The Walking Dead (AMC)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Some people will be disappointed, but there won't be that many human/zombie encounters. This is first and foremost a character study about a variety of people and how they deal with unbelievable circumstances.

Season 1 is 6 episodes, so it's going to be a lot of character development.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely loved it!

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I like Darabont a lot, the trailer looks decent, but I DO NOT understand the appeal of zombies. And there's nothing in this that looks new. In fact they even took the whole virus thing from all the other zombie flicks. These are your everyday, ordinary zombies. Can't run. Can't open doors. Poor motor function in general. Just once I'd love to see a zombie with some critical thinking skills and good wheels -- not 4.4. 40 wheels, but a zombie that can run down you're typical fat American. Now that would be a zombie menace worth fearing.

That said, this show will live or die based on how much people end up caring for this guy's hunt for wife and daughter. Another classic storyline, but one that is usually redeeming and easy to relate to.

Seriously?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Cause you die first, fatty. :D

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Thought the premiere was very good. Curious to see how the season plays out. I have to imagine he is going to meet up with his wife and find out his old partner is now with her. Should be interesting to see how that works out.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Thought the premiere was very good. Curious to see how the season plays out. I have to imagine he is going to meet up with his wife and find out his old partner is now with her. Should be interesting to see how that works out.
I'm going with his partner was 'hittin it' before the world went to ****!

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Finally saw this tonight, really liked how it started. A little 28 Days Later in the start but that can be forgiven. I have a feeling it will pick up pace as the story goes on.

Of course it is the same old zombie stuff...no zombie movie has strayed far from the Romero version since he started making them--well the 28 Days Later & 28 Weeks Later ones could run real fast but that is about it.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going with his partner was 'hittin it' before the world went to ****!

Thats what I think too. I'm actually thinking it will be one of those "he was dead and I couldn't get to him at the hospital" type stories that he gave the wife which was BS.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Great premiere. I thought the pace added to the suspense. Must admit I lol'd when he shot the little zombie girl though... :(

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
having not read the comics, I was REALLY put off by the 28 Days Later like opening, but once that passed, I thought the pilot was a terrific slow burn until it exploded at the end.

this show will be great.

and I'm PRAYING that the Black Father and Son come back into the story. Not only was their story interesting, but the father is such an incredible actor (he's the only good thing about Hung) and I want to see more of him on the screen.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
having not read the comics, I was REALLY put off by the 28 Days Later like opening, but once that passed, I thought the pilot was a terrific slow burn until it exploded at the end.

this show will be great.

and I'm PRAYING that the Black Father and Son come back into the story. Not only was their story interesting, but the father is such an incredible actor (he's the only good thing about Hung) and I want to see more of him on the screen.

He (Lennie James) was the best thing about Jericho also and easily the best thing about Sahara. He's got a small recurring role in Human Target also so clearly he's drawing notice from someone.

Steve

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

this show will be great.

The pilot episode was basically the first 2 comics put to the screen.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He (Lennie James) was the best thing about Jericho also and easily the best thing about Sahara. He's got a small recurring role in Human Target also so clearly he's drawing notice from someone.

Steve

You must be registered for see images

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice brutal episode tonight. Action packed all the way.

It's probably my age showing but I could do without the 5 minutes it took them to apply their Walking Dead "makeup". Still, it was a great episode and just 2 shows into it, it's my "can't miss" show. Season one is only 6 episodes long followed by a 13 episode 2nd season. Any chance the 2nd season will start the week after the 1st season ends. I hate waiting.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree. Great episode. Can't imagine how any of us would act/react in the same situation. Would be insane.

I know exactly how I'd act/react in the same situation. By day two at the latest, I'd act like a zombie. There's just no way I make it to the survivor stage. I'd fail the cardio rule.

Steve

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thought the tease was pretty predictable, but I really liked the rest of the episode (although, not as much as the first). The smelling them up was GENIUS. I've never seen, heard or even thought about that.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
The smelling them up was GENIUS. I've never seen, heard or even thought about that.

That's where the show had problems for me though. They talk about not getting their blood on the skin yet Glenn's hair is in the blood. The mask they wore when chopping up the zombie had blood on the inside of it because the cop took the mask off with his blood and guts soaked gloves.

And also who wouldn't check the clouds to see if rain was coming for fear of washing off the smell?

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
The blood on the face shield bothered me as well. The rain not so much. It isn't like they could wait the rain out. The 'geeks' were breaking in...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That's where the show had problems for me though. They talk about not getting their blood on the skin yet Glenn's hair is in the blood. The mask they wore when chopping up the zombie had blood on the inside of it because the cop took the mask off with his blood and guts soaked gloves.

And also who wouldn't check the clouds to see if rain was coming for fear of washing off the smell?

Good points, so when the inevitable zombie apocalypse happens, we'll be sure to make you leader of the ragtag group of survivors. ;)

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but that's not realistic at all. I'm sure there's at least one twinkie between Texas and Los Angeles.

Finally, someone who agrees with me on the fatal flaw in Zombieland. Now a Chocodile, that's damn hard to find these days.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson