The Rosen Problem

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really think Rosen should have had a season like Brees.

Brees works behind a top 3 OLine & a offensive savant with dangerous weapons such a Michael Thomas & Alvin Kamara.

Rosen was a OLine that legit lost all of its starters

But damnit

That’s no excuse

I expected Brees-like performance from Rosen.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your bias is showing.
so who else had a offensive line that lost all 5 starters during the season and had to get street FAs to play? Who else had UDFAs as starting WRs after injuries?

If I take the time to shred another excuse will you just "But what about" that one too?

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really think Rosen should have had a season like Brees.

Brees works behind a top 3 OLine & a offensive savant with dangerous weapons such a Michael Thomas & Alvin Kamara.

Rosen was a OLine that legit lost all of its starters

But damnit

That’s no excuse

I expected Brees-like performance from Rosen.

Hyperbole isn't suitable here. No one is expecting Brees but please hang on to whatever straw you can.

What I and any fan should expect is anything remotely resembling competence in a single aspect of the game to consider someone "the future" or "Good"

You can't be league bottom in every measurable area.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You clearly missed the point.

Dropped passes happen to every QB. It's bad that Rosen had less dropped passes than most of the league and was still horribly inaccurate.
“Then went on to have good seasons”

That’s your point

I’m mad he didn’t perform compared to HOFers & a MVP too despite dropped passes from every QB

Supporting cast doesn’t matter. Supporting cast be damned honestly

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hyperbole isn't suitable here. No one is expecting Brees but please hang on to whatever straw you can.

What I and any fan should expect is anything remotely resembling competence in a single aspect of the game to consider someone "the future" or "Good"

I agree

That’s why Goff should be out the league right now

Atrocious rookie season as well

I’m still hanging on to that

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’s hard to say if Rosen sucked because he’s just not going to be a good NFL QB or if it’s a result of our debacle of a team last year . Either way, the QBOTF question cannot be adequately answered. If Keim and CO think Murray is the dude, then he is the dude .

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Arizona dead center in amount of man games lost last year.

Everyone has injuries

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So everyone has injuries. Everyone has dropped passes. Arizona was actually one of the tops in the league in catching passes. Arizona was dead average in man games lost.

Excuses are like...well you know.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

you keep finding ways to denigrate Rosen and implying he can`t or won`t improve.To me that's grasping at straws .If you watched Rosen and failed to see any quality skills then you are watching the wrong freaking sport and have your own agenda.

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rosen had a terrible rookie year there's no denying that but a lot of that was on the coaches amongst other things. The one thing that does concern me about Rosen is that he regressed as the season wore on whereas Mayfield and Darnold improved. I know they had better circumstances but still. Seldom do all the QBs taken in the first round pan out and I worry that Rosen is going to be one of those who don't.

The other concern I have is where towards the end of the season Rosen said something to the effect that it was more fun at school because it wasn't football all the time and there were other things to do. Makes me worry about his commitment to becoming a great QB. It needs to be about football most of the time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hah that stat is even more brutal since it lists the importance of the injury.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bosa isn`t 5`10 trying to play QB in the NFL .Bosa also is the consensus top prospect.Nothing is a 100% sure thing.But expecting a 5`10 QB to come in to the NFL and be worthy of the #1 pick is a very longshot hope.

If being 5'10 makes it impossible to be successful - how is Russel Wilson doing it??? Would he be worthy of the #1 pick today - yep. How about Brees?

Size is a lot more important for someone trying to get around 300 - 350 pound guys - your damn right. When a qb has to get off blocks to throw a pass, than I will buy measurable's being super important for them to succeed.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
So everyone has injuries. Everyone has dropped passes. Arizona was actually one of the tops in the league in catching passes. Arizona was dead average in man games lost.

Excuses are like...well you know.

Man games lost on the offensive line?.So I still waiting to hear about which other teams lost their complete starting OLINE over the season?

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you keep finding ways to denigrate Rosen and implying he can`t or won`t improve.To me that's grasping at straws .If you watched Rosen and failed to see any quality skills then you are watching the wrong freaking sport and have your own agenda.

Wait answering your questions with facts is finding ways to denigrate?

Maybe you should ask for less facts

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man games lost on the offensive line?.So I still waiting to hear about which other teams lost their complete starting OLINE over the season?

I went with what information wasn't behind a paywall. You can pay it and answer your own question if you like.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Arizona dead center in amount of man games lost last year.

Everyone has injuries

The OL had the biggest impact on Rosen. Your chart doesn't show other teams injuries on the OL. And even more specifically other teams with rookie QB's. Our OL wasn't good to begin with. And with your logic David Johnson needs to go as well. Circumstances don't matter.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean you are welcome to refute any of this with any sort of real information. I would welcome it. Bring me back to the blissful ignorance that I had two weeks ago.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
If being 5'10 makes it impossible to be successful - how is Russel Wilson doing it??? Would he be worthy of the #1 pick today - yep. How about Brees?

Size is a lot more important for someone trying to get around 300 - 350 pound guys - your damn right. When a qb has to get off blocks to throw a pass, than I will buy measurable's being super important for them to succeed.

Wilson is taller and sturdier.Brees is taller.Its not impossible to succeed at 5`10 but its highly unlikely.Keep trying.The list of successful 5`10 QBs is?

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Look at these studs Drew Brees was worse than in his 3rd season... The Chargers realized he was so terrible that they drafted Phillip Rivers the following April.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The OL had the biggest impact on Rosen. Your chart doesn't show other teams injuries on the OL. And even more specifically other teams with rookie QB's. Our OL wasn't good to begin with. And with your logic David Johnson needs to go as well. Circumstances don't matter.

That simply isn't remotely true.

David Johnson's advanced stats have several above average rankings despite his situation.

Pointing that out only makes it look worse for Rosen. A guy in the same situation found some success while another didn't

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at these studs Drew Brees was worse than in his 3rd season... The Chargers realized he was so terrible that they drafted Phillip Rivers the following April.

You must be registered for see images attach

Drew Brees rookie season he had multiple advanced stats above league average.

This is not proving whatever point you are trying to make.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

We should take QBs who are 6'4 and over with rings and compare them to QB's who are 5'11 1/2 and below with rings and see who has the most.