The Territorial Cup

Discussion in 'Arizona State' started by Absolute Zero, Nov 24, 2019.

1. AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy Magnanimous

What bowl are we looking at after this? Sun Bowl maybe? As far as the game goes...it was a snoozefest. I'm glad we won, though, considering it had upset written all over it. And on a side note...can you imagine what Daniel's arm would look like after he puts on 30 lbs? He already has a cannon for being a toothpick, but he's barely scratching the surface of his physical potential. Should be interesting!

2. gimpy

gimpy Registered

Not sure what you mean, "not their prettiest". I thought they played a good game, especially the second half.

3. Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach Feel Bad For Tate

Good game. Although you didn’t get Sumlin fired (unfortunately). The stomping on the 50 yard line pre-game and the late penalties were bush league. You have a bright future with your new recruits

4. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero Registered User

Great win for the Sun Devils! Was able to watch the second half on my Hulu free trial!

Another slow start by the offense. Maybe we'll open up the play calling next year? Not sure what the deal is.
    Dominant second half. Showed some class by not scoring on that last drive in favor of eating up the clock.

That may have been Benjamin's last game at SDS. Great to see him go over 1000 yards, again.

I was glad to see Tate on the field for the whole game. He showed that same flash, but his receivers didn't help on those ints.

2 ints by Jones. He has one year left, hoping he's a beast next year.

Onto the bowl, hope we can finish with a W.

Mainstreet likes this.
  5. az jam

az jam Registered User

Hope they (ASU) go to the Holiday Bowl in San Diego. Heard a report that both Holiday and Sun Bowl officials were at the game. One media predicted it would be ASU vs Iowa in the Holiday Bowl. We should know something this week.

Krangthebrain and Absolute Zero like this.
  6. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

I think I would prefer the Holiday Bowl. Maybe there are prearranged conference links that make it happen but Iowa (9-3) and Nate Walters is a very good team.

7. Absolute Zero

Would love to see us playing in the Holiday Bowl but wood our record merit that?

Seems that there are some other Pac-12 teams that finished ahead of us that could end up there.

The Sun Bowl would be a good place to land as well.

Would love to see us playing in the Holiday Bowl but with our record merit that?

8. az jam

az jam Registered User

Now I am hearing that it will be the Sun Bowl in El Paso vs Wake Forrest. Its an ESPN prediction:

Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl
    Sun Bowl Stadium, El Paso, Texas
    Dec. 31, 2 p.m., CBS

Bonagura: Arizona State vs. Wake Forest
    Schlabach: Arizona State vs. Wake Forest

9. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

I didn’t mind ASU changing their midfield emblem or the players stomping on it. That’s harmless rivalry stuff. The dumb penalties gotta go and that starts with the HC.

I was impressed the way ASU bounced back this year but mid season lulls can’t happen next year. They have to win 10 games and compete for the South.

10. cwamjn

cwamjn Registered

I don't have words for how disappointed I am, after watching this.

11. AZCB34

AZCB34 Registered User

That many wins will be determined by their schedule. Who did they play non conference? Then who do they play from North?

Most important...win this bowl game.

12. Raindog

Raindog Registered

Holiday Bowl against Iowa would be much better and higher profile than the crappy Sun Bowl against (uggh) Wake Forest.

AZCB34 likes this.
  13. cwamjn

cwamjn Registered

If I had to guess I'd guess another trip to the Sun Bowl.

Cfb playoffs--utah
    Rose--Oregon
    Alamo--sc
    Redbox--uw
    Sun--devils
    If Utah isn't selected I think everyone slides down and we go to Vegas. I guess also Cal could slip in there maybe play in the bay area and uw to the sun Bowl. That would be fine with me I'd prefer staying home with the cheez it bowl.

14. Absolute Zero

I agree, but that "higher profile" could come back to bite us if the coaching shuffle messes things up, and guys like Eno and Ayuk decide not to play so that they won't get injured before the NFL draft. I would like to see Eno come back next year, but wouldn't blame him if he jumped ship.

Mainstreet and Raindog like this.
  15. Raindog

Raindog Registered

If Eno comes back, ASU would have to figure as a favorite in the South, maybe with USC, depending on who they bring back. I think Utah gets cleaned out by graduation and guys jumping to the NFL.

Absolute Zero likes this.