The Locker Room/The Press/The QB Controversy

BLRIGHT

Reaction score
I live on the East Coast, so I'm throwing this one out to you locals.

One thing that disappoints me about the local Cards coverage is the lack of information from the players -- even if the sources are anonymous -- about which QB they prefer. No matter what everyone says on the record -- not that there have been many comments from other players on this -- the players almost always have a QB preference. Maybe this is just the mark of good coaching to keep the comments/problems in house, but I wonder whether the beat reporters could do a better job of getting us this information. For example, wouldn't it make you feel better about the Warner decision if Fitz and Boldin preferred to catch Warner's ball or felt more comfortable with Warner running the offense?

Also, why is it that Chris Mortensen broke the Warner starting story and not one of the local beat reporters? Do you think that the beat reporters are too friendly with the coaching staff and muzzle stories to maintain their relationships? The local reporters don't seem to really be bothered that they were scooped on this. You don't see that with coverage of the Pats/Jets/Giants.

Thoughts?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Urban does a fine job reporting on the Cards. He has been candid and has given his thoughts on controversial subjects such as Fitz's contract, Q's situation and the QB battle without calling anybody out.
He is honest and upfront but lets face it , he is not the front man to release decisions that have been or about to be made without consent of the higher ups. Any inside reporter that would do that not only would be a devisive voice but he probably wouldn't have a job very long.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The difference in "following" the QB...

The "Offense" is MORE confident BELIEVING in Kurt because He's been there & done it. ...And they're WANTING TO BELIEVE in Matt but he hasn't... YET! You can see/read it in the players' body-language. It would be exactly the same if Brett Favre were starting, and went down, and Aaron Rogers went in. There's just a different confidence-level. BUT, there has to be a beginning to everything. I think Kurt can still lead us to a championship, and I believe Matt will in his time, too. GO CARDS!!

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not so sure Mortensen's source was official. I actually believe Whiz when he says they never made their final decision until after the 4th game. They may have been leaning towards Kurt at that point but I don't think it was chiseled in stone. As far as hearing what the players think about it....who cares. Who does it benefit to know how certain players feel about certain players? If you're looking for a soap opera I would suggest "Days of our lives".

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard