The State of the CardNation

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
We wandered in the desert, a biblical forty years it seemed. We had heroes and hopes but little else to show for the sweat shed on the grounds of Sun Devil Stadium. A single playoff victory, on the road against the Cowboys, was the high water mark during the long drought. We moved West, to the NFC West and the Westside of Phoenix. It was there that our owner, an affable man named Bowtie Bill, found a new home for us. We could no longer accept excuses; we were no longer the armpit of the NFL.
Our team has had four years in its new home. We have gone from 5-11, to 8-8, to 9-7 and to 10-6. We are the two-time defending Champions of the NFC West. We have won four playoff games and have been to the Super Bowl. Like Moses, we looked down on the promised land but were denied entry. We have foes left to conquer.

This year begins without some of our leaders from the past: Kurt, Q, and Dansby are gone. Other starters like Rackers and Rolle have been replaced. One man, who will never touch the ball in play, did sign an extension. He is our Coach, and he is a man of character. He has kept with him the Hall of Fame Grimm qualities of a winner and the determination which come from a Lott of work.

We are not “favored” to win our Division this year. I believe the “experts” are mistaken. This Coach, and this Team, will be in position to win. It may take a different style of play to succeed, but I believe we will. For years, all I wanted was a winning team which had a reasonable shot at the playoffs every year. There is that Super Bowl Championship, promised land thing, but that can wait for January and February. This year we can prove that we are who we thought we were, and we are who we want to be.

Rise up Red Sea. We now have faith which comes from leadership and hope which comes from history. I love this team.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is as well written as any post or article ever and that's saying a lot considering the talents of Mitch and Brighteyes.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Very nicely written Dan. Dreams often dreamed of but never realize are now materializing right before our eyes. Cardinal playoff victories, runs at the Super Bowl and dare we say playing in the Super Bowl. Dreams are now realities. Life is good.

seesred

Reaction score
That was very inspirational. REDFAN you have a way with words, I hope we do rise to this years teams changes.

GBR

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Eloquently put, my friend...

The Cardinals over the years, (43+ for me) have been an "experience". Peaks. Valleys. A veritable roller-coaster of emotion. But now at last, I have peace. Does that mean I want to go back to our pre-Warner, pre-Whiz', pre-new stadium, pre-everything and struggle again?? Absolutely not! But, I can look at my Cardinals now, and say, they're honestly trying. Front office, players, fans...Everyone is making an effort to chip in. I've talked to (2 )football fans in the past couple weeks. A Chargers' fan and a Redskins' fan. When I said I was a Cardinals' fan the comments were "they're pretty decent" and "they're alot better." For me, that sums it up right there. ...And it feels pretty darn good! :) Again, well said Dan. Always enjoy your posts. GO CARDS! :)

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Dan,-----you said perfectly, what most of us could only stumble around and still not say. Thank you for wonderfully expressing what each of us feels. You are the ultimate Cardinals Fan.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn