The Incredible Hulk (aka Hulk 2)

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Hulk was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I was looking at my watch from about 15 minutes in wondering when it would either get better or end.

A sequel would have to do a ton of selling to get me back to the theater.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Hulk was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I was looking at my watch from about 15 minutes in wondering when it would either get better or end.

A sequel would have to do a ton of selling to get me back to the theater.

I agree.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thud:

Edward Norton is The Incredible Hulk
Source: Marvel Studios
April 15, 2007

Two-time Academy Award® nominee Edward Norton has signed on to play Bruce Banner, who transforms into Marvel's renowned, larger-than-life Super Hero, The Hulk in Marvel Studios' action-packed, new big screen adaptation of The Incredible Hulk. The film, which is being directed by Louis Leterrier and distributed by Universal Pictures, is scheduled to smash into theaters on June 13, 2008.

"Edward Norton is a rare talent and one of the most versatile actors in the business. His ability to transform into a particular role makes him the ideal choice to take on the character of Bruce Banner/The Hulk. Edward is perfectly suited to bring one of the most popular and important Marvel icons to the big screen in a new and exciting way," said Kevin Feige, President of Production, Marvel Studios.

Under the visionary direction of Louis Leterrier (Transporter 2, Unleashed), The Incredible Hulk will return to the roots of the long-running comic series and television show.

The story unfolds when the pursuit for The Hulk - the world's most misunderstood, primal force of fury - heats up, finding Bruce Banner on the run attempting to cure his condition before his pursuers capture him.

Edward Norton is widely recognized as one of Hollywood's most multifaceted actors. Having appeared in more than 20 films to date, he has garnered numerous accolades, including two Academy Award nominations. He received a Best Actor nod for his portrayal of a former Neo-Nazi in American History X, as well as Supporting Actor recognition for his role opposite Richard Gere in Primal Fear. He will next been seen in Pride and Glory (co-starring Colin Farrell). Other film credits include: Fight Club, The Painted Veil, The Illusionist, The Score, 25th Hour, Frida, Death to Smoochy, and The People vs. Larry Flynt.

Filming is slated to begin in Toronto this summer.

The Incredible Hulk film is being produced by Avi Arad, Gale Anne Hurd and Kevin Feige and will be executive produced by Jim Van Wyck, David Maisel, Ari Arad and Stan Lee. Norton is represented by Brian Swardstrom of Endeavor.

Universal Pictures will distribute the film domestically and in various international territories.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pretty much enjoy anything Norton does so I will probably see this.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. That's quite a coup for Marvel Studios.

I think the Hulk/Banner is an attractive character for actors, but to echo Chaplin...Edward Norton?!

Sweet.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LOUIS LETERRIER TO DIRECT MARVEL STUDIOS' THE INCREDIBLE HULK

"Leterrier has a tremendous passion for this genre and shares our vision for the new direction of the Incredible Hulk franchise, one of the gems of the Marvel Universe," said Kevin Feige. "We are very excited to be working with such a talented director to bring one of our pre-eminent Super Hero franchises back to the big screen, and we are certain that he will bring the Hulk to life in a way that will appeal to a mass audience as well as the core Super Hero fan base."

One can assume an emerald?

I didn't think the first one was bad but I found some of the visual tricks distracting.

The "panels" have worked for me as a viewer in other films, but oddly enough I found it distracting in a film based on panels. Odd.

I thought the film was strong enough to be carried by the actors, but suffered from a very lame end villian.

Hulk V Abomination good, Hulk V Military good. Hulk V Elemental Nick Nolte ala Murderous Daddy? Meh.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cast updates:

Edward Norton (Bruce Banner/Hulk)
Liv Tyler (Betty Ross)
Tim Roth (villain Emil Blonsky/the Abomination)
Tim Blake Nelson (villain Samuel Sterns/the Leader)
William Hurt (General Ross, Betty's father)

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually liked the first Hulk movie, but I grew up reading the comic books and watching the TV show. I'm just a fanboy. They changed the story but I didn't care.

I thought the storyline with the father was a good idea, just poorly hashed out. Nick Nolte sends me into a rage, too!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Obviously, General Ross is the villain, so he had to be in it," added Leterrier. "But the Abomination, Emil Blonsky, was who Marvel wanted to put in this chapter—the first chapter of our new saga—because he's the most famous. He's an enemy that can actually threaten the Hulk. It's very important for me that there is a danger. When Bruce Banner is Hulk, I didn’t feel in Ang Lee's 'Hulk' that there was any threat. He was invincible. So with Abomination there's actually a monster that can, you know, kill him when he's in the Hulk form."

:thumbup:

Sounds much more like the comics.

Ang Lee's Hulk = :barf:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lee's hulk was very different--there wasn't physical danger; that wasn't the conflict. It was far more of a character-driven film than works for a Shrek on steroids movie.

That said, I liked it okay. Looking forward to a more testosterone-driven Hulk, though. A "Mr. Fixit" appearance on the big screen would be very cool, too. As would an adaption of this summer's "World War Hulk."

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should be good:

(From Universal Pictures)

The first teaser trailer for hotly anticipated summer superhero epic "The Incredible Hulk" will have its exclusive broadcast debut in a simultaneous "roadblock" on seven networks on Wednesday, March 12. This first opportunity to see material from the motion picture will be aired at approximately 9:56 p.m. EDT/6:56 p.m. PDT on MTV, MTVU, MTV2, VH1, Spike TV, Nick at Nite and CMT.

Following the on-air premiere, the trailer will be immediately posted on MTV.com for an exclusive period. The trailer will begin showing in theaters across the country on Friday, March 14, with prints of Rogue Pictures' "Doomsday."