The Lakers are now my 2nd Favorite Team!

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
I can't stand front runners. Lebron James is now going to piggy back on others in order "to win championships and be ever considered amongst the greats"... What has this world come to? There are people that actually refer to this idiot as 'The King'.

Since I don't think the Suns can make it back to the WCF this year, I will be pulling for the Lakers to make it to the Finals and pound that pansy Lebron. My disgust for Lebron has actually made me a Laker fan. Incredible.

Kobe deserves the MVPs over Lebron. He stayed when LA looked like it wouldn't get better anytime soon (of course they received a huge gift from Memphis) and stuck it out. Now he is the best player since Michael. Lebron is a joke and a child with a weak constitution.

Go SUNS... and then Go Lakers.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
He stayed when LA looked like it wouldn't get better anytime soon (of course they received a huge gift from Memphis) and stuck it out. .

First, L.A. is quite different than Cleveland.

2nd, you don't remember him throwing a fit a few years ago. Demanding to be traded. He was video-taped talking all kind of crap about the organization and how he wanted out. He's just as big a prima dona as LBJ.

Also, I think it's funny how when Bill Simmons was talking about these 3 guys taking less to all play together everyone said it would be so cool. Now that it's happened everyone is pissed. So funny.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
LOL. What about a guy who wins because his team steals a big man?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I can't stand front runners.

Hilarious, and ironic. Self loathing much? For the life of me I can't understand how the Heat improving would ever turn you into a Lakers fan. I'll stick with the Suns, thanks. Good or bad, they're my team, and I'll sure as hell never root for the Lakers. If there is any team I'll root for, it's OKC, and only because of their players.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

#rightTable{display:none;}
Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

You must be registered for see images

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

Last edited:

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow...that goes beyond sour straight to bitter grapes! But, gotta love the man's passion I guess. Tough to get top free agents to come live in Cleveland and that is NOT going to change.

Good luck with your "guarantee". Dreamin' is free but LBJ sure wasn't, was he?

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Absolutely 100% pitiful (yet hilarious.) It's ok to express his feelings of betrayal, but that comes off like a 12 year old wrote it. Thats going to bite him in the ass.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hilarious, and ironic. Self loathing much? For the life of me I can't understand how the Heat improving would ever turn you into a Lakers fan. I'll stick with the Suns, thanks. Good or bad, they're my team, and I'll sure as hell never root for the Lakers. If there is any team I'll root for, it's OKC, and only because of their players.

I'm a Suns fan, only death will change that. However, I despise the way all this was handled and I will openly cheer for each and every team that has a chance to keep Miami from winning a championship. I like Wade and I bear Bosh no ill feelings but I can't stand the way this all came down, culminating in the absurd hour long ESPN special.

I think the Lakers, with good health, will be the team best positioned to prevent a Miami dynasty and therefore they've just become my second favorite team. However, the gap between my favorite team and my second favorite team is huge, almost as big as the gulf between my 29th favorite team and the Heat.

Steve

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can understand what TucsonDevil meant. i may not like the Lakers but i will root against the heat should they meet in finals.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
I spent most of my adult life in San Francisco. I doubt most Phoenix fans can grasp the full fervor of ""Beat LA" until you've been to a game in San Francisco. Suppport LA? NEVER!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
haters gonna hate. Get over it.

How about some context? What exactly is wrong with watching a spectacle develop over 2 years and deciding that you think it sends the wrong message. I have no problem with Lebron playing in Miami. My issue is with the way this was all handled.

Your "haters gonna hate. Get over it" comment suggests that you're on a higher plain than the rest of us and I congratulate you for reaching such a pinnacle. Me, I think I'm gonna just keep "hating".

Steve

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm a Suns fan, only death will change that. However, I despise the way all this was handled and I will openly cheer for each and every team that has a chance to keep Miami from winning a championship. I like Wade and I bear Bosh no ill feelings but I can't stand the way this all came down, culminating in the absurd hour long ESPN special.

I think the Lakers, with good health, will be the team best positioned to prevent a Miami dynasty and therefore they've just become my second favorite team. However, the gap between my favorite team and my second favorite team is huge, almost as big as the gulf between my 29th favorite team and the Heat.

Steve

I'm just as disgusted with how the Lakers got Kobe and Gasol. I can understand OKC or another team, but the Lakers? Not a chance in hell.

cly2tw

Reaction score
If NY gets Paul, say Curry/Randolph/Turiaf/2picks for Paul/Okafor, the lineup of
Okafor/Amare/Gallo/Chandler/Paul beats whatever Miami could stage this or next year. :shrug:

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How about some context? What exactly is wrong with watching a spectacle develop over 2 years and deciding that you think it sends the wrong message. I have no problem with Lebron playing in Miami. My issue is with the way this was all handled.

Your "haters gonna hate. Get over it" comment suggests that you're on a higher plain than the rest of us and I congratulate you for reaching such a pinnacle. Me, I think I'm gonna just keep "hating".

Steve

Your're mad because a guy made a decision thats best for him. So what? Your're jealous because a guy was able to garner this much attention based solely on where he will decide to dribble a basketball. You are definetely being a hater. Just appreciate it for what it is.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just as disgusted with how the Lakers got Kobe and Gasol. I can understand OKC or another team, but the Lakers? Not a chance in hell.

It's not really the same thing, or at least it's not that aspect that bothers me. Perhaps I'll lighten up in the next few days because truthfully I'm sort of holding Miami responsible for the actions and comments and behind the scenes BS of Lebron and his crew. I'm only hating on Miami because their failure is the only thing that assures that Team Lebron will pay the price for this spectacle they created.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your're mad because a guy made a decision thats best for him. So what? Your're jealous because a guy was able to garner this much attention based solely on where he will decide to dribble a basketball. You are definetely being a hater. Just appreciate it for what it is.

You're ill-informed but you wear it well.

Steve

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score

Agreed. That (Gasol) trade was the most one-sided in the history of this league and gave the Lakers two titles.
Miami on the other hand... gotta give them credit. Good management and recruiting skills, I guess. If we had somewhat managed to free up some cash to surround Stoudemire with James and Wade, I wouldn't complain.

Saying that, I haven't been following the free agent circus at all (The World Cup is on, after all!) and don't know about the build up or whatever people refer to.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you hate a front runner yet select the Lakers as your 2nd favorite team? hahaha.. Ironic...

I just chose the Heat as my 2nd favorite team tonite because they are gonna beat the piss out of the lakers.. And they are gonna be damn exciting to watch...

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
So you hate a front runner yet select the Lakers as your 2nd favorite team? hahaha.. Ironic...

I just chose the Heat as my 2nd favorite team tonite because they are gonna beat the piss out of the lakers.. And they are gonna be damn exciting to watch...

Ha, I can see this train of thought. I also look forward to watching the Knicks, with Randolph and Amare, they'll at least be exciting.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You're ill-informed but you wear it well.

Steve

Tell me how i'm ill-informed. You just said that your second favorite team is your teams biggest rival. Huh? If you're upset because he took an hour to say what he said ok... but what the hell else were you going to watch?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I can't stand front runners. Lebron James is now going to piggy back on others in order "to win championships and be ever considered amongst the greats"... What has this world come to? There are people that actually refer to this idiot as 'The King'.

Since I don't think the Suns can make it back to the WCF this year, I will be pulling for the Lakers to make it to the Finals and pound that pansy Lebron. My disgust for Lebron has actually made me a Laker fan. Incredible.

Kobe deserves the MVPs over Lebron. He stayed when LA looked like it wouldn't get better anytime soon (of course they received a huge gift from Memphis) and stuck it out. Now he is the best player since Michael. Lebron is a joke and a child with a weak constitution.

Go SUNS... and then Go Lakers.

Giving Kobe credit of any kind is a bit much.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Part of being a true Suns fan is having an innate disdain for the Lakers. Telling us you will be cheering for them shows your true colors.

To each his own, but Ill never consider you a true Suns fan ever again

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
lol @ this guy ^ (clif), looks like someones hitchin a ride on Lebron nuts all the way to south florida!!

But back on topic. I hope the heat lose every game but not at the expense of calling the lakers my "2nd favorite team". I was talking to my friend about this today, I really probably wouldnt keep tabs on basketball if the suns werent in phoenix. I LIKE other teams like OKC and now GS, but I could NEVER EVER root for them with my emo heart like I do the suns. NEVER.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard