The Walking Dead (AMC)

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
As much I enjoy the show somethings are just too blatant to be overlooked.

First of all why the hell did take Rooker's character so long to attempt to grab a tool? No sense whatsoever.

Second, the Glen character and the others were pissed at the cop because of the noise from shooting his gun and then he precedes to drive the loudest car to their hideout without a peep from anybody except the people staying at the quarry.

Third, if they are under the impression that contact with "geek" blood can turn you why would the men of the camp stand around one and beat the junk out of it? If the nut knows it takes a shot through the brain why didn't the men who recklessly exposed themselves to the infection know?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

First of all why the hell did take Rooker's character so long to attempt to grab a tool? No sense whatsoever.

Second, the Glen character and the others were pissed at the cop because of the noise from shooting his gun and then he precedes to drive the loudest car to their hideout without a peep from anybody except the people staying at the quarry.

Third, if they are under the impression that contact with "geek" blood can turn you why would the men of the camp stand around one and beat the junk out of it? If the nut knows it takes a shot through the brain why didn't the men who recklessly exposed themselves to the infection know?

The first couple of points are valid, but not the entirety of the last. They couldn't put a shot through the brain because they were short on ammo. It seems to me they thought they destroyed the brain by beating it.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
One guy had an axe and the other what looked a spear. The ammo thing I get because the guys who stayed behind do not want loud noises to be made for the possibility of attracting the walkers, but come on. The one guy actually chopped the head off. He could have just as easily buried the axe into the head of the zombie.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

On your first point, I do not believe the first time we see the character try to get the tools is the first time he tried to get them. His belt is clearly already off and strewn on the grown towards the tools creating the impression that he had been trying with no success before we actuall see him try.

And on your second point I believe it can be explained by youth. He is a young kid who was clearly excited with the car and did a young stupid thing. He probably had a false since of security that they were safe up in the mountains and just did a immature thing.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Louis is entirely to critical. Its a freaking show about a zombie apocalypse for Christs sake.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
I think Louis is entirely to critical. Its a freaking show about a zombie apocalypse for Christs sake.

Sure suspension of disbelief is a must, but there doesn't have to be what seems to be acts in each episode so far that are contrary to what we are learning about what has happened through the eyes of the lead.

I welcome the outlandish but don't tell me contact with blood causes infection and then have scene with guys getting blood on protective equipment in their hair. Don't show me a scene where survivors chew out the cop because of the noise he makes that'll attract zombies from all over and then proceed to drive a noisy car to your super secret hideout.

At least make sense in terms of the lines that are being drawn. That's all I ask.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure suspension of disbelief is a must, but there doesn't have to be what seems to be acts in each episode so far that are contrary to what we are learning about what has happened through the eyes of the lead.

I welcome the outlandish but don't tell me contact with blood causes infection and then have scene with guys getting blood on protective equipment in their hair. Don't show me a scene where survivors chew out the cop because of the noise he makes that'll attract zombies from all over and then proceed to drive a noisy car to your super secret hideout.

At least make sense in terms of the lines that are being drawn. That's all I ask.

Can you tell me which part or episode they stated that getting the blood on your skin caused you to be infected? I don't recall that. I recall being bitten or getting it in an orifice of some kind? but not just on the skin?

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Can you tell me which part or episode they stated that getting the blood on your skin caused you to be infected? I don't recall that. I recall being bitten or getting it in an orifice of some kind? but not just on the skin?

The dude from Jericho said not to get it on your skin. Which of course in the next episode they suited up when they slaughtered the zombie and even wore that protective mask to keep the blood from getting on them. (Of course they proceeded to use bloody gloves to remove the mask and got blood on the inside and still wore the mask.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dude from Jericho said not to get it on your skin. Which of course in the next episode they suited up when they slaughtered the zombie and even wore that protective mask to keep the blood from getting on them. (Of course they proceeded to use bloody gloves to remove the mask and got blood on the inside and still wore the mask.

But did he say "don't get it on your skin because ti will cause you to get infected" or something like that? Or id he just say "don't get it on your skin" as in trying to be extra careful?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
But did he say "don't get it on your skin because ti will cause you to get infected" or something like that? Or id he just say "don't get it on your skin" as in trying to be extra careful?
:trout:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gotta agree with this.

Yeah, I'm fine with this. As long as they don't tell me it's loosely based on a true story I can handle minor (possible) inconsistencies. If they change the name to The Perfect Zombie Storm though, I'm out of here.

Steve

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm fine with this. As long as they don't tell me it's loosely based on a true story I can handle minor (possible) inconsistencies. If they change the name to The Perfect Zombie Storm though, I'm out of here.

Steve

lol... i thought they had said don't get it in your mouth or eyes, which is why they were wearing the face shields.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol... i thought they had said don't get it in your mouth or eyes, which is why they were wearing the face shields.

Yeah, they did. It was just concern about openings of any kind including minor cuts.

Steve

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know why they're not all walking around with a bow or crossbow. Silent, allows you to kill at a distance and you can retrieve your ammo.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know why they're not all walking around with a bow or crossbow. Silent, allows you to kill at a distance and you can retrieve your ammo.

Would have to have been prepared for a zombie apocalypse in order to be stocked up on bows and cross bows.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would have to have been prepared for a zombie apocalypse in order to be stocked up on bows and cross bows.

I'm pretty sure there's a Dick's Sporting Goods store near just about everybody. That would be my first stop right after I picked up my tank.

Steve

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there's a Dick's Sporting Goods store near just about everybody. That would be my first stop right after I picked up my tank.

Steve

Well in an urban area sure. But by the time you figured out what was going on and especially figured out that noise attracted the SOB's it may be to late for you to make your way to one safely. ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave