The Official Mesa Miners thread

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
I just heard BIM's commercial. Bud Light saluting Mr. Overzealousfoulballcatcher.!! Congrats BIM!!

(The management only would ask that you stop bowling over kids and elderly women for the foul balls.)

Second on the list:

http://budlight.whipnet.com/

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
I just heard BIM's commercial. Bud Light saluting Mr. Overzealousfoulballcatcher.!! Congrats BIM!!

(The management only would ask that you stop bowling over kids and elderly women for the foul balls.)

:biglaugh:

Speaking of commercials, the Miners had a 4th of July commercial during the ASU/Nebraska baseball game. :thumbup:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woohoo!!

Wife and I both won tickets on "The Opening Drive" with Mike Haley and Double-D.

:cool:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All alone in first place !!

Mesa 16 9
Yuma 15 11
Surprise 12 15
Samurai 6 18

:fans:

Go Miners !!!

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I am going to check out Surprise play against Yuma next week.

I hope this league makes it.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
I am going to check out Surprise play against Yuma next week.

I hope this league makes it.

It's a blast, Tim. You'll get hooked on it!

:jedi:

BIM

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listened to most of tonight's game on the web.

Miners beat Yuma 16-5. Our friend's son, Goody (Mark Goodman), got to pitch in the 9th. He faced 4 batters - first lined out, second got a single, third grounded out - advancing the runner, and the third lined out. Who knew he was a closer? (Usually he pitches relief :D )

Caleb Maher was a triple shy of hitting for the cycle. He had back to back homers late in the game and then finished off the night with an RBI single. I think he'll be called up before long.

Go Miners !!!

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Go Miners! This appeared in the Trib. We also got lifetime plumbing service from ABC Plumbing and some Mesa Miners gear including an autographed ball. Miners rule. They are up 7-5 right now over Yuma. Big thanks to Brian in Mesa. I wouldnt have known about this without his post. I'll see ya at the next homestand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yuma just came back, tied it up, and then won it with a walk-off 2 run homer. :bang:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
azsouthendzone said:
Go Miners! This appeared in the Trib. We also got lifetime plumbing service from ABC Plumbing and some Mesa Miners gear including an autographed ball. Miners rule. They are up 7-5 right now over Yuma. Big thanks to Brian in Mesa. I wouldnt have known about this without his post. I'll see ya at the next homestand.

Man, I'm so happy for you and your dad.

Too cool.

I'm just glad I could play a part in it all. You still wrote the winning essay - major props to you for that. It was really touching to hear how you and your dad shared the day with your grandpa also.

See you at Hohokam.

Go Miners !!!

BIM

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couple of solid wins against the Bears.

Gotta love the new sponsor - QT (QuikTrip). Free Freezoni or Smoothie coupon with each Miners' win.

Game 3 tonight (Wednesday).

Go Miners !!

BIM

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mesa Miners: Weekly Promotions

Friday Nights - All hot dogs $1 - all kids 14 and under get in free with the purchase of an adult ticket

Saturday Nights - Family Night - Get 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, and 4 cokes for only $24

Sunday Nights - Kids get to run the bases after the game

Mesa Miners: Upcoming Special Promotions

Monday, July 4th - $4 off admission with a can of food, free flag, and a postgame fireworks show

Friday, July 8th - Rickey Henderson Bobblehead Night and Dawg Days of Summer (bring your dog to the park)

Saturday, July 9th - Postgame fireworks show and Scout Night

Friday, July 15th - Wild West Night

Saturday, July 16th - Postgame fireworks and Christmas in July celebration

Sunday, July 17th - Celebrate your faith at the ballpark with Faith Night

Tuesday, July 19th - Day game - noon start time

Friday, July 22nd - 80's Night

Saturday, July 23rd - Postgame fireworks

Friday, August 5th - Aloha Night

Saturday, August 6th - 70's Night (Disco) and help in the fight against breast cancer

Sunday, August 7th - 50's Night

Friday, August 19th - Back to School Night

Saturday, August 20th - Fan Appreciation Night and postgame fireworks

Any questions, please contact the Miners at:

480-39-MINER or [email protected]

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Front page of the AZ Republic Sports Section this AM:

Far-flung league trying to catch Valley's eye

On a hot night at Surprise Stadium last week, Rickey Henderson took his lead off first base and broke toward second, his 46-year-old legs still plenty spry to record yet another stolen base.

The Golden Baseball League completed its first month last weekend, and the product on the field - with Henderson as the main attraction - doesn't seem to be a problem.

The only concern is the number of people in the stands.

The GBL's poorest performing teams at the gate are the two Valley franchises, Mesa and Surprise. But officials say leaguewide attendance is fine, and they're optimistic about the crowds improving here.

"You've got to gain the awareness in a market like Phoenix, which can be more difficult than in a market like Yuma or Chico," GBL Commissioner Kevin Outcalt said. "But being out over 1,000 (fans) a game in both of the Phoenix cities already with school just letting out is a pretty good start."

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diamondbacks/articles/0630goldenbase0630.html

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the attendance will improve. I hope it does. I think the marketing has been a little relaxed, and hopefully with the Surprise shake up it will improve. At least they recognize that its an issue.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Thank god the Yuma Scorpions are keeping the attendance up for the league! :thumbup:

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
azsouthendzone said:
I think the attendance will improve. I hope it does. I think the marketing has been a little relaxed, and hopefully with the Surprise shake up it will improve. At least they recognize that its an issue.

Front page story in the AZ Republic won't hurt!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Golden Baseball League Sells Contract of Chris Marini to Texas Rangers
Mesa Miner’s Pitcher Acquired Today and Will Report to California League

June 30, 2005

The Golden Baseball League announced today that Mesa Miner pitcher Chris Marini has been acquired from the league by the Texas Rangers.

“Chris is really a complete pitcher and has been the ace of our staff since the season started,” said Les Lancaster, Mesa Manager and former Chicago Cub All-star pitcher. “He has total command of three pitches that he can mix and throw at anytime in the count for strikes, and he’s a lefty as well. This kid is going to have a lot of success in the Rangers’ organization and I’m looking forward to a couple of free tickets to see him throw in The Ballpark in Arlington one of these days.”

Chris Marini

Marini, 22, is a 6’1”, 190-pound left-handed pitcher out of the University of Arizona and Glendale Community College in the Phoenix, Arizona area. He was a 10th-round draft pick of the Minnesota Twins in 2003. He played two years in the Appalachian League for the Twins’ rookie-league farm team in Elizabethton, Tennessee. Despite going a 7-3 with a 3.02 E.R.A. in two seasons, he was released this past spring. Les Lancaster contacted Chris and brought him to GBL spring training in May. Marini quickly became the ace of the Miners' staff. In seven starts he went 4-0 with a 2.74 E.R.A. He struck out 36 and walked only 14. In addition, he took full advantage of his at-bats in the DH-free GBL, going seven for 16 with two doubles and a stolen base. The Phoenix area native originally went to the University of Arizona as an outfielder before transferring to Glendale CC to focus on pitching full-time. He will report to the Bakersfield affiliate of the Texas Rangers in the High-A California League.

“Chris continues the exodus of talented players out of the GBL as he is the 10th alumni of the league to go to a major league organization,” said Kevin Outcalt, Commissioner of the GBL, “We are very pleased that our players are receiving these opportunities and that the GBL is being increasingly recognized as a talent pool for MLB teams.”

:fans:

Congrats, Chris !!!

Go Miners !!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We completed the sweep of the Samurai Bears and are currently up on San Diego 4-3 in the 8th. :thumbup:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort