The Great Tacos as a Religion Debate

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think the real question is; If there is a god, does he/she like tacos? Certainly not the pork variety, but maybe the others?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Al Pastor, but it's too sweet for DCR's tastes. It does seem the sweet overpowers the spicy often (which, of course, is fine by me).
I never noticed sweet in the pastor tacos I get, I guess if it's real sweet I'll use half of the recommended pineapple

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Elmers Tacos in Chandler have the best Al Pastor that I've ever had. Not sweet at all that I've noticed. I usually get their Al Pastor burrito.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elmers Tacos in Chandler have the best Al Pastor that I've ever had. Not sweet at all that I've noticed. I usually get their Al Pastor burrito.
I do sharkys on baseline however I was told about Elmer's a few days ago. Interesting to see that name again....

Reaction score
I do sharkys on baseline however I was told about Elmer's a few days ago. Interesting to see that name again....

Elmer's has been around for a very long time. Around the 60's or 70's. They've served students at Chandler High during lunch for a while. My wife went to Chandler High & always went there for lunch. They have an open campus. Elmer passed away not too long ago but his family still runs it. Authentic as can be. Just their bean burro with sauce is phenomenal.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elmer's has been around for a very long time. Around the 60's or 70's. They've served students at Chandler High during lunch for a while. My wife went to Chandler High & always went there for lunch. They have an open campus. Elmer passed away not too long ago but his family still runs it. Authentic as can be. Just their bean burro with sauce is phenomenal.
Do they make their tortillas?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pork is marinated in pineapple. The tacos themselves don't have pineapple in them typically.

I think I will watch some more video before giving it a try. :D

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still love my mom's red enchilada's but I have been inspired by Gadzook's and I started making hatch green enchilada's with mashed potatoes filling.

Here's my little brother checking out my mom's green chili...

You must be registered for see images attach

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I ate there once years ago and it was the bomb. I heard they are opening a location on like country club and southern, excited for that.

http://mouthbysouthwest.com/2016/07/08/best-news-ever-carolinas-mexican-food-is-coming-to-mesa/

I think you get the best bang for your buck at Carolina's. The burritos are like $3-$4 and are really good. when it opens, order the Oaxaca Burrito (beans, potatoes, chorizo) - my mouth is watering thinking about this burrito....

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Thanks,

Home made tortillas are a big deal, I will have to go to elmers this weekend
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Corn recipe is a little more time intensive but worth it. Homemade is always best...IMO

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson