The Great Tacos as a Religion Debate

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I certainly am. It's based on who eats the most tacos, right? Or do they consider secondary factors such as how many times you've cleared Metroid? Either way, I'm a lock.
It depends on where you're getting these tacos. If you're getting them at Taco Bell, well I have bad news, those don't count. Now if we're talking Al Pastor tacos...then you're locked for the 7th level of Heaven! Boom.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It depends on where you're getting these tacos. If you're getting them at Taco Bell, well I have bad news, those don't count. Now if we're talking Al Pastor tacos...then you're locked for the 7th level of Heaven! Boom.

Al pastor tacos might be my favorite thing on earth.

OP
OP
A

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Although I never considered them Mexican Food, I remember fondly the Tacos from Bell in my youth. But that grease pit of a taco they've served to the past couple of generations makes me ill just thinking of them.

Still, I'm not all that picky about my tacos, to me there is no top taco. I love 'em whether they're stuffed with al pastor, carne asada, ground beef, chicken tinga, mahi mahi, beans, grilled veggies (sauteed mushrooms, bell peppers and onions covered with queso fresco makes a nice little dish).

I've left out a lot of possibilites, I'll just add that a taco done right is a taco done well. They are the perfect food, loved by people of all faiths and non-believers alike. All hail the great and wonderful taco. Make tacos not war.

OP
OP
A

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you truly feel that, you have not had a top taco.

Are you kidding? Unless there's some hidden meaning there, I've had thousands of top tacos. For me, the good taco at hand IS the top taco. Now, if there's a sexual connotation, something along the lines of "topping", yes, I'll claim innocence in that regard.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Are you kidding? Unless there's some hidden meaning there, I've had thousands of top tacos. For me, the good taco at hand IS the top taco. Now, if there's a sexual connotation, something along the lines of "topping", yes, I'll claim innocence in that regard.
Well I must say...the best taco's are definitely in Mexico. American taco's just don't cut it...although I like the imagination in the states, where as in Mexico it's usually simple and straightforward. And you know you're having a great taco when you don't see any Americans there, and no English spoken.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I must say...the best taco's are definitely in Mexico. American taco's just don't cut it...although I like the imagination in the states, where as in Mexico it's usually simple and straightforward. And you know you're having a great taco when you don't see any Americans there, and no English spoken.

There is a Mexican market close to where I live that makes AWESOME tacos, etc. I have never seen another white person in that store. Some white people don't know what they are missing.

OP
OP
A

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't have to go to Mexico for that, I have a dozen hole in the wall establishments within 15 minutes of my house where English is rarely if ever used. And I'd put some of those tacos up against anyone's, anywhere.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
There is a Mexican market close to where I live that makes AWESOME tacos, etc. I have never seen another white person in that store. Some white people don't know what they are missing.

I don't have to go to Mexico for that, I have a dozen hole in the wall establishments within 15 minutes of my house where English is rarely if ever used. And I'd put some of those tacos up against anyone's, anywhere.
Very true. A lot of those traditional places are very good, and you rarely see American's there. I'm just glad you guys didn't say Rubio's, or America's Taco.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the best taco in my life were steak and chicken tacos in Puerto Vallarta. I walked the entire little strip and at the end it says flea market this way, so I went that way. About two blocks later in the flea market, there is a random bar and a guy says I have to try the margarita. I sit down and oblige. The margarita was terrible, worst one I have ever had.

As I sat there, I notice the girl is making someone a chicken quesadilla. She made the tortilla right there, fresh to order.

You know what? Give me three tacos. Two steak and a chicken.

Each one she made a fresh tortilla for. She grilled the steak and sprayed a green sauce all over it. Nothing else was involved. It was amazing.

The nex day I took a cab to that taco stand and hung out for about 3 hours eating tacos telling everyone to stop and try one.

You must be registered for see images attach

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pursuit of the perfect taco is a religion to some!

btw, Tacos Atoyac at...19th & Bethany? Amazing. I've yet to find better street tacos in the Valley.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pursuit of the perfect taco is a religion to some!

btw, Tacos Atoyac at...19th & Bethany? Amazing. I've yet to find better street tacos in the Valley.

hmmm must be new....new to me...i havent lived in that area for 20 years....very curious...

Do they make their own tortillas?

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

"And you know you're having a great taco when you don't see any Americans there, and no English spoken."

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Try the tacos at the Taqueria del Yaqui food stand outside of Charlies nightclub, 7th ave and Camelback (no, you don't have to enter the club).

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try the tacos at the Taqueria del Yaqui food stand outside of Charlies nightclub, 7th ave and Camelback (no, you don't have to enter the club).
I used to work at sub factory across the street when I was like 19

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
the best taco in my life were steak and chicken tacos in Puerto Vallarta. I walked the entire little strip and at the end it says flea market this way, so I went that way. About two blocks later in the flea market, there is a random bar and a guy says I have to try the margarita. I sit down and oblige. The margarita was terrible, worst one I have ever had.

As I sat there, I notice the girl is making someone a chicken quesadilla. She made the tortilla right there, fresh to order.

You know what? Give me three tacos. Two steak and a chicken.

Each one she made a fresh tortilla for. She grilled the steak and sprayed a green sauce all over it. Nothing else was involved. It was amazing.

The nex day I took a cab to that taco stand and hung out for about 3 hours eating tacos telling everyone to stop and try one.

Those look exactly what I was referring to in terms of traditional Mexican tacos...simple, and amazing.

I've had those several times, as well as Atoyac and Oaxaca restaurant on Glendale and Bethany Home...while they are good...they still are marginal compared to tacos you can get at some random taco stand in Mexico. I'm glad people are trying the Atoyac and the Yaqui places...they need to stay in business, because they're better than most places in the valley.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose