The onside kick

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I never saw an uncontested onside kick before. Shouldnt the front row always be looking fo rit? Ive seen surprised onside kciks before but there is always someone form both teams fighting for it.

I think the closest cardinals players was five yards away.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The first row of players is not supposed to release until they see the ball go over their heads. The Cards have been cheating on this for weeks. Green Bay saw it on film and exploited it.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Yeah this was bizarre - and it was at a point in the game where it was just simply unbelievable they weren't expecting it.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I never saw an uncontested onside kick before. Shouldnt the front row always be looking fo rit? Ive seen surprised onside kciks before but there is always someone form both teams fighting for it.

I have never seen an onside kick so uncontested. I did not even see a Cardinal player in the frame. How does that happen? I thought we always had players located on the 10 yd point from where the kick was made. Obviously the Packers saw it. How far back were the nearest players? Clearly Whiz will make adjustments for that no no. That was easy as it gets.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did Fitz call that timeout with 14 seconds left?

I kept thinking, why would you call it with 14 seconds, makes absolutely 0 sense.

Yes, he tried to take it back and the ref would not let him.

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score

The only one I can think of that comes close was Rams-Jets in 2001. The Jets were getting great kickoff returns, Mike Martz yelled at special teams coach Bobby April about it, and April said they were getting the good returns because the Jets were already running downfield before the ball was actually kicked. Martz asked what they could do to combat it, April said a surprise onside kick, and that's what they did. Worked beautifully.

The Cardinals were doing the exact same thing. They all had their backs turned when the kicker's foot hit the ball.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard