The Original Theatrical Editions of Star Wars are NOT coming to DVD.

Phlegyas

Just win, baby
Reaction score
So says George Lucas.

In fact, he's going to change the special edition. He has replaced various scenes with different actors, such as the Anakin Ghost moment in Return of the Jedi with the NEW Anakin Skywalker actor.

I would not care, if the theatrical editions were coming to DVD.

But they aren't.

If you DO want them to, however...

You can sign a petition here. Every last signature can push George Lucas to release the beloved, original, theatrical editions on DVD. Pledge your support. Help those who want the original theatrical editions.

Many would buy both editions, thus earning Lucas more money, and restoring himself in the sight of many Star Wars fans everywhere.

An examples of a change:

NOTE: This image HAS been confirmed by Star Wars insiders.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
BIM is going to be pissed......

I think BOTH should be available. I can't see why they wouldn't do this from a business stand point, I would buy both editions and I am sure most people would. I like the new editions but the old movies is what I was raised on. Yeah things age and sometimes it isn't up to current day standards.

Oh well, my mom wants to get a face lift and have all this cosmetic surgery done, I won't have two editions of my mom - the old one and the new one. I'll be stuck with the new one

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
BIM is going to be pissed......

Nah, I've pretty much come to terms with it.

Thanks for nothing, George...for your freaking piece of crap decision...letting your ego get in the way of the plethora of Star Wars diehards that simply want the films they grew up with on dvd...you just don't get it, do you?...you probably edit your own family's home videos...inserting a jar jar here and a freaking ewok there...get a clue, George...it's bigger than you (if that's possible)...it's all about the fans - or at least it's supposed to be...don't count on my dollars...if I can't get the original trilogy on dvd as it was originally released in the theaters - I'm not buying your updated "not-so-freaking-special" editions...and I hope a ton of other fans do the same...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:bang: :bang: :bang:

:jedi: :jedi: :jedi:

OP
OP
Phlegyas

Phlegyas

Just win, baby
Reaction score
Unfortunately, many people have preordered the trilogy.

However, I believe that they are either ignorant that it's the "special edition," that the movies are extremely changed (even more than the special edition), or both. But I believe once these people see the terrible changes to the movies, there will be a great uproar.

This all reminds me of the New Coke situation about twenty years ago.

Let's hope it is, since New Coke is now gone and the Coke Classic is in. ;)

Still, I don't mind that the special editions exist, just that there are no original editions.

I'm not buying your updated "not-so-freaking-special" editions...and I hope a ton of other fans do the same...

If you want to make a difference, just sign the petition...every little bit helps... :)

Last edited:

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:

Thanks for nothing, George...for your freaking piece of crap decision...letting your ego get in the way of the plethora of Star Wars diehards that simply want the films they grew up with on dvd...you just don't get it, do you?...you probably edit your own family's home videos...inserting a jar jar here and a freaking ewok there...get a clue, George...it's bigger than you (if that's possible)...it's all about the fans - or at least it's supposed to be...don't count on my dollars...if I can't get the original trilogy on dvd as it was originally released in the theaters - I'm not buying your updated "not-so-freaking-special" editions...and I hope a ton of other fans do the same...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:thumbup:

The old stuff is what I want.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Homer Simpson said:
What changes are supposedly being made? Does anyone have a link or a list?
Super-imposing the faces of the "new" Anakin over the old Anakin's face. So like when Luke takes off Vaders mask we are going to see Haden whats his face instead of that old fat dude. A few other things I have read

Homer Simpson

All Star
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Super-imposing the faces of the "new" Anakin over the old Anakin's face. So like when Luke takes off Vaders mask we are going to see Haden whats his face instead of that old fat dude. A few other things I have read

Are they still going to give Han Solo a medal?

IMO, they should take that part out. Han Solo did not deserve a medal.

Think about what he did. He ran. He deserted the army in its time of need. True, he came back, but realize that he was the only combatant -- on either side -- that was in no danger. If he misses Darth with that shot, and Darth destroys Luke, and the Death Star doesn't explode, and it gets past the planet and destroys the Rebel Base, does Han die as well?

No. He watches the base explode, looks at Chewie, Chewie looks back at him, Han says '#%$&, let's get the %$^% out of here," Chewie growls in response, and they fly away. Chances are the empire doesn't chase after him because (a) they just won and don't really care about one little ship, (b) the Death Star took about 1/2 hour to get around a planet, no way it could keep up with the Millenium Falcon and (c) if Han misses Darth Vader, nobody knows he is there.

Now, the Death Star doesn't get destroyed without Han, so he definitely deserves something.

Like a certificate.

Or maybe -- maybe -- a plaque.

But he doesn't deserve a medal. And he definitely doesn't deserve to sleep with the Princess.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
George Lucas is a complete bafoon!

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
okay - stop me if you've heard this before...

George Lucas is not going to be releasing the original theatrical version of the Star Wars movies on DVD - he's screwing with them again...:D

Lucas, you are such a complete jerk for not offering both versions and letting the public decide which version they want to own. I know it's not the same but I sure am glad that I held on to my original triology on VHS.

Sorry about the sarcasm at the beginning of my post - probably need to go back to bed - foul mood today, plus we've talked about this last summer when it was first announced.

I'm putting my keyboard away for the day. :D

Shawn

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:

BIM - i believe you are out of luck my brotha. From what I've heard George has done away with the originals. if that is true he is a bigger moron than i thought in the past. i've never looked into the rumor, but if it is i'm not surprised - dude has gone over the cliff...

Shawn

Djaughe

Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
...you probably edit your own family's home videos...inserting a jar jar here and a freaking ewok there...
:biglaugh:

OP
OP
Phlegyas

Phlegyas

Just win, baby
Reaction score
I don't think he's actually destroyed the original copies...I think Fox would go postal if he did...

Now look. I think he'll change his mind if enough people are ticked off about it. He wasn't even going to release this revised trilogy until he could do it in a six-movie pack. However, so many complained, that he did do it.

So the same can apply here. So many people can complain, that he will do it.

Just sign this if you want to see it on dvd!

Last edited:

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:

Yeah, you've come to terms with it...

:)

Mike

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've signed the petition and even though it's distributed through Fox - nobody originally wanted to take a chance on the movie when the first one came out so he owns it outright - so there is the possibility that the could alter the original and no one can say anything about it - including Fox.

Shawn

Djaughe

Reaction score
FischerKing said:
i've signed the petition and even though it's distributed through Fox - nobody originally wanted to take a chance on the movie when the first one came out so he owns it outright - so there is the possibility that the could alter the original and no one can say anything about it - including Fox.

Shawn
could my old vhs version be actual collecter items? Hmm...maybe I should burn them onto dvd before tape degradation really sets in....

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Djaughe said:
could my old vhs version be actual collecter items? Hmm...maybe I should burn them onto dvd before tape degradation really sets in....

you have the stuff to transfer them over?

Shawn

Djaughe

Reaction score
FischerKing said:
you have the stuff to transfer them over?

Shawn
not yet...I'm saving my pennies. Maybe by november. I want to tackle my family vhs tapes too and perhaps add some ewoks next to my rugrats...

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Thank you, your signature has been confirmed. Thanks to the support of people like you, we now have 51,570 confirmed signatures with 7,919 still awaiting confirmation. Your signature ID number is #60227.
:thumbup: :hulk:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
George Lucas is an F-Hole. I lost my last bit of respect for this clown when I read that he visited the elaborate sets of "Gangs of New York" and had the following exchange;

"19th century New York was recreated on the lot of Cinecittà studios in Rome. When George Lucas visited the massive set, he reportedly turned to Scorsese and said that sets like that can be done with computers now."

(from imdb)

A-Bomb

Djaughe

Reaction score
Thanks for signing the originaltrilogy.com petition! Your signature ID number is #60260.
Not bad - I'm the 33rd person to sign up since portland...at this rate will have all the signatures in about 240 days....