The new and improved Kliff Kingsbury

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I hope he sustains what I saw on Sunday minus the stupid offensive penalties on the first drive.

Dan Orlovsky was raving about the new innovations on offense. He said there were three things he'd never seen before in Kliff's offense. :thumbup:

It seems like KK and Kyler have been busy this offseason. That all these new weapons on offense give me great hope :koolaid:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't crown him yet. He has a history of starting well, getting figured out and not adjusting.

It was a good start but I'm waiting to see if it continues past mid season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I wouldn't crown him yet. He has a history of starting well, getting figured out and not adjusting.

OR maybe his QB was 1) hurt 2) struggled to complete basic passes 3) had a franchise icon who was an overall detriment to the offense?

OP
OP
Totally_Red

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

I'm 'over the moon' about game one and cautiously optimistic going forward. Been a Cardinals fan too long to get the hopes too high based on ONE game.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is still on the hot seat and deservedly so. It's a long season.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He has a career habit. Not just last year.
I'm not buying the college record stuff if that's what you are alluding to.

What we saw was a Murray injury then the Patriots starting playing a style of defense that was light in box but clogged up throwing lanes. Murray struggled to beat it. And the running game was a lot of smoke and mirrors because of personnel issues.

It's a pretty simplistic view (or myopic) to put all of this on Kingsbury's play calling and game management only. There were significant roster issues that made running his offense hard and he has a QB, who will good at making wow plays, really struggled to complete meat and potato NFL throws.

I think having Kirk and Rondale in the slot and a credible threat on the outside is really going to make it hard for teams to try and run the defenses they faced last year. Kirk and Rondale both can challenge the seam and run the bubble screens much more effectively.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Presnap penalties and wasted timeouts show that he's not off the hotseat yet. He's still a terrible coach until he's not.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

No one had effectively figured him out until KM banged up his shoulder.

Before injury 10TDs on the ground, just one after, and the injury evidently affected his throwing.

If KM is healthy past mid-season, we'll be fine. IMO.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
BA & Belicheck lead teams had way more issues with penalties than Cards last week. Heck our next opponent with respected coach in Zimmer was top 3. Its too early in the season to be going off the rails yet

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anything wrong with pointing out that the "terrible coach" spiel looks pretty silly after a dominating win?
I mean, I really don’t take what TJ says seriously 99% of the time, but it’s just one game. One game. Relax a little bit.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
A terrible coach who's team just spanked an AFC South Champ in their house.

Yeah so terrible!
It’s one game. The 7 games prior, he was 2-5 with an 0-fer to clinch the playoffs. Let’s wait a bit to buy our super Bowl tickets

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to take anything from KK but if I'm hearing Murray right at least 2 of the TD's sunday were audibles. It came across my FB feed he was describing them. One is really not an audible the play where he rolled and hit D Hop for the TD wasn't an audible but he improvised to keep the play alive and then hit the WR who also improvised so not a called play. The one to Kirk the moon ball, that was an audible. Kyler said he recognized they had "zero coverage" so he checked to a different play, he even joked Kliff may not have liked what I was doing on the sideline but it worked and that's the bottom line with him as long as it makes sense and works I check on any given play

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not to take anything from KK but if I'm hearing Murray right at least 2 of the TD's sunday were audibles. It came across my FB feed he was describing them. One is really not an audible the play where he rolled and hit D Hop for the TD wasn't an audible but he improvised to keep the play alive and then hit the WR who also improvised so not a called play. The one to Kirk the moon ball, that was an audible. Kyler said he recognized they had "zero coverage" so he checked to a different play, he even joked Kliff may not have liked what I was doing on the sideline but it worked and that's the bottom line with him as long as it makes sense and works I check on any given play
You could argue that if Murray just climbed the pocket, he doesn't have to improvise there. He immediately ran backwards and no tackle is going to be able to keep his block when a QB does that.

Yeah he definitely audibled on the Kirk TD.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So 3 days after a win the negativity starts back up again
Ah ah ah...no, NOSE RUBBING starts up to spark negativity. It started right after the game, too. Now, to be fair, it has backed off and folks have apologized, so I don't see a need to start sniping on here. Peace, love, and enjoying the big one everyone, eh?