The ESPN 2k5 Thread

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
Might as well get this one started. It ships tomorrow :thumbup: Most stores won't have it until Wednesday though because of the $20 price. Generally they won't ask for early shipments if it's not going to be very profitable.

I'm expecting this game to be great. Let's see how many people give ESPN a shot here. Online leagues look like they could be very fun. We really need to set one up. There's always talk about it but we've never done it.

OP
OP
schel

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
ESPN 2k5 what?

What kind of game is this?

Mike
Doh, I should have said ESPN NFL Football 2k5. I guess I got lazy :(

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
schel said:
Might as well get this one started. It ships tomorrow :thumbup: Most stores won't have it until Wednesday though because of the $20 price. Generally they won't ask for early shipments if it's not going to be very profitable.

I'm expecting this game to be great. Let's see how many people give ESPN a shot here. Online leagues look like they could be very fun. We really need to set one up. There's always talk about it but we've never done it.

I am definitely down. Played a game with my brother last night, we were down by ten with less that two minutes left, and somehow scored two touchdowns to win, including a thirty yard bomb with ten seconds and no timeouts left. THe other guys must have been crapping their pants, we were going nuts! :thumbup:

OP
OP
schel

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
:)

So it's $20???

Where can I get it?

Mike
Gamestop is probably your best bet. From my experience they are always good about getting games as early as possible. And yes, $20. It's their marketing plan because not many people know about this game. If they can at least double their sales, I'll say it worked :D It's kind of hard to compete since Madden sells millions of copies every year.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll get it then...I love ESPN Baseball 2k3, so football hopefully will be just as good.

Mike

Djaughe

Reaction score
schel said:
Doh, I should have said ESPN NFL Football 2k5. I guess I got lazy :(
lol...I was like chandlermike trying to figure out the title...I thought it was some track & field game....

OP
OP
schel

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
I heard there is a deal at EBGames where you trade in two non-sports titles and get 2k5 for free. I don't know anymore about it. That may be good for anybody that has some old games that have no real value anymore. $20 isn't too steep though :) Just thought if anyone was interested they should know ;)

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Just picked mine up today!!! This game rocks F*Madden. You can play online seasons with more than one person. Four of us are picking team and playing a full season! You are also able to download someones profile (what plays you do, how many time you throw the ball, ect.... and practice againest that profile like you were playing the person live!) I was on the edge last year of which on to pick up but for $20 this game just kills Madden!

OP
OP
schel

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
SweetD said:
Just picked mine up today!!! This game rocks F*Madden. You can play online seasons with more than one person. Four of us are picking team and playing a full season! You are also able to download someones profile (what plays you do, how many time you throw the ball, ect.... and practice againest that profile like you were playing the person live!) I was on the edge last year of which on to pick up but for $20 this game just kills Madden!
:thumbup:

I won't be able to play it for another 2 hours. Stuck at work :( I'll post about it tonight.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got mine today and will be playing it in about an hour. Good times. Maybe we should have a ASFN tourney soon and post the results. What platform are you guys playing? I am PS2.

A-Bomb

OP
OP
schel

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
abomb said:
Got mine today and will be playing it in about an hour. Good times. Maybe we should have a ASFN tourney soon and post the results. What platform are you guys playing? I am PS2.

A-Bomb
PS2

and I like your avatar :D

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
I got my copy today and I'm very impressed with it. For 20 bucks I think its a good deal. The AI in this game is very intelligent. And I've been playing it for almost 3 hours now and I just crack 21 points not like madden where you have a shoot out. EB games in 75th and Bell still has a lot of copy if any of you guys live around the area. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Are all the players there? I like to have 100% accurate rosters, I hate having to add players....

OP
OP
schel

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Are all the players there? I like to have 100% accurate rosters, I hate having to add players....
No, they aren't 100% accurate. Leonard Davis is LG, Shelton LT, Shipp RB. It may end up that way though. Some positions are off and some players are missing. Roster updates online are great and they usually fix everything, but if you have the PS2 and no network adapter... then yes, you got screwed by the early release.

OP
OP
schel

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
On to the game... it's great. The running game has been completely fixed. It's actually pretty hard to run on all-pro. Running is fun as hell though. Passing feels great and it's pretty easy to pick it up, but at the same time it's very easy to throw interceptions. Sliders can fix any problems you're having though. I love that there are 3 new sliders: Injury, Fumbles, and Interceptions.

VIP is my favorite feature so far. It's so nice. Scouting players is useful and the ability to play somebody's VIP profile is awesome. They not only use the tendencies of that certain player, but even controls the player like the human player would.

I'm loving this game so far but I have to keep playing :thumbup:

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I bought it today to hold me over until Madden comes out. There are some things that this does really well that Madden 04 didn't do, like the hits in this game can be jarring. I hit the rb with one guy and another guy pancakes him from behind.

The controls are much more fluid in madden and I think the control scheme is much better. It was hard for me to run straight with Shipp when I broke a big run. Also I think the Cardinals receivers are rated too low. Boldin an 87? He should be a 90. Johnson should be at least in the mid 70's rather than a 70.
All and all its a fun game, not as good as madden, but I will try to enjoy it before Madden comes out and I never play it again :)

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
anyone else having problems playing on xbox live? I keep trying to do optimatches, then challenge people, and get no response....am I doing something wrong? :shrug:

OP
OP
schel

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Does it have to be played online? I have dsl and my phone jack is wauy too far away from my tv :(
Online is where a lot of the fun is unless you like to play franchise mode. Playing people you know is the best. Playing random people online is terrible. Usually all they do is call the same 2-3 plays over and over or always go for it on 4th down, and crazy stuff like that. That's not always the case, but it sure is annoying.

As more people get the game, post in here telling us about it. Let's see how many players we can get on one system and try to set up a league.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Is there a list of free agents like there is in madden? I really need a new second TE. Nate Hodel blows. What a joke that he is the second tight end and there is no third.... Where is banks?

OP
OP
schel

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
HeavyB3 said:
Is there a list of free agents like there is in madden? I really need a new second TE. Nate Hodel blows. What a joke that he is the second tight end and there is no third.... Where is banks?
You'll have to wait for roster updates probably. To sign free agents, go to "Contracts" and switch the team to "Free Agents" with the L and R triggers. This is assuming they didn't change it from 2k4.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison