The Lakers are now my 2nd Favorite Team!

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything is about presentation. Although some in Minnesota were angry when KG switched teams, i don't recall them being this mad, as a matter of fact, i don't remember emotions running as high after a "face of franchise" player switched teams as it is doing with the Lebron switch.
i doubt anyone would have cared if he has handled it better, he should have avoided announcing it like this, it is your home state for crying out loud.
The only thing this announcement brings him is bad karma across the nation, he can forget any kind of honor from the cavs in the future and God help his kids if he didn't withdraw them from school immediately, bullies are gonna have a field day.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I just feel like I was taken for a ride I didn't want to go on, and in the end it sucked just as much as I thought it would. Oh, yeah, and it's not even close to over. We're probably going to have to watch LeBron and the Heat bury Cleveland on Christmas Day.

Reaction score
why so much hate for lebron? He did everything he could for that team and they couldnt get it done year and year out.... they acquired complements who arent a solid # 2 player.... His move to the heat is applaudable, taking less money to win a championship unlike amare who is money driven and im excited to watch the knicks give up 150 points a game (sarcasm)... Dont know why theres so much hate for lebron though...

SunsFanVegas

Registered
Reaction score
why so much hate for lebron? He did everything he could for that team and they couldnt get it done year and year out.... they acquired complements who arent a solid # 2 player.... His move to the heat is applaudable, taking less money to win a championship unlike amare who is money driven and im excited to watch the knicks give up 150 points a game (sarcasm)... Dont know why theres so much hate for lebron though...

It's the way he did it. Keeping everyone at bay for so long, making a circus of the whole thing. The ridiculous 1 hour special on ESPN to make an announcement where he would go. The whole thing reeks of just massive ego and him needing the country to stroke him. I never really liked James....but I despise him now. I really do believe that Miami is not going to be as great as some think. I just don't see these 3 playing together all that well. Plus it remains to be seen who else Miami can get to fill their roster. They may be the best of buddies now, but alot can change when things don't go the way they plan.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You make it sound like he is taking the MLE.
A lot of fans wants Amare gone, the FO has shopped him around a lot and he is leaving respectable with the last minute negotiation.
So their situations is not even comparable.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
the cavaliers have only themselves to blame ... they had 7 years to show any pulse of a competent front office and couldn't get it done

it's amazing you had 3 guys put ego and cash aside to play together in an effort to win

they did everything straight up within the parameters of the league .... no shady trades, no false promises, just good management and a good sell

it's what the nets owner tried to do but ultimately couldn't get done

the letter from the cavs owner, while hilarious, is pretty much a disgrace and an embarrassment

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
We've known the clock was ticking in Cleveland. They had some nice runs, but adding Shaq proved to be a mistake.

The sad part is that the Cavs had a bunch of good players, but it seems they never really operated as a team. Mike Brown never got the teamwork to get beyond the better coordinated Celtics, at least this year.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hell no....i understand the hate for MIAMI's "superteam"...but i wish *NO SUCCESS for Kobe and the Lakeshow*....forever and always. I was raised that way as a SUNS fan, what can i say?:shrug:

I hope MIAMI dominates.....leave's Kobe, his LAKERS and their fans with their ***** in the dirt after a 4 game sweep next June. :)

* too late for that but hey whatever....

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't stand front runners. Lebron James is now going to piggy back on others in order "to win championships and be ever considered amongst the greats"... What has this world come to? There are people that actually refer to this idiot as 'The King'.

Since I don't think the Suns can make it back to the WCF this year, I will be pulling for the Lakers to make it to the Finals and pound that pansy Lebron. My disgust for Lebron has actually made me a Laker fan. Incredible.

Kobe deserves the MVPs over Lebron. He stayed when LA looked like it wouldn't get better anytime soon (of course they received a huge gift from Memphis) and stuck it out. Now he is the best player since Michael. Lebron is a joke and a child with a weak constitution.

Go SUNS... and then Go Lakers.

::turns his back on Tucsondevil::

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not mine. Why is it OK for starters to "front run" on the Lakers from other teams but not O.K for Miami? Yes, Wade & LeBron are a step up but so what. A players end game is a title and I can't fault any veteran for going where they thing they have the best chance.

Besides, Wade & LeBron will co-contribute plenty and that is hardly piggy backing. I just can't find myself hating them for going after that title.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You CAN NEVER follow the Lakers at all cost if you are a Suns fan.... Laker fans look at you (Suns fans) as scum... and we look at them as worse than Scum....

I'd rather see Heat win than the Lakers... never say that again.

Heck Go Spurs over Heat and Lakers.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He stayed when LA looked like it wouldn't get better anytime soon (of course they received a huge gift from Memphis) and stuck it out.

One of the dumbest things ever posted on this board. Did you start watching the nba last year?

3 years ago, one day in june 2007, kobe went on every radio station in the country and demanded a trade from the lakers. He made a video calling bynum a chump who he wanted shipped out for kidd.

He was booed by laker fans the first game of the 2007 season, the deal would have been done to chicago but he refused to go if luol deng was in the deal... what are you smokin?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
the cavaliers have only themselves to blame ... they had 7 years to show any pulse of a competent front office and couldn't get it done

it's amazing you had 3 guys put ego and cash aside to play together in an effort to win

they did everything straight up within the parameters of the league .... no shady trades, no false promises, just good management and a good sell

it's what the nets owner tried to do but ultimately couldn't get done

the letter from the cavs owner, while hilarious, is pretty much a disgrace and an embarrassment

Cash, yes. Ego, no. You can't announce which team your're going to the way they all did and say that they put ego aside. Good God they couldn't have made it more " look at me"

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
off the court and on the court are different things

you can make a spectacle about look at me, look at me

but the rubber hits the road when you decide to work with someone who will make more money than you, is more entrenched into that market than you, knowing you're going to be an absolute villian in your home town and knowing that people are going to detract on your success due to the success of those around you

it would of been easy to stay in cleveland, get a max money deal, continue to be the big fish in a small pond and be worshiped for the rest of your career

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't stand front runners. Lebron James is now going to piggy back on others in order "to win championships and be ever considered amongst the greats"... What has this world come to? There are people that actually refer to this idiot as 'The King'.

Since I don't think the Suns can make it back to the WCF this year, I will be pulling for the Lakers to make it to the Finals and pound that pansy Lebron. My disgust for Lebron has actually made me a Laker fan. Incredible.

Kobe deserves the MVPs over Lebron. He stayed when LA looked like it wouldn't get better anytime soon (of course they received a huge gift from Memphis) and stuck it out. Now he is the best player since Michael. Lebron is a joke and a child with a weak constitution.

Go SUNS... and then Go Lakers.
Frontrunner.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For the record I am in no way riding the nuts of Lebron. I just don't see why people are hating on him for leaving Cleveland. I absolutely saw no reason for him to go back and frankly shocked that people were so stunned that he left. It's not like he left to go play with the knicks or clippers... he went to play with his friend and fellow superstar Wade. How anyone could be mad at that is beyond me.

As to his hour long special.... i say so what. Was it over the top? Maybe. Terribly put together and altogether pointless? Probably, but I ask again... what else was there to watch last night? People want to talk about him needing to stroke his ego, uh I do believe every GM in the league has been salivating and talking about the "summer of 2010" for at least two years as if it was the second coming of JC himself. Even Cuban got fined for talking about a player under contract with another team. Hell even the city of cleveland themselves went out of their way to make a big deal out of his impending FA status with dumb billboards and stupid hand held signs. So in light of all that he happens to go on television to make his announcement and he's a media *****? He gave everyone what they wanted and i'm almost positive that David Stern is loving the fact that we are still talking about basketball halfway through July.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
For the record I am in no way riding the nuts of Lebron. I just don't see why people are hating on him for leaving Cleveland. I absolutely saw no reason for him to go back and frankly shocked that people were so stunned that he left. It's not like he left to go play with the knicks or clippers... he went to play with his friend and fellow superstar Wade. How anyone could be mad at that is beyond me.

As to his hour long special.... i say so what. Was it over the top? Maybe. Terribly put together and altogether pointless? Probably, but I ask again... what else was there to watch last night? People want to talk about him needing to stroke his ego, uh I do believe every GM in the league has been salivating and talking about the "summer of 2010" for at least two years as if it was the second coming of JC himself. Even Cuban got fined for talking about a player under contract with another team. Hell even the city of cleveland themselves went out of their way to make a big deal out of his impending FA status with dumb billboards and stupid hand held signs. So in light of all that he happens to go on television to make his announcement and he's a media *****? He gave everyone what they wanted and i'm almost positive that David Stern is loving the fact that we are still talking about basketball halfway through July.

Give me a break. I'm not going to watch The Lady In the Water just because at any time it's the "only thing on." If you're having a problem deciding between doing absolutely nothing and watching that idiotic "special," then you need a girlfriend, or at least a hobby.

Talking about basketball in July? What a shock! It's not like the Summer League hasn't started, right? Oh. Wait.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Give me a break. I'm not going to watch The Lady In the Water just because at any time it's the "only thing on." If you're having a problem deciding between doing absolutely nothing and watching that idiotic "special," then you need a girlfriend, or at least a hobby.

Talking about basketball in July? What a shock! It's not like the Summer League hasn't started, right? Oh. Wait.

who the f talks about the summer league? talk about needing to get a girlfriend.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

who the f talks about the summer league? talk about needing to get a girlfriend.
Come on fellas...cant we all just get along....and then get each others girlfriends?
You must be registered for see images

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Rooting for the LA Lakers is just about the most un-Arizonan thing you could do. I wouldn't root for an LA team in any sport... I like LeBron, Wade, and Bosh. Nothing besides a Suns victory makes me happier than a Lakers failure. I will be rooting for the Heat all the way to get that 3-peat until the Suns get themselves back up to take it from them...ha

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rooting for the LA Lakers is just about the most un-Arizonan thing you could do. I wouldn't root for an LA team in any sport... I like LeBron, Wade, and Bosh. Nothing besides a Suns victory makes me happier than a Lakers failure. I will be rooting for the Heat all the way to get that 3-peat until the Suns get themselves back up to take it from them...ha

Totally agree. I was incredibly intrigued by the idea of a superteam the second I heard it, but didn't think it would happen because lebron would have to put a lot of individual accomplishments aside. He's probably not going to catch kareem's 6 mvps now... But i give him credit for making the move.

If this happened in 05/06/07 when we were contenders it would really suck, but now that we aren't I'm going to love watching this team.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
So you hate a front runner yet select the Lakers as your 2nd favorite team? hahaha.. Ironic...

I just chose the Heat as my 2nd favorite team tonite because they are gonna beat the piss out of the lakers.. And they are gonna be damn exciting to watch...

See, you get it.

Eff LA.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score

and you get it also.

Anytime the Lakers fail brings joy to my heart.

How can anyone root for that POS Kobe is beyond me.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i despise Kobe only because he is a rival, but i am disliking James a lot more this days. For all his percieved character flaw i have never heard kobe refer to himself in the third person before, Lebron must have done it like 6 times during his interview alone, dude is full of himself its not even funny anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard