The Man in the High Castle (Amazon Prime)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Sorry Yuma, not all shows and movies are full of Michael Bay explosions. If you don't like slow burn plots, just wipe this one out of your queue.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I guess it's just the continuing Mcguffin of what the hell is going on lol. I mean we're two seasons in and we still have absolutely no idea how this happened, how it's still happening and who, if anyone is behind it.
Dont get me wrong it's super interesting. I just finished season 2 and I was totally enthralled the last 6 episodes so I dont mind as much anymore, but it's just like this carrot they are dangling. The hint of an answer is always just around the next corner.

But in terms of infuriating... When Juliana met TMITHC she didn't ask the most basic and crucial question of all... WHERE DO THEY COME FROM??? Like it seriously bothered me for two episodes. Multiple people have discussed the films and the question of where they are coming from is like, never addressed other than the Man in the High Castle was making them. So when Juliana met him she should have been like; Uhh so if you're not making them, who is? Where do they come from? But here's the thing about Juliana,,, she's super, super, super hot. So I forgive her. ;)

It's just aggravating that the plot really hasn't advanced in terms of figuring out how and why this is all happening. Is this just a superpower people have developed to warp from time to time?

Again, I REALLY LIKE IT! I'm just saying, that part of it annoys me. Like I said, It's just this carrot that's just going to keep getting dangled. Because now with the realization that they are just a bunch of parallel realities or universes, we're no longer wondering what happened that made us lose the war in our time, it's simply another universe where the war went a different way. So it's even more confusing.

The last few episodes were cool, I loved how it all came together. Cant wait to see what happens with Smith next year. I hope they put Joe in jail and he stays there all season 3. lol Joe is annoying. But in a kindof endearing way.

The last few episodes did explained where the films are coming from, the other parallel universe. When that Japanese guy(can't think of his name) meditated, he was transferred over to the other universe where the nazis didn't take over the United States. He was able to bring back the film of the atomic bomb test which was shown to the new nazi leader to scare him. Some guy(maybe the MITHC) was able to do the same and went back and forth for years, collecting more and more film. They weren't made by anyone, they were real life footage in one universe and then brought back to the other one.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The last few episodes did explained where the films are coming from, the other parallel universe. When that Japanese guy(can't think of his name) meditated, he was transferred over to the other universe where the nazis didn't take over the United States. He was able to bring back the film of the atomic bomb test which was shown to the new nazi leader to scare him. Some guy(maybe the MITHC) was able to do the same and went back and forth for years, collecting more and more film. They weren't made by anyone, they were real life footage in one universe and then brought back to the other one.

I know but for me, that takes the heart out of the show. I'll elaborate, I just dont have time right now. I'll revisit this I promise. :)

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's back on! Going to be in front of my TV for awhile. :clapping:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't finish Episode 1 season 3 last night, just couldn't get in to it for some reason. Will try again later maybe it's just been too long since Season 2 ended for me but I loved the first 2 seasons so we'll see.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
same, it lost me

Yeah we've moved on to the Romanovs and are now about to start the new series that has Julia Roberts. Just couldn't get back into this one.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The final season was freaking awesome. Well, until the last few minutes of the final episode. :(

Last edited:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The final season was freak awesome. Well, until the last few minutes of the final episode. :(
I got hooked on it, but not in a great way. Definitely worth watching but that thing was all over the place, which I am convinced was the plan.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson