The Official 2012 NBA Finals Thread: MIA vs. OKC

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
I'm surprised none of the resident b-ball junkies had created this thread yet.

Who do you like in this series?

I'm going for OKC all the way.

Discuss the series here....

OP
OP
Divide Et Impera

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Questions about this series:

Is this the first ever Finals series where both team names do not have an 's' in the name?

Is Seattle pissed/on heightened suicide watch right now?

There are some storylines in this series:

The organic team (OKC) versus the synthetic team (MIA) - think Rocky IV.

Heartland versus Big City.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a friend from Seattle who was a big time Sonics fan. And he in no way shape or form is pulling for OKC.

As for me, go Thunder!

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Rooting for Thunder. But I think the Heat will win it in 6.

The Thunder are a very fun team to watch. The Heat are fun from the perspective of seeing how good Lebron is. The game 6 & 7 versus the Celtics was just an awesome spectacle of the guy.

Can't wait to see how Durant will respond to being guarded by Lebron.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Rooting for Thunder. But I think the Heat will win it in 6.

The Thunder are a very fun team to watch. The Heat are fun from the perspective of seeing how good Lebron is. The game 6 & 7 versus the Celtics was just an awesome spectacle of the guy.

Can't wait to see how Durant will respond to being guarded by Lebron.

I think Battier will get that assignment. The Heat doesn't want their best offensive player expelling too much energy guarding Durant or Westbrook, unless the game is close in the 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
im going bold here and saying OKC in 5.

here's my take, sefolosha(sp) is ready. he's done a great job so far guarding the likes of kobe, disrupting the "machine like" execution of the spurs, and so on. He's been more consistant than battier has been imo. Edge thunder
Then there's Bosh, the heat need him bad because they have no other bigs who can defend the rim when the thunder get penetration. I think bosh will be kept in check on the offensive end due to perkins physicallity and ibaka's athleticism. Edge, thunder.
We saw how quick the rotations can be from the Thunder all playoffs long, and how inconsistent the heat's defense is. Edge goes to thunder for playing good team D.
The superstars: Durant and lebron. edge Durant. simple enough, we've seen him produce more consistently, closing games, making big f/t's, nevery shying away from a 4th qtr.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I think OKC will win this in 6 games. LBJ will win one for the Heath by himself, and the refs ill win another game, but when it's all said and done, the OKC is just a better team.

In my opinion, KD is at least every bit as good as LBJ. Bosh is not quite himself, and Ibaka/ Perkins combo will make everything difficult for him. Westbrook and Harden should be able to destroy Chalmers and Wade.

Fisher, Collison, Sefalosha, and even Cook can step up once in a while.

In theory, Miami has players that can step up once in a while, but overall, OKC is just a better team with more scoring options.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Pretty bad matchup for my rooting interest. Hard to cheer for a young team that should be in Seattle, and impossible to cheer for "not 5, not, 6, not 7..."

I guess it'll be OKC, but makes me sad. If it could happen to Seattle it could happen just about anyone.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OKC in 6, and I think they will have a few blowouts in their favor. LeBron will have to cover durant and no one else on the Heat will be able to slow down Westbrook. Wade is going to get chewed up by the perimeter defenders for OKC. Bron Bron will carry Miami to 2 wins with monster games but OKC has too much talent and Miami is too banged up and worn out.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Chris bosh keeps feeling better this is going to be a great series. I mean the only thing that would surprise me would be Miami winning in 5-6 games with some blowouts. OKC should win. They are a better team from top to bottom and everybody is completely healthy. If players like Chalmers, Miller, Battier, and Haslem don't step up and play better than they have so far in the playoffs I don't see how Miami can win.

Oklahoma City in 6.

Joe

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want OKC to win but my one concern with them is they get too jumpshot happy and they will turn it over. Turnovers against Miami lead to dunks(against OKC too) and OKC tends to into lulls because they shoot so many jumpers.

Interesting matchups, I think I'd probably put Thabo on LeBron and Westbrook on Wade at times to see what the Heat do with that but my guess is it'll be Thabo on Wade.

Westbrook on Chalmers is interesting, RW has to be careful he tends to drift going for steals and Chalmers makes a bunch of 3's when people do that against him.

OP
OP
Divide Et Impera

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
I want OKC to win but my one concern with them is they get too jumpshot happy and they will turn it over. Turnovers against Miami lead to dunks(against OKC too) and OKC tends to into lulls because they shoot so many jumpers.

Interesting matchups, I think I'd probably put Thabo on LeBron and Westbrook on Wade at times to see what the Heat do with that but my guess is it'll be Thabo on Wade.

Westbrook on Chalmers is interesting, RW has to be careful he tends to drift going for steals and Chalmers makes a bunch of 3's when people do that against him.

Just as an aside, I'm going to listen to everything you have to say about basketball - particularly when it involves UCLA players as this conversation does. I'll never forget the amount of pimping of Kevin Love during his draft year and you were largely a lone voice. I look forward to this series going EXACTLY as you stated here....

:D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think this sucker goes 7 and is the beginning of exactly what the NBA needs... a monster rivalry with it's two best players for the next 5 years.

and I think LeBron finally gets his ring.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just as an aside, I'm going to listen to everything you have to say about basketball - particularly when it involves UCLA players as this conversation does. I'll never forget the amount of pimping of Kevin Love during his draft year and you were largely a lone voice. I look forward to this series going EXACTLY as you stated here....

:D

Really? I don't recall being all that high on Kevin, I liked him as a college player but he was so much heavier in college I didn't think he could be nearly as good as he actually is. I knew he could rebound but the player he is now and the player he was at UCLA are totally different. He was a low block scorer in college who could make a college 3, I had no idea he'd be so good away from the basket in the NBA.

Worked really hard to remake his body.

I do recall thinking they got a steal in that trade but largely because I didn't like Mayo.

Collison surprised me too thought he was too small to be able to start in the NBA.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think this sucker goes 7 and is the beginning of exactly what the NBA needs... a monster rivalry with it's two best players for the next 5 years.

and I think LeBron finally gets his ring.

Maybe.

However, I'm going with OKC and their endless wave of talent.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The Thunder did well to get it to a manageable deficit by halftime, but Westbrook has to start hitting jumpers and the whole team has to take better care of the ball. Ibaka was huge for them.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Thunder making a run to start the 2nd half. LeBron's settling for jumpers. And someone needs to tell Sefolosha that a layup is just as good as a dunk. Refs have bailed him twice on 2 bad missed dunks.

EDIT: Of course right after I say that LeBron goes to the basket on back to back possessions.

Last edited:

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Thunder take their first lead at the end of the 3rd. 74-73. Westbrook turning it on the last few minutes. Durant is going to have to get more involved in the 4th if they're going to win.