The new and improved Kliff Kingsbury

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I hope he sustains what I saw on Sunday minus the stupid offensive penalties on the first drive.

Dan Orlovsky was raving about the new innovations on offense. He said there were three things he'd never seen before in Kliff's offense. :thumbup:

It seems like KK and Kyler have been busy this offseason. That all these new weapons on offense give me great hope :koolaid:

Krangthebrain

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I wouldn't crown him yet. He has a history of starting well, getting figured out and not adjusting.

It was a good start but I'm waiting to see if it continues past mid season.
OR maybe his QB was 1) hurt 2) struggled to complete basic passes 3) had a franchise icon who was an overall detriment to the offense?

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I wouldn't crown him yet. He has a history of starting well, getting figured out and not adjusting.

I'm 'over the moon' about game one and cautiously optimistic going forward. Been a Cardinals fan too long to get the hopes too high based on ONE game.

Krangthebrain

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He has a career habit. Not just last year.
I'm not buying the college record stuff if that's what you are alluding to.

What we saw was a Murray injury then the Patriots starting playing a style of defense that was light in box but clogged up throwing lanes. Murray struggled to beat it. And the running game was a lot of smoke and mirrors because of personnel issues.

It's a pretty simplistic view (or myopic) to put all of this on Kingsbury's play calling and game management only. There were significant roster issues that made running his offense hard and he has a QB, who will good at making wow plays, really struggled to complete meat and potato NFL throws.

I think having Kirk and Rondale in the slot and a credible threat on the outside is really going to make it hard for teams to try and run the defenses they faced last year. Kirk and Rondale both can challenge the seam and run the bubble screens much more effectively.

TJ

Bobby Sarvs
Reaction score
Presnap penalties and wasted timeouts show that he's not off the hotseat yet. He's still a terrible coach until he's not.

QuebecCard

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

No one had effectively figured him out until KM banged up his shoulder.

Before injury 10TDs on the ground, just one after, and the injury evidently affected his throwing.

If KM is healthy past mid-season, we'll be fine. IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilsmann