The Defense

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
This place is much quieter after a win versus a bad loss. Tired of seeing the (insert name / team here) is trash thread so wanted to give a positive spin on things and give a shout-out to the defense today. Sure, Baker wasn't great but we completely held their ground game in check and forced three turnovers.

I know VJ is a divisive figure on this board but he dialed up a good one today. Still would love to see more of a pass rush but will take the deflections from Allen / Watt.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
hmm, maybe Ive got it backwards. Im much more active here after wins. I dont want to look at or listen to Cards stuff till like Thursday if we lose

defense played great. Zach Allen heating up, Zaven Collins too.... if we can get pressure from our hodge podge of edge rushers then this front 7 might be decent

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This place is much quieter after a win versus a bad loss. Tired of seeing the (insert name / team here) is trash thread so wanted to give a positive spin on things and give a shout-out to the defense today. Sure, Baker wasn't great but we completely held their ground game in check and forced three turnovers.

I know VJ is a divisive figure on this board but he dialed up a good one today. Still would love to see more of a pass rush but will take the deflections from Allen / Watt.
I have to admit that VJ seems to get better with time. Unfortunately that’s not the case with Coach Bro.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll give credit where it’s due. But keep in mind 3 decent offenses toyed with us.
Fingers crossed for next week, Hurts has been playing well as has their offense.

Last edited:

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
While the offense decides to sleepwalk in every first half, the defense has fortunately played well enough in a couple of them to keep games from getting out of hand.

unfortunately that isn't a very sustainable especially with the many strong opponents on our schedule.

the offense can't continue to look pathetic in the first 30 minutes.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Its hard to say because its been laughably leaky in spurts, theres never any real pressure, yet i dont feel so bad about it…

I predicted before season started it might be the worst in the league so im happy with this.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
While the offense decides to sleepwalk in every first half, the defense has fortunately played well enough in a couple of them to keep games from getting out of hand.

unfortunately that isn't a very sustainable especially with the many strong opponents on our schedule.

the offense can't continue to look pathetic in the first 30 minutes.
Well, no, this is the first time the defense has really had an acceptable first half. In this hone, however, they had a great first half.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose