The Incredible Hulk (aka Hulk 2)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I grew up reading the comics, and my friend grew up with the TV show, and we both saw lots of little insider moments. Our third friend knew neither background and enjoyed it as much as we did..

Tell the 6 and 9-year olds they're too jaded... or maybe that it's a flick about existential issues of self and identity and connectedness, and bioterrorism and PTSD with a lot of carnage. They'll love it.
With these kids, that just might work.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I saw this last Saturday night.

This isn't an overstatement by any means; I was blown away!

Good stuff!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's shaping up to be a good comic book movie year, that's for sure.

Iron Man
Hulk2
Batman: The Dark Knight
Hellboy 2
Punisher 2

...I feel like I might even be missing one.

Is it possible that there's not a stinker in the bunch? I hear they learned a lot of lessons on how to do the Punisher from the first one. I do wish Thomas Jane had stuck with it, though. He's not a natutral fit, but aside from the bad voice, I thought he was pretty good.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
It's shaping up to be a good comic book movie year, that's for sure.

Iron Man
Hulk2
Batman: The Dark Knight
Hellboy 2
Punisher 2

...I feel like I might even be missing one.

Is it possible that there's not a stinker in the bunch? I hear they learned a lot of lessons on how to do the Punisher from the first one. I do wish Thomas Jane had stuck with it, though. He's not a natutral fit, but aside from the bad voice, I thought he was pretty good.

is The Spirit a comic adaption or does it just feel that way with Frank Miller writing it?

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Did anyone read this?

“There’s a point when Bruce Banner gives up on his quest for the cure and decide to kill himself. So he travels far North and reaches the Arctic Circle. You might have seen bits of it in some of the promos.” Sounds like an interesting scene, but having watched the movie on Monday I can tell you there’s nothing even remotely like it in there anywhere. The reason for that? Louis says, “The result was a very dark and strong scene, which Marvel, me and everyone else’s considered to be too hard to young audiences to take, so we’ve cut it.” The Incredible Hulk is after all, a kids movie. It’s practically a Pixar flick, right?

Anyway, in that missing scene was Cap’s meeting with Bruce Banner. Letterier confirms, “…when Bruce arrives at his destination he meets up with Captain America!”

Just watched it. Fantastic movie. This non-comic book reader is really getting into these movies. I loved the last scene of the meeting at the bar.

Zeno, I watched that scene on the DVD extras. It was a neat scene, I couldn't tell if it was an alternate beginning or ending.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn