The News of the Game - PS Broncos

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
THE GOOD NEWS

Tune-My draft eval seemed spot on, “He plays to win and he’s basically fearless. He can also run. I’m hoping he’s the highlight of preseason.” This guy can play in this league. He showed poise, good field vision and excellent ball placement on most passes. He did overthrow Dortch a couple of times, but Tune’s adrenaline level was likely high.

Hamilton-Should be the number 2 corner. He had good position most of the night and tackled securely. The flag was a accidental foul up.

Williams-He looked effective even when getting little blocking help. He got the most yardage on the majority of his carries.

Clark-He was very active. He got beat a couple of times, but looked like the number 3 CB to me with plenty of upside.

Wilson-I wasn’t a big fan of this selection, though I corrected that based on some colleagues appraisal. They were right. He looked sound.

Whiteheart-Showed good field awareness and looked surprisingly hard to cover.

D-Line-Looked deeper than I expected. I didn’t see any Pro Bowlers, but several players made good plays. Blue collar, but shouldn’t be an embarrassment.

Numerous other players had a moment or two.

I was very impressed with the coaching. The offensive and defensive schemes were both excellent. The closing drive was special. This was a fun way to start the season! This team showed up ready to play and played hard every minute of the game.

THE BAD NEWS

O-Line-This unit did not look deep and the first string struggled to open running lanes.

Chachere-He was one of two guys who didn’t seem to have their head in the game.

Hayes-The other guy who seemed to lack concentration.

Matthew-He seemed slow to respond on plays in front of him.

On the whole a very successful start to the preseason.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I was happy with Tune especially in the second half. I agree the coaching gives me hope we can at least be competitive in games. Looking forward to seeing Tune and the rest of the team in the next two preseason games.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One game and a preseason game at that, but it did look different. It looks like this team has been practicing and actually learning. The sense of urgency tells me they know mistakes will not be taken lightly. I was impressed.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The lack of stupid penalties alone shows how bad the prior coaching staff was! Hoping Kyler with a real NFL staff grows into the flashes we have seen of a star QB! Simply cannot overestimate how important quality NFL coaching and schemes are to young players! KK was an experiment that failed and also likely hurt the development of our QB, wasted years trying to carry KKs incompetence imo.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Harry, glad to have you back. And for a change I agree with most of your assessment. As for the OL, I'll be interested to see if the return of DJ makes a difference. I did read that our center played well. Again, thanks.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Harry. As far as the o-line the thing I liked was that we were persistent attempting to run the ball. It paid off in time of possession and kept the defense honest. It paid off later in the game with some better runs.
I love the fact we did not throw a single Wr screen!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard