most important position on the line, and that the best EDGE players switching sides. That said, the facts are that an inability to switch or project into the most important position, LT, does matter. You just need a top 20 prospect to be able to do both at a high level. Wirfs was drafted high because he had the athleticism to play both. Fuaga does not IMO.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I also feel like Odunze is a more polished player and Nabers is more raw
Based off of what though?

Nabers is a very good route runner & knows how to pick the weak spot in the zone.

I honestly feel like since Odunze isn’t really fast on the field, it just gets masked with technique & good technique = polished, but since Nabers is athletically superior, he gets the “more raw” label.

Nabers can do more things Odunze can do than Odunze doing more things Nabers can do.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think Monty trades down if MHJ is gone for two reasons. I’m not sure he takes a WR that high unless he’s Calvin-esque as a prospect which MHJ is a poor man’s version of IMO. Also if he goes top-3 it means the trade package for #4 is more enticing because Maye or Daniels is available. Monty just seems like he’d play to the strength of the draft which is WR heavy in the 27-35 range. Nabers is awesome but Monty is a draft pick(s) honk.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Based off of what though?

Nabers is a very good route runner & knows how to pick the weak spot in the zone.

I honestly feel like since Odunze isn’t really fast on the field, it just gets masked with technique & good technique = polished, but since Nabers is athletically superior, he gets the “more raw” label.

Nabers can do more things Odunze can do than Odunze doing more things Nabers can do.
I think Odunze shows better body positioning than Nabers. To me he pins defenders better which enables better success on contested catches. IMO Odunze plays through contact better especially at the LOS. Maybe I am more impressed by Odunze's ability to create separation because I know he isn't as fast as Nabers. I also feel like Odunze has better hands than Nabers.

Some of the above has to do with size, and I certainly feel Nabers can become a more physical player. That is why I believe he is the better prospect. I agree with you that Nabers can do more than Odunze.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think Monty trades down if MHJ is gone for two reasons. I’m not sure he takes a WR that high unless he’s Calvin-esque as a prospect which MHJ is a poor man’s version of IMO. Also if he goes top-3 it means the trade package for #4 is more enticing because Maye or Daniels is available. Monty just seems like he’d play to the strength of the draft which is WR heavy in the 27-35 range. Nabers is awesome but Monty is a draft pick(s) honk.
What would test me is if Denver offered Pat Surtain, 12, and a 2025 1. If Minnesota offered 11, Justin Jefferson, +. Giants offered Thibodeaux and 6. Saints give up Olave, 14, and a 1st and 3rd in 2025.

These are the only type of trades that would interest me.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think Odunze shows better body positioning than Nabers. To me he pins defenders better which enables better success on contested catches. IMO Odunze plays through contact better especially at the LOS. Maybe I am more impressed by Odunze's ability to create separation because I know he isn't as fast as Nabers. I also feel like Odunze has better hands than Nabers.

Some of the above has to do with size, and I certainly feel Nabers can become a more physical player. That is why I believe he is the better prospect. I agree with you that Nabers can do more than Odunze.
I would ask you:

Would you rather fill the Hopkins role in the offense or the Kirk role?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Nabers contested catch rate was abysmal compared to Odunze. That's a fact, and Murray really needs an outside receiver who can make those alert plays. It was a staple of the offense when the Cardinals were really good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard