Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real News Story

Dustin Diamond Ordered to Stand Trial over Alleged Stabbing

http://www.people.com/article/dustin-diamond-to-stand-trial

Former Saved by the Bell star Dustin Diamond will stand trial for allegedly stabbing a man at a bar in Port Washington, Wisconsin.

Diamond, 37, was charged with second-degree recklessly endangering safety, disorderly conduct and carrying a concealed weapon after he admitted he was armed with a knife during a fight Dec. 25 at the Grand Avenue Saloon.

Diamond, who was interviewed after he left the bar, told police he was defending his 27-year-old fiancée, Amanda Schutz.

Diamond's defense attorney, Thomas Alberti, says no one saw the former child star stab anyone during the altercation, but after hearing a police officer's testimony, an Ozaukee County judge ruled there was sufficient evidence to bind Diamond over for trial.

"There is no evidence Dustin Diamond touched anyone with his knife," Alberti tells PEOPLE. "Dustin didn't reach out or slash out or throw his arms around and try to wound someone. He merely flashed the pocket knife to try to stop the harm that was befalling his wife."

According to a criminal complaint, Diamond claimed the incident began after he declined to shake the hand of a woman who was bumping into his girlfriend. Soon after, he said, a man confronted him. He said he decided to pay, get their coats and leave, but a "brawl" erupted.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Fake Empire News Story

‘Saved By The Bell’ Star Dustin Diamond Charged With Murder After Stabbing Victim Dies

http://empirenews.net/saved-by-the-...arged-with-murder-after-stabbing-victim-dies/

Former Saved By The Bell star Dustin Diamond, best known for his awkwardly hilarious character Samuel “Screech” Powers on the timeless popular hit teen television series Saved By The Bell, has been charged with second-degree murder after a man he stabbed during a barroom brawl has died at a Wisconsin hospital.

Diamond, 37, initially told police that he accidentally stabbed the man with what he said was a ‘pen’, although he later referred to the weapon, which was never found, as a knife. According to Diamond, while trying to defend his fiance, 27-year-old Amanda Schutz, at the Grand Avenue Saloon in Port Washington, where Diamond is a resident, he was forced to brandish the weapon.

Diamond was initially charged with second-degree recklessly endangering safety, disorderly conduct, and carrying a concealed weapon and was released on $10,000 bail before the man, only being referred to by the name of ‘Casey’ per request of family, passed away. Originally reported that Casey was completely fine and his wounds mostly superficial, reports say he took a turn for the worse after a wound from the fight became infected. He died on the operating room table.

Port Washington Police Department spokesperson Marvin Maxwell made the public announcement this morning that Diamond is now being sought for charges of second-degree murder.

Last edited:

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. The dude has gone downhill since his acting days

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoax Busted: 'Saved By The Bell' Star Dustin Diamond Charged with Murder after Stabbing Victim Dies is Fake
• By Johnlee Varghese January 4, 2015 17:14 IST
• 61 2
A report ― claiming that the former "Saved By The Bell" star Dustin Diamond, has been charged with second-degree murder after a man he stabbed died at a Wisconsin hospital ― is a hoax.

Saved By The Bell star Dustin Diamond charged with second degree murder is a hoax. Twitter
He is best known for his awkwardly hilarious character Samuel "Screech" Powers in the popular an American television sitcom "Saved By The Bell".
The fake report was started by an entertainment website Empire News. The disclaimer page ofEmpire News calls itself a satirical website that publishes fake news. The report, published on 30 December, has gone viral since then and has been shared by thousands of fans and viewers of the sitcom.

Welp

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, it happens. Trying to run a call center and browse news sites at the same time. Knew he was up for the stabbing...just assumed one thing had led to the other.

Should have looked to see which site was reporting it.

It still is a very real story (except the murder aspect of it).

Dustin Diamond Ordered to Stand Trial over Alleged Stabbing

http://www.people.com/article/dustin-diamond-to-stand-trial

Former Saved by the Bell star Dustin Diamond will stand trial for allegedly stabbing a man at a bar in Port Washington, Wisconsin.

Diamond, 37, was charged with second-degree recklessly endangering safety, disorderly conduct and carrying a concealed weapon after he admitted he was armed with a knife during a fight Dec. 25 at the Grand Avenue Saloon.

Diamond, who was interviewed after he left the bar, told police he was defending his 27-year-old fiancée, Amanda Schutz.

Diamond's defense attorney, Thomas Alberti, says no one saw the former child star stab anyone during the altercation, but after hearing a police officer's testimony, an Ozaukee County judge ruled there was sufficient evidence to bind Diamond over for trial.

"There is no evidence Dustin Diamond touched anyone with his knife," Alberti tells PEOPLE. "Dustin didn't reach out or slash out or throw his arms around and try to wound someone. He merely flashed the pocket knife to try to stop the harm that was befalling his wife."

According to a criminal complaint, Diamond claimed the incident began after he declined to shake the hand of a woman who was bumping into his girlfriend. Soon after, he said, a man confronted him. He said he decided to pay, get their coats and leave, but a "brawl" erupted.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I really hope her last name is pronounced "shoots."

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or, you know, "lies."

The only one of those sites that should be allowed to exist is The Onion, IMHO.

No one spins the fake stories as well as they do. :D

This one is just irresponsible journalism, IMHO. They aren't making up fake stories...they are exaggerating the facts of a real case. Not the same in my book.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe yahoo was also running the story for a short time. Or maybe I just saw it on facebook. I dunno.

For as much as I can't stand teaching some days, I find myself increasingly happy to be out of the PR/media world nowadays.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really hope her last name is pronounced "shoots."

And here she is.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

I am disturbed that in this photo, screech looks like me.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
And here she is.

You must be registered for see images

I am disturbed that in this photo, screech looks like me.

Sounds like a good couple, right? She Schutz, he stabs!

It's more disturbing that you both look like Ben Roethlisberger.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was in at least one year of Celebrity Fit Club, he was a complete a hole on the show, one of the most annoying "celebrities" I'd ever seen on a reality show. He kept trying to goad the host into getting violent with him because he of course knew he could sue them for millions if he did. Kept cheating on his diet and exercise. At one point he left the show for something else, when he came back he'd lost weight and insisted he'd kept up his workout regimen and diet, but then later admitted he'd taken some weight loss supplement.

Just a complete tool, wanted to be treated like he was special on a show full of celebrities past their prime.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard