The Defense

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Once again the defense plays well enough to limit the opposition to 20 points and the unsuccessful college HC and the mentally and physically soft $250m QB let’s them down

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I read or saw somewhere on here that our offense only had three or four possessions the whole second half? If that is correct, then the defense didn't....? Did someone say that in here?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
20 points in a competitive game is good enough. Chief game is on the defense, and they were part of the problem against LA. This loss is more on the offense.

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score
Guys,

We have 6 total sacks in in 5 games……

SIX!

If the Raiders gets two sacks tomorrow, we will be DEAD LAST in sacks in the entire league.

Sure, the offense is more at fault for this season than the defense is.

But let’s not act like the the defense is doing a 2015 Broncos defense carry-job.

Golden’s play is super-concerning. He’s actually been worse than Chandler was last year. Kennard should get very little snaps.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guys,

SIX!

If the Raiders gets two sacks tomorrow, we will be DEAD LAST in sacks in the entire league.

But let’s not act like the the defense is doing a 2015 Broncos defense carry-job.

Golden’s play is super-concerning. He’s actually been worse than Chandler was last year. Kennard should get very little snaps.
6?
I didn’t even realize it was that low.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Higbee. Van Jefferson. And then a couple of decent guys like Skowronek, Henderson, and Akers.

Robinson is likely to rebound at least a little, but I doubt he is the force he used to be.

IMO their problems are more related to Stafford than the actual players. Good QBs don't need 4 great WRs. But they generally struggle if the OL is bad (and the Rams OL is bad).
Lol. Okay, so you’re just not going to be intellectually honest in this conversation. Got it.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Guys,

SIX!

They also only have 2 interceptions, and one of those was Gardeck catching a deflected pass.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Once again, our defense steps up and plays well...but only after they suck to start the game. Couple that with an anemic offense that can't get going early, and we're 2-3 for a reason.

Suck is a strong word - the Eagles offense is really good. They made some plays and the defense adjusted.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Lol. Okay, so you’re just not going to be intellectually honest in this conversation. Got it.
No it's pretty much the same group they had last year but switch out OBJ for Robinson.

Stafford struggled to get Woods the ball just like he is struggling to Robinson the ball.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No it's pretty much the same group they had last year but switch out OBJ for Robinson.

Stafford struggled to get Woods the ball just like he is struggling to Robinson the ball.
Uh… Robinson is averaging 20 yards per game. Woods was averaging 61. There’s no comparison there.

And even though you’re talking about playmakers, that doesn’t take into account missing 3/5s of their offensive line.

You scoffed at me saying their offebse was broken after Week 4. You still sticking to that?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the defense is giving up 20 or less points; it’s doing enough for our innovative coach and transcendent QB to win
It's also keeping our offense off the field with our opponents' long sustained rives.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Once again, our defense steps up and plays well...but only after they suck to start the game. Couple that with an anemic offense that can't get going early, and we're 2-3 for a reason.

They "suck" because the offense is so bad early that our opponents have a whole half of drives in the first quarter.

Some of it is on the D but the offense giving up so much ball doesn't help.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With Carolina imploding, I hope Keim is asking about Brian Burns. There is your pass rusher long term.

They only have 4 draft picks next year too. 1, 2, 4, 5. Not much for them to work with to get a QB.

Although they pick top 3 at this rate anyway.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Uh… Robinson is averaging 20 yards per game. Woods was averaging 61. There’s no comparison there.
I'd agree if Stafford was actually throwing him the ball. Woods had four (out of nine) games of 35 yards or less.

I'm not going to make a determination after 3 games.
And even though you’re talking about playmakers, that doesn’t take into account missing 3/5s of their offensive line.
A bad offensive line to begin with...and it's gotten worse every week.
You scoffed at me saying their offebse was broken after Week 4. You still sticking to that?
I remember people scoffing at me this offseason when I predicted this would happen to the Rams when they traded away Woods, lost Whitworth to retirement, and lost Corbett to FA.

But yes they are officially broken.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd agree if Stafford was actually throwing him the ball. Woods had four (out of nine) games of 35 yards or less.

I'm not going to make a determination after 3 games.

A bad offensive line to begin with...and it's gotten worse every week.

I remember people scoffing at me this offseason when I predicted this would happen to the Rams when they traded away Woods, lost Whitworth to retirement, and lost Corbett to FA.

But yes they are officially broken.
Be still my beating heart!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose