What are yours?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knockout match ups and my picks

What are yours?

I'll take your picks, but I'll take Chelsea and Inter Milan. Very torn on the AC Milan/Aresnal game.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll take your picks, but I'll take Chelsea and Inter Milan. Very torn on the AC Milan/Aresnal game.

I'm on the Napoli bandwagon, Edinson Cavani is the best striker in the world and that offense is just too fun to watch. They beat City, they can hang with Chelsea.

Inter is playing horrible. I think they're like 7th in the Calcio...I want them to do well, but I don't see it happening.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Lyon v APOEL

Napoli v Chelsea

AC Milan v Arsenal

FC Basel v Bayern Munich

Bayer Leverkusen v FC Barcelona

CSKA Moscow v Real Madrid

Zenit St. Petersburg v Benfica

Marseille v Inter Milan

RM better win big at home because they will struggle in Russia. Bayern and Barca should advance easily.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This should be a fun 2 days. Pregame just started.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chelsea came back after being down 3-1 in the first leg. Crazy.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
When do they announce the next round matchups?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barca bounced Chelsea of all teams and Torres scoring the golden goal? Unreal.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Wow, neither Spanish team makes the final. Crazy.

Whoever finishes in 4th in the EPL needs to root for Munich because if Chelsea win, they'll take that 4th CL spot next season.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The final is in Munich, should be EPIC.

Don't think so. I think Bayern is going to wipe the field with Chelsea. I don't see how an undermanned side that probably doesn't deserve to be in the final can beat Bayern in Munich.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Bayern is undermanned a bit as well, they can compensate in midfield but not really on defense.

I was referring to the atmosphere though, which will be epic. I am sure the Bayern supporters will come up with a special choreography like here:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't think so. I think Bayern is going to wipe the field with Chelsea. I don't see how an undermanned side that probably doesn't deserve to be in the final can beat Bayern in Munich.

Agreed. Plus Chelsea is without 3 starters from suspension I believe.

I need to call Shane and tell him to put some money on Bayern for me.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, neither Spanish team makes the final. Crazy.

Whoever finishes in 4th in the EPL needs to root for Munich because if Chelsea win, they'll take that 4th CL spot next season.

Interesting. I thought the champion of the league won an automatic bid that didn't factor in the rest of the teams in that home league, meaning that the EPL could have 5 teams represent.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Interesting. I thought the champion of the league won an automatic bid that didn't factor in the rest of the teams in that home league, meaning that the EPL could have 5 teams represent.

Nope. The EPL is guaranteed 4 spots exactly. If Chelsea win the CL and finish top 4, it wouldn't matter. It happens with the Europa League spots too. Had Everton or Sunderpuke gone to the FA Cup final, it would have erased one spot for the teams higher on the table, since they aren't going to finish in a Europa League spot (at least, I don't think Everton can reach one at this point).

I don't mind the system of a lower-ranked team knocking a higher-ranked team out, per se, but the process is sooooo labyrinthine, and there are soooo many competitions, that it is just too confusing. Not only do fans get confused as to whether or not their teams will qualify for something, but the teams have to ask the different officials as well. Newcastle officially has asked UEFA questions on this topic. Now, that's just ridiculous, that a team can't even figure out the system.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. The EPL is guaranteed 4 spots exactly. If Chelsea win the CL and finish top 4, it wouldn't matter. It happens with the Europa League spots too. Had Everton or Sunderpuke gone to the FA Cup final, it would have erased one spot for the teams higher on the table, since they aren't going to finish in a Europa League spot (at least, I don't think Everton can reach one at this point).

I don't mind the system of a lower-ranked team knocking a higher-ranked team out, per se, but the process is sooooo labyrinthine, and there are soooo many competitions, that it is just too confusing. Not only do fans get confused as to whether or not their teams will qualify for something, but the teams have to ask the different officials as well. Newcastle officially has asked UEFA questions on this topic. Now, that's just ridiculous, that a team can't even figure out the system.

If Chelsea somehow wins, they deserve to be there next year over the 4th place team anyway IMO.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If Chelsea somehow wins, they deserve to be there next year over the 4th place team anyway IMO.

I don't think anyone would argue with that. I just hate the process with all of the different competitions. There should be a formula or a set of guidelines a team can follow to know what spots in the table can or cannot possibly qualify them for what tournament. Clear enough so that the team itself can figure it out. The one that's the stupidest for me is that the English FA has determined that not only do the FA Cup winners get a European spot, but the FA Cup runners up get one as well. Since when does second place in a tournament mean anything?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson