The Head Coach and the Star Players Don't Get It

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whiz banishes players for mistakes and I don't think anyone here would disagree on that. THT fumbles and he might as well sit in the stands the rest of the game. Washington lines up incorrect and he is picking dingle berries out of his @ss the rest of the game.

Whiz recognizes the mistakes but these mistakes are never corrected. I can appreciate Wilson being in the right place but if he doesn't have the ability to execute then what good is it? Wilson is not put in a position to succeed.

To me that is the failure of Whiz and this coaching staff, they do not put players in a position to be successful and at least from my experience players are much more excited to play and work hard when they experience success.

Give them the opportunity to make plays by playing to their strengths and not ask them to do things they just are not capable of doing.

Very good overall post. I do disagree with the Whiz banishes players to quickly part. THT's rookie year he fumbled and Whiz went back to him in a proper amount of time. THT fumbles in his 2nd year and he is not banished. THT fumbles against the Rams this year and he isn't banished. THT fumbles against the Seahawks and now he has earned his time on the pine.

Dan Williams wasn't going to get a lot of playing time early this season and I think all of us knew that. He is getting more playing time now because he has earned it and improved.

The only reason Washington was the starter to begin the season was due to injury. Now that Hayes is back Washington will have to beat out Lenon who is playing at a pretty good level.

I'm sure has a HC you have parents who don't understand all the moves you make and think you don't know what you are doing. I would think it is more about them not being at all the practices or having your knowledge about the game. I think the same thing applies to many fans who don't know the system and aren't at the practices and don't have the level of knowledge that Whiz does and etc etc.

A lot of this is all a matter of perception.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Personally, I thought, we could be as good as 5-3 or as bad as 2-6, so I guess I really shouldn't be as mad as I was on Sunday.

Why shouldn't you have been mad? The Cards would be 6-2 right now if they would actually play to their ability.

There is NO reason this team, with the talent they have, and a Super Bowl Coaching staff, should have let their last three opponents score more points than they did.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I'm sure has a HC you have parents who don't understand all the moves you make and think you don't know what you are doing. I would think it is more about them not being at all the practices or having your knowledge about the game. I think the same thing applies to many fans who don't know the system and aren't at the practices and don't have the level of knowledge that Whiz does and etc etc.

A lot of this is all a matter of perception.

Yeah sometimes I have to laugh because some parents think I should be yelling all the time and take it as disinterest on my part.

That is the part of Whiz I like, I believe if you are busy yelling and being rah rah you are not taking in the game so you can make adjustments as you go.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why shouldn't you have been mad? The Cards would be 6-2 right now if they would actually play to their ability.

There is NO reason this team, with the talent they have, and a Super Bowl Coaching staff, should have let their last three opponents score more points than they did.

If we still had Warner at QB then I agree with you. With DA, Hall or even ML I'm not shocked by the current record. Mad at times, sure but not shocked.

Very funny sig btw.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If we still had Warner at QB then I agree with you. With DA, Hall or even ML I'm not shocked by the current record. Mad at times, sure but not shocked.

Very funny sig btw.

I still think the Cards should be 6-2 or 5-3 with the talent they have even with the bums playing QB.

Dangit with just one defensive stop we beat both Tampa and Minnesota. :mad:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
SW3J, and Cardiac.

Thank you for the support.

I will continue to debate, but I do need to check myself a little bit.

I do not, in any way, want to be judging others, and telling them how to be fans. I should not and will not (try at least) do that even if others do.

I didn't think I was doing that, but I am not a great communicator. So, I may have done so, and if I did, I regret it.

Not cool, not cool at all.

If the majority of the board wants to lament, vent, and be angry they have every right to. Nobody is forcing me to come to this board, and forcing me to read the board.

If I don't like, I should just find something else to do.

It is a frustrating year, if I am the only one that wants to still talk about the team, and positives and negatives then I am screwed, so be it. If the majority want to vent, be angry, and need support because they are on the edge ? Then that is what they need, and they are free to do so here.

Be a fan how every you want. :claphat:

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So fans on a message board aren't going to be upset after losses like we had the last two weeks? This wasn't run of the mill stuff. Throwing picks at the end when you are well within FG range to tie a game. Losing a 14 point lead with 4 minutes left. Allowing an all time personal best to Favre after playing him well for 3 quarters. I expected nothing less the Monday and Tuesday after that meltdown. The if you don't like it get lost stuff is what I didn't expect to see. May be just me but I wasn't surprised at all by the reaction.

Yes, that's exactly what I said. :sarcasm:

Of course fans are allowed to be upset. I was freaking furious on Sunday evening, moreso than I've been all season. But I wasn't throwing around the "I spend good money to watch this team" or "I have better things to do with my Sunday afternoon" statements. Those are the kinds of things I don't care to read. We all have a choice of whether or not we support this team. If it gets too much for you and you want to spend your money and time elsewhere, that's fine, no worries. I just don't need to hear about it every single week.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
SW3J, and Cardiac.

Thank you for the support.

I will continue to debate, but I do need to check myself a little bit.

I do not, in any way, want to be judging others, and telling them how to be fans. I should not and will not (try at least) do that even if others do.

I didn't think I was doing that, but I am not a great communicator. So, I may have done so, and if I did, I regret it.

Not cool, not cool at all.

If the majority of the board wants to lament, vent, and be angry they have every right to. Nobody is forcing me to come to this board, and forcing me to read the board.

If I don't like, I should just find something else to do.

It is a frustrating year, if I am the only one that wants to still talk about the team, and positives and negatives then I am screwed, so be it. If the majority want to vent, be angry, and need support because they are on the edge ? Then that is what they need, and they are free to do so here.

Be a fan how every you want. :claphat:
Fight the power, Rugby.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Of course fans are allowed to be upset. I was freaking furious on Sunday evening, moreso than I've been all season. But I wasn't throwing around the "I spend good money to watch this team" or "I have better things to do with my Sunday afternoon" statements. Those are the kinds of things I don't care to read. We all have a choice of whether or not we support this team. If it gets too much for you and you want to spend your money and time elsewhere, that's fine, no worries. I just don't need to hear about it every single week.

Then dont click on the threads.....Or ignore the posters you dont like.....Obviously everyone has different ways of venting....I have come to the conclusion for us posters that so many people have problems with...I would rather be on ignore...that way I dont have to hear from them when I do post something they dont like.

But this thread is perfect for us fans...Theraputic in fact...where else do FANS from other states (Tennessee here) get to talk to other fans who feel our pain? I cant go out to the living room and discuss it with my girlfriend or daughter. I dont have 4 Cardinal fan friends down the street. SO i come on here and act 10 and vent. And because our team is so discombobulated it makes it easy for everyone to jump off the cliff..and on the way down..say oooops and pull the ripcord land softly and climb back up the mountain for next weeks game.

Everyone should read Jeff's post on here back 1 page. His post should be nominated for post of the decade in my opinion. It is that good.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then dont click on the threads.....Or ignore the posters you dont like.....Obviously everyone has different ways of venting....I have come to the conclusion for us posters that so many people have problems with...I would rather be on ignore...that way I dont have to hear from them when I do post something they dont like.

As a moderator of this forum, I make every attempt to read all threads and do not have any posters on ignore. And, there are very few posters here, if any, I would consider putting on ignore even if I weren't a moderator.

You are right, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don't have to agree with it or even like it. And I also have the right to comment on it if I want. Message boards are for discussing things. That's what we do here.

And, for what it's worth, I don't have a problem with you or really any posters here. Don't mistake me expressing my opinion (which is the opposite of yours) for dislike of a poster.

Last edited:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Then maybe you should post a set of rules on what people can say when they vent. The person in question here has been a fan since 1960 and travels out of state to see games. He was upset and was venting and not in a nasty way. Was then told to go root for the Giants.

When the team has a painful loss people will vent in many different ways. Seems to me you have the problem not PAULW. He was at least being critical of the team and not another poster.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rugby, for what it's worth, I have no problem with what you have to say. I have really never seen you be mean spirited and to me that's the important thing. Don't sweat it my man, just say what you want.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As a moderator of this forum, I make every attempt to read all threads and do not have any posters on ignore. And, there are very few posters here, if any, I would consider putting on ignore even if I weren't a moderator.

You are right, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don't have to agree with it or even like it. And I also have the right to comment on it if I want. Message boards are for discussing things. That's what we do here.

And, for what it's worth, I don't have a problem with you or really any posters here. Don't mistake me expressing my opinion (which is the opposite of yours) for dislike of a poster.

:D it is all good. I much rather read your approach then the ones that call names and say you will be ignored. If you look back me and you have diagreed but I have agreed with quite a few of your posts. We wont always agree...but 1 thing is for sure....we all love the Cards. Just wish they wouldn't piss me off so much. :D

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then maybe you should post a set of rules on what people can say when they vent. The person in question here has been a fan since 1960 and travels out of state to see games. He was upset and was venting and not in a nasty way. Was then told to go root for the Giants.

When the team has a painful loss people will vent in many different ways. Seems to me you have the problem not PAULW. He was at least being critical of the team and not another poster.

Sigh. People can vent however they want so long as they follow the rules of the site (ex. no cursing, no name calling). It doesn't mean I have to agree with or like it, and I'm allow to say so. If having a difference of opinion constitutes having a problem, then I guess I (like everyone on this board) have a problem.

I didn't suggest he go off and root for the Giants (I would never encourage anyone to do that, lol), but I do agree with Rugby in that it gets tiring every week hearing fans say they hate spending the money or taking the time to support this team, like that entitles them to something other than seeing a game on Sunday. I'm allowed to feel that way and it shouldn't be viewed as a personal attack on anyone, because IT ISN'T.

If it makes you feel better, I get tired of reading about how we never should have let Matt go, even though I tend to agree, because it has been said a million times and it gets old.

And, for what it's worth, lots of people travel to see this team. I was one of them until I moved here in 2006 and became a season ticket holder.

Last edited:

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:D it is all good. I much rather read your approach then the ones that call names and say you will be ignored. If you look back me and you have diagreed but I have agreed with quite a few of your posts. We wont always agree...but 1 thing is for sure....we all love the Cards. Just wish they wouldn't piss me off so much. :D

Ditto. And, upon seeing a different view of that Collie hit, you were right. I just didn't see it that way from the view I was shown initially. Of course, my anger at losing to old arse Brett might have blurred my vision, too. :p

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

I said it only because he said that the Cardinals and this situation was not what he wanted.

Re-reading that, I was out of line to say it, and I apologize. Looking back to take that literally is pretty ridiculous on my part.

He was at least being critical of the team and not another poster.

Agreed.

Yet, I completely understand Jersey's statements and opinions. I can see where I look as if I am attacking a fan, but in Jersey's case she is stating opinion about the situation of negativity across the board. She is not stating that people should root/follow as seem deems fit. Just commenting that in her opinion, that posts and subjects are becoming overly negative to the point where it is a fault. She has every right to express that opinion.

So while I agree attacking a poster specifically is out of line. Let's not let that get out of hand as well.

Jersey and myself have every right to vent and have an opinion of posts that are overly negative to a fault, just as other have had the right to bash our posts for being overly positive to a fault.

And please, let's not get so lost in this, and forget that people who want to talk about something positive are attacked at a personal level as well.

While I agree, and my posts before this state as such, each fan should be allowed his say, and given his right to root as he chooses, but that works BOTH WAYS.

I hope there is this kind of support and outcry for the next person in support of Whiz and he gets called an idiot, or ignorant, or blind.

I have no problem being accepting and sympathetic, but it makes it hard when I am ridiculed for enjoying watching the team I root for by other fans.

Thus I would say such venom comes from spite more than anything.... I dunno, I am not a psycologist.

I vote to put it to bed, to say the least.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Three straight losses to teams they should beat. Two in a row where they had the lead.

The Cards so far this season Suck. What more is there to say?

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a bad idea. At least their sand comes with an Ocean instead of Cactus.

Well, bad news. Their fans took a vote and they don't want me, so I guess I'm back.

Sorry. But here's a picture of the voters to tide us over until winter's over:

You must be registered for see images attach

JTS

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If they set their hair on fire and ran down the street yelling "BLOODY MURDER" would that satisfy you ?

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Rugby, you carry the torch for at least myself, Thank You. It has gotten so bad this year that I have about 10 people on my ignore list because I don't have the ability to stay as calm and even handed as you do. I was a bit taken back by your response of then go find another team, not because I disagree but I know many find it as the biggest insult one can give. You have explained what you meant and that should be good enough for everyone. I mean if one can forgive Vick his trangressions then surely you should be pardoned as well.

Don't think you are alone in your frustration of some of the crazy hateful and conspiracy laden posts we have seen. Has anyone else noticed that Shane, joeshmo, Crazycanuk, Mdcardsfan and others have stopped posting for the most part. Maybe I'm wrong but I think it is due to the overall negativity and in what is MWO over emotional, uninformed, fictitious and ignorant thoughts and theories. I'm sure some, many, or all my posts could be viewed that way as well by some, many or all members of at this point and time dysfunctional family.

Jefftheshark, you may be the best writer on this board and that is saying a lot with the talents of Mitch (who I couldn't agree less with right now) and Brighteyes and etc.
I am at a different place then you in that I watched and rooted for the Cards when Coryell was the coach. I did have to experience the going back to a pitifully run team. I watched the owner fire a future HOF coach because.....well that is what he does.

The good news is that Michael B has caused a lot of change and this team will not become the SOC's because the only constant in that culture was Bill Sr. He hasn't completely faded out but his input has obviously lessened.

So I say to all, rant and rave all you want. Call Whiz an idiotic, worthless, lame brained, wussified coach because it appears to be the right of fans to do so. I at times will challenge you as that is my right. I will also ignore some posts because IMWO (I do like that Rugby) they have zero substance and it does become tedious.

Now time for a group hug and go Cards.

Couldn't agree more

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson