The Official Surprise Fightin' Falcons thread

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might as well start up a thread for the other Arizona-based Golden Baseball League team. I know some people (including HB3) live in the area, and a friend of ours just took on a job for the team.

Go GBL !!

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I just bought 3 tickets for Monday's Suprise vs San Diego Game.

Rickey Henderson bobblehead night! Woo Hoo!

Plus they will have a firework show after the game.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's awesome, man. Have fun. It's a blast.

The manager, Ozzie Virgil, Jr., is really nice. Chatted with us, gave us his autograph on a foul ball, etc. He's usually the first base coach for games as well.

:thumbup:

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i want to make it up to one of those games ... maybe convince the misses to make a run in early august for a 2 for 1 ticket after we get back from the wedding/honeymoon

this seems right up my alley and would hopefully get her even more into live baseball

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Just got back. Fun time. The kid got a foul ball and a bunch of the players autographed it and one of them gave him a batting glove.

Plus I saw CQ there. :thumbup:

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Glad you had fun, it's a great league. :thumbup:

Yeah, CQ got to meet me in totally sober family guy mode. Far cry from the first time I met her, when I was in totally wasted psycho Cardinal fan mode. :D

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys and gals - just wanted to post this in time for anyone to plan for it if it sounds like a worthwhile trip to you.

BIM and Mrs. BIM are hoping to be there. Miners vs. Surprise with ESPN in the house! :thumbup:

According to the Miners schedule, the first game starts at 6:05. 2 7-inning games with a brief break in between.

Great baseball, plenty of contests, giveaways, and foul balls.

:fans:

SportsCenter coming to Fightin’ Falcons game

SURPRISE, Ariz. – The most successful sports highlight show of all time is coming to Surprise.

ESPN’s “SportsCenter,” the signature show on the all-sports network, will broadcast live during the Fightin’ Falcons’ Aug. 11 doubleheader against the Mesa Miners. Surprise will mark the Arizona stop as part of the network’s “50 States in 50 Days” series.

The network came to Surprise Stadium in early July in preparation for the Aug. 11 game, interviewing Falcons manager Ozzie Virgil, hitting coach Pete LaCock and INF/OF Desi Wilson. The clips will air in the days leading up to the August visit.

For more information on ESPN’s “50 States in 50 Days” series, visit ESPN.com.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hartmann handcuffs Samurai Bears

SURPRISE, Ariz. (July 25, 2005) – Pete Hartmann pitched the Surprise Fightin’ Falcons to their second straight win Monday night, 5-1 over the Japan Samurai Bears.

Hartmann, the Falcons’ pitching coach, scattered five hits and allowed only one run in improving to 5-4 on the season. It was Hartmann’s second complete game of the season and he added five strikeouts to his Golden Baseball League-leading total.

SS Mike Collins had a big game with the bat, going 2 for 4, including a three-run double in the second inning that provided the final margin in the game. And OF Desi Wilson and 3B Jay Yaconetti, who are first and fifth, respectively, among GBL leaders in batting average, each picked up a pair of hits.

Japan pitcher Takaaki Igarashi was tagged with his seventh loss in eight decisions after giving up five runs in five innings.

Before the game, the Falcons signed 6-foot-7 pitcher Brian Bunyan. To make room, the team released Cardoza Tucker Jr.

The two teams will play again at 7:05 p.m. Tuesday night. RHP Paul Buchan (3-4, 3.62) is the scheduled starter for the Falcons. Tickets are available at 623-537-5784 or at www.surprisefightinfalcons.com.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The falcons called me and left a message this morning.

Anyone know why they would do that?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
KingofCards said:

Maybe they are trying to bribe you from coming to any more games :confused:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KingofCards said:

When you went to the game(s) - did you sign up for anything? Most people put their names in for the on-field in-between inning events or other contests, giving your contact info to the club. They use that months later to try and interest you in coming back.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
When you went to the game(s) - did you sign up for anything? Most people put their names in for the on-field in-between inning events or other contests, giving your contact info to the club. They use that months later to try and interest you in coming back.

Yeah, I signed up in some drawing.

Isn't their season over? I figured it was something like that, or maybe a survey about my experience. I returned the call and haven't heard back.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
Isn't their season over?

They're working on the 2006 season already. Season ticket packages, partial season tix, etc. Deposits for said tix at least.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard