The Official US Soccer thread

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I tried to spin up the recording, but it's literally unwatchable. A Spanish language broadcast (seriously, we're that much of a soccer joke our games can't even broadcast in English in our own country?) combined with a "who the eff are these players?" lineup just made it a total crapshow of a broadcast. I would have loved to watch an English language broadcast to learn more about these kids, but as is? Impossible.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I tried to spin up the recording, but it's literally unwatchable. A Spanish language broadcast (seriously, we're that much of a soccer joke our games can't even broadcast in English in our own country?) combined with a "who the eff are these players?" lineup just made it a total crapshow of a broadcast. I would have loved to watch an English language broadcast to learn more about these kids, but as is? Impossible.

It was broadcast in English on HBO Max if you have that...they now have an exclusive contract with both the men and women national teams.

It was a tough watch for sure. I liked what I saw from Cade Cowell, flashes from Vasquez and Zendejas and some nice work from Gomez and Williamson at times...overall they looked like a bunch of inexperienced kids who hadn't played together before.

Stout

Reaction score
It was broadcast in English on HBO Max if you have that...they now have an exclusive contract with both the men and women national teams.

It was a tough watch for sure. I liked what I saw from Cade Cowell, flashes from Vasquez and Zendejas and some nice work from Gomez and Williamson at times...overall they looked like a bunch of inexperienced kids who hadn't played together before.
Oh yeah, I heard about that. They'd better be able to play replays, then.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
With his sacking at Leeds, U.S. Soccer needs to be going after him as USMNT coach.
It’s an obvious choice. And I would back it 100%. You could see this coming at leeds with the bi-polar results but that’s life in the mid to low table of the PL.

Interesting to know if mckennie joining would still happen today…probably yes to play along side his mates, but it appeared that west ham and even Spurs to some degree wanted him. If leeds want to go full merica they should pry pulisic away from chelski

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You cannot comprehend how happy I am that Marsch is gone. Seems like a lovely guy but utterly clueless. An utter inability to react to anything during a game. His obsession with narrow play was absurd too.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
You cannot comprehend how happy I am that Marsch is gone. Seems like a lovely guy but utterly clueless. An utter inability to react to anything during a game. His obsession with narrow play was absurd too.

I have seen this all over the place and I’ve read numerous articles about his lack of tactical acumen. Not sure he is the answer for the USMNT, sounds like a barely improved version of Berhalter.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I think you can put people with better tactical acumen at leeds or us soccer and you will still likely get the same results in the end. With that said I would rather have marsch than berhalter. Berhalter showed himself in the end with how he handled Reyna.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think you can put people with better tactical acumen at leeds or us soccer and you will still likely get the same results in the end. With that said I would rather have marsch than berhalter. Berhalter showed himself in the end with how he handled Reyna.
I mean, having a team stacked with talented wide players and forcing them to play narrow isn't a great start. The fact that one of your players has had to do a post match interview basically criticising your tactics because of the inability to adapt was the final nail in his coffin. He didn't improve one player as manager. That's telling.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I mean, having a team stacked with talented wide players and forcing them to play narrow isn't a great start. The fact that one of your players has had to do a post match interview basically criticising your tactics because of the inability to adapt was the final nail in his coffin. He didn't improve one player as manager. That's telling.
I didn’t see that quote. Do you know where I can find the interview? I only saw the score from the Forrest match and I knew that marsch was trapped under ice. The last leeds match I saw was before the WC holiday at Tottenham. I thought that was an exciting match.

I can’t say marsch doesn’t deserve his fate, he did not improve his squad as you pointed out. Im not a leeds expert, but the little that I do know of them has me believe that Leeds have mid table capability from a financial standpoint. looking at Leicester, Newcastle, and even Wolves (going back some years with these 3). they are looking at those successes and are wanting more. In fact with so many of the top 6 clubs struggling at the moment, it is time for some of these other PL clubs to make something of it. Yet many of the mid table teams and lower have either sacked or lost multiple managers to poaching so that’s a very unstable place to be for a manager or club right now.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
US Nations League Roster

GOALKEEPERS (3): Ethan Horvath (Luton Town/ENG; 8/0), Zack Steffen (Middlesbrough/ENG; 29/0), Matt Turner (Arsenal/ENG; 24/0)

DEFENDERS (8): Sergiño Dest (AC Milan/ITA; 23/2), Mark McKenzie (Genk/BEL; 10/0), Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 50/1), Bryan Reynolds (Westerlo/BEL; 2/0), Antonee Robinson (Fulham; 33/2), Miles Robinson (Atlanta United; 20/3), Joe Scally (Borussia Mönchengladbach/GER; 3/0), Auston Trusty (Birmingham City/ENG; 0/0)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United/ENG; 28/6), Johnny Cardoso (Internacional/BRA; 4/0), Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo/ESP; 12/0), Weston McKennie (Leeds United/ENG; 41/9), Yunus Musah (Valencia/ESP; 23/0), Alan Soñora (Juárez/MEX; 2/0)

FORWARDS (7): Taylor Booth (Utrecht/NED; 0/0), Daryl Dike (West Bromwich Albion/ENG; 8/3), Ricardo Pepi (Groningen/NED; 12/3), Christian Pulisic (Chelsea/ENG; 56/22), Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund/GER; 16/4), Tim Weah (Lille/FRA; 29/4), Alex Zendejas (Club América/MEX; 1/0)

WHAT IS THE NATIONS LEAGUE?

Created to maximize the quality, quantity and frequency of competitive matches for all of Concacaf’s 41 Member Associations, the 2022/23 CNL Group Stage will continue to be played in a three League format (A, B, C), with home and away round robin play on the FIFA Match Windows of June 2022 (double window) and March 2023. The Group Stage will be followed by the Concacaf Nations League Finals in June 2023 and will consist of semifinals, a third-place match, and final.

2022-23 Concacaf Nations League A Draw
Group AGroup BGroup CGroup D
MexicoCosta RicaCanadaUSA
JamaicaPanamaHondurasEl Salvador
SurinameMartiniqueCuraçaoGrenada

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I don't think anyone should have any issues with that roster. All European based players except Miles Robinson. No aging guys except Tim Ream, but hard to drop him with how well he has been playing.
Absolutely agree about ream. Excited for Dike. He has done great at west brom. He is the central striker that I’ve wanted to see featured alongside the top USA players. I didn’t realize until today that Tyler adams is injured.

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
We just got our tickets to USA vs Mexico in Glendale in April!

I went to US Mexico WCQ in Columbus, one of the Dos a Cero matches (Bradley scored twice Marquez was red carded), it was awesome. I was in the supporters section and had a blast, I hope you get to be surrounded by US fans because otherwise it could be miserable.

Stout

Reaction score
Balanced? You put this game in Glendale for only one reason--to fill the stadium. And the USSF knows exactly who will be filling out the stadium. The USSF should be ashamed. They shouldn't put a game within 500 miles of the border. Stupid waste of home field advantage smh

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Balanced? You put this game in Glendale for only one reason--to fill the stadium. And the USSF knows exactly who will be filling out the stadium. The USSF should be ashamed. They shouldn't put a game within 500 miles of the border. Stupid waste of home field advantage smh
It's hard to disagree with this. However, Mexico finds a way to get lots of fans in the stadium, even in places like Columbus and Foxboro.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score

Heh, to be clear I was talking about the immediate area around my seats

Fully expect the stadium to be majority Mexico and if this was a game of consequence, I would be annoyed either site selection

For this though? Should be a fun time and glad we get the opportunity to be there

Stout

Reaction score
Heh, to be clear I was talking about the immediate area around my seats

Fully expect the stadium to be majority Mexico and if this was a game of consequence, I would be annoyed either site selection

For this though? Should be a fun time and glad we get the opportunity to be there
True, it isn't a game of consequence. It doesn't really matter. Still, it looks bad. But we're not talking about a good organization, so I'm sure that doesn't matter to them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose