The Killing (AMC)

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I was generally satisfied with the ending. I enjoyed the show and hope it comes back for a third season.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Many reasons to like this show. Many reasons to hate it. Why oh why did they wait until the epilogue to give us reason to care who killed Rosie? And when they do, its a sugar sweet feel good hollywood type story line from a show that had until then been dark turn after dark turn? Terrible. All that said, I enjoyed the show. A good distraction. Will I watch another season? Nope.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many reasons to like this show. Many reasons to hate it. Why oh why did they wait until the epilogue to give us reason to care who killed Rosie? And when they do, its a sugar sweet feel good hollywood type story line from a show that had until then been dark turn after dark turn? Terrible. All that said, I enjoyed the show. A good distraction. Will I watch another season? Nope.

Interesting, we just watched it on ON Demand and we loved it. I think they took weeks too long to get to that point but I thought the ending was terrific.

It was still pretty dark but as the description said they gave the family a chance at some closure at the end. I also thought the stuff with Rosie in it was oustanding, the problem is as you said they waited far too long to really let us get to know Rosie, they should have done that earlier to keep us along.

I'm glad I stuck it out, I got quite bored there for several episodes, but the ending was excellent IMO.

From the ending it appears there will be a season 3 with a different body to investigate again.

DiamondBacks5117

Registered
Reaction score
the thing i dont get is why did Jamie confess did he not know that she was still alive in the car i guess.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Russ, I was happy with the way it wrapped up. I just liked the fact that she walked away from the car when they announced the new body, and I had hoped that meant THE END. I would have preferred the family to have been able to move on and get on with life with Rosie having remained the unhappy wanderlust teenager. It would have shown more power in the family then the sugarsweet wrap up the show offered. JMHO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, who killed her? what was the story? i checked out after season 1 but am still curious.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have wanted to watch this show but I don't want to jump in mid stream. If anyone hears when they might do a replay starting from season 1 let me know.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So finally watched all of season one - disapointed it didn't end there.

Need to find where I can see Season two at

JerkFace

Reaction score
They have themselves to blame they simply took too long to get to what I thought was a good ending. I think the lost too much of the core audience by then.

I agree. They should have gone with a new victim every season.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched the 2 hour opening episode. I know the previous seasons had flaws and many dectractors, but this has promise. I'll definetly keep watching if it keeps up like last nights episode.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched the 2 hour opening episode. I know the previous seasons had flaws and many dectractors, but this has promise. I'll definetly keep watching if it keeps up like last nights episode.

I tried to but couldn't get into it.

JerkFace

Reaction score
I enjoyed it but unfortunately the ratings were slightly worse than season two. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I thought this show was cancelled. Had no idea they made another season. Will check it out.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I really like this show, it does a pretty good job of showing the lesser known underbelly of the Seattle scene...except when someone asks for a soft drink; note to the writers...we call it a "pop", not a friggin "soda"!

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I'm one of the few left, but I really liked the series this year. They left it set up very well for next year, IMO. Should it make another year, that is.

Holder is still fun for me to watch. Liked the role and character Bullet too. Sarsgaard did a nice job as Seward I thought.

JerkFace

Reaction score
I know I'm one of the few left, but I really liked the series this year. They left it set up very well for next year, IMO. Should it make another year, that is.

Holder is still fun for me to watch. Liked the role and character Bullet too. Sarsgaard did a nice job as Seward I thought.

I really enjoyed it as well. I am really hoping for another season.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Just watched this show on Netflix, and really enjoyed it. Didn't have the same frustration with the end of the first season because I waited fifteen seconds for the second season instead of months. I guess I see where a lot of the criticism is coming from, but man, there's a lot of almost personal offense being taken... The main fault I agree with, though, was the cycle of suspects that has been mentioned in this thread:

Bennet as suspect > beaten nearly to death; Richmond as suspect > shot and partially paralyzed; Belko as suspect > commits suicide; Jamie as confirmed suspect > shot by the cops.

And of course the formulaic montages and theme music that end each episode didn't always help, although that perhaps didn't bother me as much because as a police procedural I saw this not so much as a Sopranos/Breaking Bad but maybe more like a traditional police show with a serial rather than episodic structure.

The northwest setting (for the American show) does lead to expected Twin Peaks comparisons. I didn't mind that since this is already an adaptation, and if it did in fact borrow from Twin Peaks, it was sort of fun since that show is nearly 25 years old now. But although Twin Peaks is without a doubt the more significant show, the comparison does make me glad that in The Killing the case was solved to conclude season two, rather than occurring partway through a season which then goes off the rails (as in Twin Peaks).

I can see why some of you wanted the murderer revealed to end season one, though. If this were a network show with a more traditional run of 20+ episodes, they could have done it AND trimmed away some of the fat (the places where posters felt a lack of progress). In essence, it would have been like what I just watched on Netflix, yet streamlined. But funding/scheduling and the desire for multiple seasons rears its head with most shows, serial and otherwise.

I'd definitely watch season three, but I'm trying to figure out if it ends with a real conclusion without spoiling the plot for myself...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson