The Official 2012 NBA Finals Thread: MIA vs. OKC

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Perkins can be a ******* sometimes. Stupid foul on the screen.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Thunders roster is best equipped to deal with the Western teams like Lakers and Spurs with great big men, but their no-offense C/PF pairing becomes a huge liability. They couldn't stop LBJ, which allows so much space for their 3-pt shooters. It doesn't look good for them.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the talking heads are telling you how great a Finals has been - you know they are embellishing. If it is so great...there is no need to sell it so hard.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2. :jedi:

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Thunder need to get a new coach and just work on their basic fundamentals in the offseason. Their offense is just hilariously awful when limited in transition.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought the bogus flagrant foul on Derek Fisher when Lebron lowered his shoulder on him was a major turning point. OKC was struggling, but still hanging around. After that call the game was blown wide open. Heat went on an 11-0 run after the flagrant call and it was over. http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=320621014&period=3

I find it amazing that the NBA allows such incredibly physical play to the detriment of OKC's game. And yet Lebron gets the ticky tack falls in his favor all night long and a flagrant in his favor when someone tries to stand his ground against him. Just amazing, but of course this is the BSNBA as us Suns fans are well aware.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Durrant getting in foul trouble early in the series and Harden never really getting untracked caused the Thunder to lose confidence.

Anyway I'm so glad the series is over. I'm looking forward to the draft and free agency.

Also I will continue to maintain the 2-2-1-1-1 format is the most fair. Anyway it would have allowed the Thunder to play before their home crowd again. The team with home court advantage only played two games on their court.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Durrant getting in foul trouble early in the series and Harden never really getting untracked caused the Thunder to lose confidence.

Anyway I'm so glad the series is over. I'm looking forward to the draft and free agency.

Also I will continue to maintain the 2-2-1-1-1 format is the most fair. Anyway it would have allowed the Thunder to play before their home crowd again. The team with home court advantage only played two games on their court.

Totally agree. They never should have changed the format.

The team that earns home court advantage should play 3 of 5 at home.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2. :jedi:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Good call, it's pretty noticeable and throwing Durant off of his game. Not sure whether it's a combination of that and inexperience in the finals, but he just hasn't been himself.

I'd disagree with you regarding whether or not there is anything wrong with it. As a Laker fan, cheap tactics like that may be impressive, but as a neutral fan of the series, I find that crap to be shameful.

Having a scrub like Battier take away from one of the best offense weapons in the game by tripping him up, shoving him and pushing him is pretty pathetic, and reminds me of similar tactics pulled by many Lakers and Spurs throughout the years.
And the Lakers, Spurs, and Heat win titles. The most physical teams win in the playoffs.

I don't feel bad for Durant. If he spends more time in the gym he doesn't get pushed around as much. Really that simple. A 23 year old kid shouldn't be getting pushed around by old ass Battier. Sefolosha, Perk, and Fisher were doing as much pushing and shoving out there as Battier. Difference is Wade and LeBron physically vs Durant (and Harden who also needs some time in the weight room).

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Flagrant my ass

Disagree. Fisher made no effort to get to the ball and carried out excessive force to derail Lebron from driving to the hoop.

Textbook Flagrant 1 foul.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Disagree. Fisher made no effort to get to the ball and carried out excessive force to derail Lebron from driving to the hoop.

Textbook Flagrant 1 foul.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree, but that would've been called a charge on James if Fisher was still on the Lakers.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Just witnissed one of the greatest individual performance of all time by Lebron James through regular season and playoffs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This season was an incredibly impressive performance by LeBron who is finally the King of the NBA. Most hyped player EVER coming out high school has just gotten his first ring and i'm pretty it ain't gonna be his last. He's now got the confidence of a champion and i think that spell doom for the rest of the league. Especially because you know players are gonna keep trying to gravy-train on the LeBron express.

he's got a loooooooooooooooooong way to go to truly be considered one of the greats but he just won his first title the year before Jordan won his. My guess? He never matches Michael's 6, but probably ends up with at least 4, to go along with some crazy number like 6 MVPs.

The guy is just an absolute monster in every way shape or form. Best defensive player in the game and best overall offensive player in the game. If he ever really develops a true low post game like Michael/Kobe did, he'll be completely unstoppable.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This season was an incredibly impressive performance by LeBron who is finally the King of the NBA. Most hyped player EVER coming out high school has just gotten his first ring and i'm pretty it ain't gonna be his last. He's now got the confidence of a champion and i think that spell doom for the rest of the league. Especially because you know players are gonna keep trying to gravy-train on the LeBron express.

he's got a loooooooooooooooooong way to go to truly be considered one of the greats but he just won his first title the year before Jordan won his. My guess? He never matches Michael's 6, but probably ends up with at least 4, to go along with some crazy number like 6 MVPs.

The guy is just an absolute monster in every way shape or form. Best defensive player in the game and best overall offensive player in the game. If he ever really develops a true low post game like Michael/Kobe did, he'll be completely unstoppable.

I think Wade's body is going to break down in the next few years and the new CBA will make it difficult to get significant talent. The scary thing is that James, Bosh and half of Wade is still good enough to rail off a few championships.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It seems that Miami simply outplayed an overmatched Thunder team. Lebron deserves the lion's share of the credit, but the real reason he Heat won in five games was their role players. Battier, Miller, and Chalmers were virtually non-existent in the first three rounds. If that simply held true for the Finals, this series would have played out much different. Battier in particular was lethal with his three point shooting after shooting at a miserable clip all year. Even though I hate the charges he draws as I think it is a detriment to the game; they were killer. Every time an OKC player drove to the lane, Battier was there to slide in front (underneath) of him to draw the charge. That and Harden disappeared. Miami's bench and Harden disappearing was the series.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard