The Cardinals Are Trash

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Rams dared someone on the offense to make a play with the ball in their hands all game. Only Hollywood could do it, and that was just on that one screen. Otherwise, it was a whole lot of catch and falls and three yard runs. Kill needed to adjust way more.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not taking any defense slander. There is this weird that always happens in the game threads in that every offensive play an opponent makes if treated like it should be stopped. Every one. Like there is any team in the league ever that stones every play.

We held the Rams to 20 points. That's the same amount of points they scored when we beat them last year by 17. Holding the Rams (or any team) to 20 is a win. End of.

They held Cooper Kupp to 44 yards. That's his lowest receiving total since 2020. Allen Robinson had 23 yards. We closed down their 2 primary receivers which is why Skowronek had 66.

If you told me before the game we held them to 20 and Kupp only had 44 I'd have said "Yes please".

Kliff and Kyler were again absolute ass. The gameplan and scripted portion of the offense was again complete trash. I think Kliff let's his latest IG model girlfriend draw it up.

Kyler cannot read a defense. The Ram's could draw it in marker on Rodney Hudson's ass and he couldn't read it. You have 3 DB's starting that normally don't and he's targeting Ramsey. Every single play should have been "Ok, who Kendricks and Rochell covering, that's my 1 and 2 reads".

Kliff's personnel packages are just stale. Despite no run game Darrell Williams had 1 carry. It went for 7 yards but Kliff decided that was enough. Barely saw Maxx Williams despite them having problems in the backfield and Green going out. He just seems to run out Brown, Dortch, Ertz, Green, Conner on 90% of plays.

The run game is pure trash. The scheme, the blocking, the play calls, the play designs. The whole thing needs burning to the ground.

Then there is dumb crap like not kicking the FG and turning over on downs, but on the next drive we kick the FG. Then have one of the slowest dink and dunk drives you could possible have to eat up the clock when we need 2 scores.

I don't think we have a talent problem. This game was winnable. We have some players, especially key ones like Kyler, playing poorly. And we have some terrible coaching from Kliff.

We're back to 2020 where I couldn't tell you if Kliff was screwing Kyler up, Kyler was screwing Kliff up or both were screwing each other up.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm not taking any defense slander. There is this weird that always happens in the game threads in that every offensive play an opponent makes if treated like it should be stopped. Every one. Like there is any team in the league ever that stones every play.

We held the Rams to 20 points. That's the same amount of points they scored when we beat them last year by 17. Holding the Rams (or any team) to 20 is a win. End of.

They held Cooper Kupp to 44 yards. That's his lowest receiving total since 2020. Allen Robinson had 23 yards. We closed down their 2 primary receivers which is why Skowronek had 66.

If you told me before the game we held them to 20 and Kupp only had 44 I'd have said "Yes please".

Kliff and Kyler were again absolute ass. The gameplan and scripted portion of the offense was again complete trash. I think Kliff let's his latest IG model girlfriend draw it up.

Kyler cannot read a defense. The Ram's could draw it in marker on Rodney Hudson's ass and he couldn't read it. You have 3 DB's starting that normally don't and he's targeting Ramsey. Every single play should have been "Ok, who Kendricks and Rochell covering, that's my 1 and 2 reads".

Kliff's personnel packages are just stale. Despite no run game Darrell Williams had 1 carry. It went for 7 yards but Kliff decided that was enough. Barely saw Maxx Williams despite them having problems in the backfield and Green going out. He just seems to run out Brown, Dortch, Ertz, Green, Conner on 90% of plays.

The run game is pure trash. The scheme, the blocking, the play calls, the play designs. The whole thing needs burning to the ground.

Then there is dumb crap like not kicking the FG and turning over on downs, but on the next drive we kick the FG. Then have one of the slowest dink and dunk drives you could possible have to eat up the clock when we need 2 scores.

I don't think we have a talent problem. This game was winnable. We have some players, especially key ones like Kyler, playing poorly. And we have some terrible coaching from Kliff.

We're back to 2020 where I couldn't tell you if Kliff was screwing Kyler up, Kyler was screwing Kliff up or both were screwing each other up.
This, times like 1,000.

You know it's the apocalypse when we agree so totally :D

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100% this

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
100% this

I'm pretty sure Kyler runs every play like a robot. Completely oblivious to what the defense is doing.

"This play says Green is the first read. I'll just throw it to him". While Green could have Ramsey with a safety over him and he'd still throw it.

That 3rd down play early on 3rd and 2 where he threw to Green with Ramsey in man. He had Brown on the other side with Kendricks giving him a 10 yard cushion.

You have Ramsey in MAN on a guy that couldn't catch a cold and you have Brown with a 10 yard cushion against a rookie playing his first NFL game. You need 2 yards and you're brain says "I'll go to Green". How?

100% Kliff is being gash, but Kyler is just awful too. And I'm more inclined to think it's Kyler based on decisions like this.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Kyler runs every play like a robot. Completely oblivious to what the defense is doing.

"This play says Green is the first read. I'll just throw it to him". While Green could have Ramsey with a safety over him and he'd still throw it.

That 3rd down play early on 3rd and 2 where he threw to Green with Ramsey in man. He had Brown on the other side with Kendricks giving him a 10 yard cushion.

You have Ramsey in MAN on a guy that couldn't catch a cold and you have Brown with a 10 yard cushion against a rookie playing his first NFL game. You need 2 yards and you're brain says "I'll go to Green". How?

100% Kliff is being gash, but Kyler is just awful too. And I'm more inclined to think it's Kyler based on decisions like this.

I mean look at this. Ertz and Brown are both open. Ertz by a country mile. He has a clean pocket. But for some reason he looked at this pre snap and thought "Green is the best option here".

That's just some straight up garbage QB play.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean look at this. Ertz and Brown are both open. Ertz by a country mile. He has a clean pocket. But for some reason he looked at this pre snap and thought "Green is the best option here".

Figure they’re comeback routes.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Game set match

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Game set match

This is the problem with Kyler not being able to "read defenses". I put that in brackets because there's not really anything to read here. It looks like straight up cover 3 with DB's in man. There isn't really anything to read here. Although he does struggle when it's not vanilla.

The bigger problem is that he doesn't THINK. Looking at this pre snap I would expect every QB in the league to adjust their reads based on this coverage and alignment to,

1, Brown
2, Ertz

Both guys with off man coverage and 2 yards needed. No brainer. Ertz covered by Grant Haley from the PS who is a 26 year old with 100 defensive snaps the last 3 years on his 3rd team. Especially because they are next to each other so it's easy to assess them both with a single look. And if he looks that way he has Ertz immediately and a clear throwing lane.

3. Dortch
4. Green

Green should be the last read on this play based on what he can see pre snap.

I'm getting done with Kyler. This isn't "He doesn't study enough film" stuff. This is "He doesn't have a clue what he is doing" stuff.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the problem with Kyler not being able to "read defenses". I put that in brackets because there's not really anything to read here. It looks like straight up cover 3 with DB's in man. There isn't really anything to read here. Although he does struggle when it's not vanilla.

The bigger problem is that he doesn't THINK. Looking at this pre snap I would expect every QB in the league to adjust their reads based on this coverage and alignment to,

1, Brown
2, Ertz

Both guys with off man coverage and 2 yards needed. No brainer. Ertz covered by Grant Haley from the PS who is a 26 year old with 100 defensive snaps the last 3 years on his 3rd team. Especially because they are next to each other so it's easy to assess them both with a single look. And if he looks that way he has Ertz immediately and a clear throwing lane.

3. Dortch
4. Green

I'm getting done with Kyler. This isn't "He doesn't study enough film" stuff. This is "He doesn't have a clue what he is doing" stuff.

100% truth but Someone will come in here and try to defend it I’m sure… in 3…2….1…… with “but kingsberry Kyler has no blame”

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1, Brown
2, Ertz

3. Dortch
4. Green

I saw a discussion of that play online the guy said the design of the play is to get man to man against AJ Green and attack that. The problem is as we're all saying WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU THINK AJ GREEN AGAINST THEIR BEST CB makes any sense? And yes Kyler probably should have just looked at how deep the CB on Brown is and gone that way completely agree but apparently the design of the play by Kliff was let's throw at Ramsey with AJ Green, who predictably got zero separation. the only way to make the play work was a jump ball or a backshoulder but as we've seen before Kyler is afraid to throw the backshoulder to Green because you never know when Green will just give up on the play and allow the CB to get there. Ramsey isn't the best anymore but he's still going to jump routes all the time and he's sitting on the backshoulder so if Kyler throws it and AJ gives up, it's a picksix. So Kyler has to throw that up and make a jumpball and he didn't.

The right read is go the other way of course, even Mark Sanchez said that immediately. Normally find the 1 on 1 and go after it makes sense but Green isn't beating anybody 1 on 1 this year.

Said it over and over during the game thread yesterday we were a better team with Green and Conner out. Love Conner's heart but he's so slow to begin with and add in the ankle and he has no burst. It was obvious early, Kliff should have played Williams and Eno to get more burst at RB, and gone to more 2 TE sets.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a discussion of that play online the guy said the design of the play is to get man to man against AJ Green and attack that. The problem is as we're all saying WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU THINK AJ GREEN AGAINST THEIR BEST CB makes any sense? And yes Kyler probably should have just looked at how deep the CB on Brown is and gone that way completely agree but apparently the design of the play by Kliff was let's throw at Ramsey with AJ Green, who predictably got zero separation. the only way to make the play work was a jump ball or a backshoulder but as we've seen before Kyler is afraid to throw the backshoulder to Green because you never know when Green will just give up on the play and allow the CB to get there. Ramsey isn't the best anymore but he's still going to jump routes all the time and he's sitting on the backshoulder so if Kyler throws it and AJ gives up, it's a picksix. So Kyler has to throw that up and make a jumpball and he didn't.

The right read is go the other way of course, even Mark Sanchez said that immediately. Normally find the 1 on 1 and go after it makes sense but Green isn't beating anybody 1 on 1 this year.

Said it over and over during the game thread yesterday we were a better team with Green and Conner out. Love Conner's heart but he's so slow to begin with and add in the ankle and he has no burst. It was obvious early, Kliff should have played Williams and Eno to get more burst at RB, and gone to more 2 TE sets.

I don’t care what the play design is when you’re the quarterback and you need 2 yards on the third and two and you see you’re number one wide receiver on the left getting a ten yard cushion you need to go there…. They can change what the play is and adjust. Any one of the great quarterbacks in this league would’ve seen it, recognize the situation and taken that option 1000% there literally is no excusing it. Much like britt said he just doesn’t understand football. Sadly.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What’s hilarious is that every time Brit shows a picture of Kyler missing a WR/TE, the WR/TE is only doing 3 things:

WR running a Go route.
WR running a comeback route.
TE(Ertz) running a mesh route.

In that exact photo, Green is running a go-route & Hollywood & Ertz are running comebacks. No creativity because Kliff called the same thing over & over & over & over. They’re all in the same spot, too.

What’s more infuriating than Kyler missing those throws is the same exact routes being ran.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t care what the play design is when you’re the quarterback and you need 2 yards on the third and two and you see you’re number one wide receiver on the left getting a ten yard cushion you need to go there…. They can change what the play is and adjust. Any one of the great quarterbacks in this league would’ve seen it, recognize the situation and taken that option 1000% there literally is no excusing it. Much like britt said he just doesn’t understand football. Sadly.
You don’t care what the play is because you have low expectations.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose