The Official US Soccer thread

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
It’s nice to see the US dominate a team they are supposed to dominate. A couple of problems in the back but it is a young defense and none of those guys are currently first choice.

Pulisic is clearly the best player on the field.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Really good win and it sounds like we thumped them good. That's encouraging. What's discouraging is how much of a joke the USSF is. How long has it been since the WC? Are they even trying to hire a new coach? JFC.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It’s nice to see the US dominate a team they are supposed to dominate. A couple of problems in the back but it is a young defense and none of those guys are currently first choice.

Pulisic is clearly the best player on the field.
It really was a great showing. they were on the front foot with menacing attacks for the entire match. They also had great success every time that they had a set piece. I know that the opponent has to be considered, but there should be more of this in CONCACAF and yet it seldom happened in the past 8 years.

Pulisic really delivered the ball well on set pieces and in the run of play. his best delivery was on a direct ball that Pepi should have volleyed home, but Pepi put directly on the GK. McKennie was in better form than I've seen him in a long time. Pulisic was confident and looked really good on the ball making plays everywhere. I hope he continues to build on that. Another one that impressed me was DeLaTorre. His ball delivery is decisive and almost always going forward into tight spaces, almost like a 180 from the days of Beckerman. I hope DelaTorre can push Musah/Adams/McKennie for playing time and end Acosta's NT career. Pepi looked good, I still think Dike might have a higher ceiling, and Zendejas is a nice addition. Hopefully Reyna is on his path to redemption. He and aaronson were ok. of corse aaronson had a nice goal.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Pepi scored 2 minutes after coming on as a sub and the US wins 1-0. They definitely weren't sharp, something seemed "off", Reyna was not much of a factor and Pulisic was a lot more sloppy than he usually is.

I'd like to see Pepi and Dike on the field at the same time and see if they can play off each other.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I think most expected that. It will be B side versus B side, still playing against your rival always gives us some entertainment IMO.
Yes, this was always going to be the case with it being a friendly outside of the intentional window.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Bad news with Dike with the achilles injury - just snakebit - was really intrigued by him as player, but hasn't been able to stay healthy and take off

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'll be there. As it's likely a bunch of MLS'ers, I'll probably leave at halftime.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA