Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Episode IX) (2019)

Discussion in 'Movies and Entertainment' started by Brian in Mesa, May 20, 2014.

1. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

I likened it to the game company EA. EA is notorious for buying a bunch of development houses then turning every franchise into a Churn and Burn franchise.

2. Covert Rain

Yep. They are trying to kill Rian Johnson's trilogy. I think they are trying to get him to walk versus firing him. Rian's recent comments indicate he has no word from the studio. Per Bob Iger....

"In the Star Wars case, Star Wars 9, which comes out this December will be the last of the Skywalker Saga and we’ll go into a hiatus for a few years before the next Star Wars feature."

Works for me. Take a break. Get the scripts, cast and director right. In the meantime, we have some Star Wars live action shows.

3. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

told ya.

4. Covert Rain

Yes you did about the one trilogy. The RJ one I called as well. You agree though? Good to take a break?

5. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Has No Time For Love

As a WDW passholder and probable DVC owner soon, I would agree that WDW is by far the best.

the wife has finally authorized my dream scenario..... We are going to visit every park worldwide in the next few years.

boom.

As far as the movie...... Can't wait. But I'm not totally up on the deep story lines or backstories..... I just want a good movie.

And I love Adam Driver. the dude is a great actor. Just wish Rey, Fin, & Poe were as convincing.

6. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

definitely.

they're better off doing the TV stuff. The movies post Luke, Leia, Han just aren't going to be "Star Wars" or do Star Wars business just because of the title. I think they kinda cheapened the brand and oversaturated the market which is what people were afraid of when Disney bought Lucasfilm.

7. Covert Rain