The official 2011-2012 UEFA Champions League Thread

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Final is today, 11am AZ time. Kind of hard to predict because lots of players are suspended on both sides. Have to give the edge to Bayern since they're playing in their own stadium.

Go Bayern!

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Bayern has dominated possession and the chances but it's scoreless at halftime. Reminds me of the Chelsea vs Barcelona.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having difficulty staying awake here. BM has been great... until the ball gets into the box.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Nobody can score and then 2 goals in the last 8 minutes. Both goals go right over the head of the goalie.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Drogba gives away a penalty in extra time and Cech saves it. Crazy finish to this one.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Drogba gives away a penalty in extra time and Cech saves it. Crazy finish to this one.

Chelsea just do not give up. Ever. I don't like Chelsea, and I want them to lose (I'm not sure if a victory for them, which drops Tottenham to the Europa, would drop Newcastle from Europa group stages to just qualifying), but damn! They are resilient!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Spurs get the shaft. That really sucks.
Drogba is now an absolute legend in Chelsea FC History.
Gomez just showed he can't play on the really big stage.
Pulling Muller was a horrible decision.

Wonder if SlinSlin will show his face in this thread. German football just choked a big one away. AT HOME.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Spurs get the shaft. That really sucks.
Drogba is now an absolute legend in Chelsea FC History.
Gomez just showed he can't play on the really big stage.
Pulling Muller was a horrible decision.

Wonder if SlinSlin will show his face in this thread. German football just choked a big one away. AT HOME.

Please.

It all comes down to Arjen Robben missing a penalty and Schweinsteiger hitting the post on his penalty. Big time players like that shouldn't miss in this type of game. Period.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Please.

It all comes down to Arjen Robben missing a penalty and Schweinsteiger hitting the post on his penalty. Big time players like that shouldn't miss in this type of game. Period.

I think it is deeper than that Chap. Those were the most glaring choke jobs. Gomez's gaffe's in the first half, followed by removing Muller were bad also. I hate it when team's change the game plan the minute they get a lead.

IMO, you let them put Torres up top, and you continue to attack with one less midfielder on the pitch. Muller was the best player on the field in the 2nd half.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think it is deeper than that Chap. Those were the most glaring choke jobs. Gomez's gaffe's in the first half, followed by removing Muller were bad also. I hate it when team's change the game plan the minute they get a lead.

IMO, you let them put Torres up top, and you continue to attack with one less midfielder on the pitch. Muller was the best player on the field in the 2nd half.

Muller is frequently the best player on the pitch, period, for Bayern. Why he would be substituted is baffling, I agree. That said, Gomez is still the best striker in Germany, easily.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I agree about Gomez being the best striker in Germany. I just also think that he has shrunk in big situations. Going back to the 2008 Euro's he has had his issues.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I agree about Gomez being the best striker in Germany. I just also think that he has shrunk in big situations. Going back to the 2008 Euro's he has had his issues.

We'll see what happens during Euro 2012. It'll be a huge chance for him. Especially in that group of death Germany is in.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave