The Cardinals Are Trash

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There was a second-quarter play where Ertz was open, and got the catch, but because Murray waited an extra beat, only went for a couple instead of 8-10. Pathetic.
I saw that one too. Murray waits a second too long and the DB/LB closes in and makes the tackle.

Things aren't working for the offense right now. What I don't know is it Kliff? Is it Kyler? Is it the combination? Arguments can be persuasive for any of these points.

We did get to see another QB run Kliff's system last year and he looked good 2/3 games. All he did was run the system the way it's supposed to be run. I still see WAY too many mistakes out of Kyler to say that it's the coaching and/or the system that is the problem. I remember hearing Arians talk about how coaches don't really make players better in the NFL. They have to get better themselves or they will be replaced.

With that said, sometimes in sports, the combination just doesn't work. It could also be that Murray needs a different approach than what Kliff is doing. Maybe Kliff's approach would have worked with Carson Palmer.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Things aren't working for the offense right now. What I don't know is it Kliff? Is it Kyler? Is it the combination? Arguments can be persuasive for any of these points.
They haven't been working since the Dallas game last year. Good teams improve as the season goes on, not the opposite. If push comes to shove, you better believe it'll be Kliff that's the one who's shown the door.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I saw that one too. Murray waits a second too long and the DB/LB closes in and makes the tackle.

We did get to see another QB run Kliff's system last year and he looked good 2/3 games. All he did was run the system the way it's supposed to be run. I still see WAY too many mistakes out of Kyler to say that it's the coaching and/or the system that is the problem. I remember hearing Arians talk about how coaches don't really make players better in the NFL. They have to get better themselves or they will be replaced.

With that said, sometimes in sports, the combination just doesn't work. It could also be that Murray needs a different approach than what Kliff is doing. Maybe Kliff's approach would have worked with Carson Palmer.
I have no doubt KK is the major culprit here. I also have no doubt KM is not nearly as ready as he needs to be, nor as developed as he should be at this point, especially given the massive contract. He is pathologically unable to drop back, stick his foot in the ground, and make the throw on a consistent basis, even when well protected and with an open receiver.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I have no doubt KK is the major culprit here. I also have no doubt KM is not nearly as ready as he needs to be, nor as developed as he should be at this point, especially given the massive contract. He is pathologically unable to drop back, stick his foot in the ground, and make the throw on a consistent basis, even when well protected and with an open receiver.
I don't know. We've pretty much only seen Murray other than that 3 game stretch...and in those games, a much less talented passer played pretty well.

I still think Murray limits the offense.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know. We've pretty much only seen Murray other than that 3 game stretch...and in those games, a much less talented passer played pretty well.

Wild how a super small sample size has you convinced & not the 9 season sample size.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I truly believe that when NFL coaches..... The guys who truly get respect in their peer group like McVay, Shanahan, Reid, etc. get together and talk about their craft...... That they joke about, Kliff and his horizontal bullcrap offense. He must be a laughingstock to those who actually know what they are doing.

It's a total ish show IMO and has been for 2 years now.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I truly believe that when NFL coaches..... The guys who truly get respect in their peer group like McVay, Shanahan, Reid, etc. get together and talk about their craft...... That they joke about, Kliff and his horizontal bullcrap offense. He must be a laughingstock to those who actually know what they are doing.

Ehhh I doubt McVay does. Idk why but I get the feeling McVay & Kliff are closer than McVay & Shanny.

Reaction score

Weird that they all picked his brain as a college coach though. Not those 3 coaches in particular except for McVay but top NFL coaches. Some copied some of his plays.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Oh boo who! cardinal up and take it like a fan! Cards went undefeated half of last season, I seen some of that on offense and defense Sunday! lil bit of balance, lil bit of rpo and play action, then bloop to Moore on 4th down, when we should have kicked the field goal. But am ok with mistakes, growing pains, of course team isn’t clicking on all cylinders because they avoided preseason out if fear!

faith and fear can not live in the same house.
SMUSHDOWN CARDINALS!

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Perhaps watching the whole game before taking out the 'Trash' luckily you can watch those awesome front running 'Warriors' soon. Pfffft
Lmao. They beat an even more putrid team… perhaps you should hold off on “spiking the football.”

Your attempt at some own because I also like the Warriors is kind of ridiculous considering they were even worse than the Cardinals as a franchise for the majority of my life.

Try to make sense next time bud…

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lmao. They beat an even more putrid team… perhaps you should hold off on “spiking the football.”

Your attempt at some own because I also like the Warriors is kind of ridiculous considering they were even worse than the Cardinals as a franchise for the majority of my life.

Try to make sense next time bud…
A win is a win ...you don't get 2 wins for beating a better team. No 'own' just thought you'd be excited for the Warriors. I mean why watch the 'trash' right?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
We barely beat 2 really bad teams and we lost to 2 really good teams (SB champs ant the Chiefs). It is a long season. Life has a way of balancing out.

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
A win is a win ...you don't get 2 wins for beating a better team. No 'own' just thought you'd be excited for the Warriors. I mean why watch the 'trash' right?
LMAO…if my takes or vents hurt your feelings there’s always ignore.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

We also had one of our most impressive wins with kliff out with Covid against the browns. These small sample sizes don’t give us much to work with.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
The Cards need a more demanding coach. What would it take to get Sean Payton?!?!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The coaching sucks.
I see a combo of problems:

1. Kliff calls too many horizontal plays that have a higher chance of losing yards.
2. Kliff wastes timeouts and at times struggles to manage the game and the offense at the same time.
3. He doesn't seem to be able to call plays that Kyler is comfortable with.

On the Kyler side:
1. He needs to still improve pocket presence. He's gotten significantly better, but he still only average.
2. His timing is still not where you want it on timing based throws.
3. Almost as a rule, Kyler needs to run if he sees a lane.
4. He needs to avoid the deep throw on 3rd and short more.

What I find maddening about this year's team is that they are just a handful of plays away from being ok.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see a combo of problems:

1. Kliff calls too many horizontal plays that have a higher chance of losing yards.
2. Kliff wastes timeouts and at times struggles to manage the game and the offense at the same time.
3. He doesn't seem to be able to call plays that Kyler is comfortable with.

On the Kyler side:
1. He needs to still improve pocket presence. He's gotten significantly better, but he still only average.
2. His timing is still not where you want it on timing based throws.
3. Almost as a rule, Kyler needs to run if he sees a lane.
4. He needs to avoid the deep throw on 3rd and short more.

What I find maddening about this year's team is that they are just a handful of plays away from being ok.
Think you can say that last sentence about any of the mediocre 2-3 teams. It’s why they’re mediocre and not actually good because they can’t make those handful of plays.

Difference between winning and losing in this league is razor thin. Maybe Hop can get us over that when He gets back.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson