The Cardinals Are Trash

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Because he threw it quickly doesn't mean he had to throw it quickly.
It says he had the 3rd shortest time to throw.. unless it’s worded incorrectly that means he had the 3rd fewest amount of time to throw the football before being pressured

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Jeebus that’s bleak
Yes it is. A couple main takeaways even though they should be known by now.

1 - Keim is very close with Bidwill to a fault.

2 - Kyler's agent is an idiot.

3 - Kliff's scheme is lacking in motion, under-center reps, and two TE usage (more LOLz for the McBride pick)

4 - Kyler needs a change in scheme because he has about topped out in this one with his NFL abilities so far. Now, if he can become a timing and rhythm QB, maybe that changes but there is no indication he can be.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The whole article brings to bear all of our worst fears.

The most damning line:
"He eschews motion — Arizona is 31st of 32 teams in its usage — despite it being more popular than ever among the brightest offensive minds. Arizona largely forgoes play-action (28th in usage) at a time when early-down play-action fuels the league’s best offenses."

:mad:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

The most damning line:
"He eschews motion — Arizona is 31st of 32 teams in its usage — despite it being more popular than ever among the brightest offensive minds. Arizona largely forgoes play-action (28th in usage) at a time when early-down play-action fuels the league’s best offenses."

I really, desperately wanted to believe in Kliff. And he had it going for a while last year, let's not forget that.

But the constant chaos on the sideline, questionable game management, and information like this are really starting to make me lose faith that he's the long term answer.

I give him the rest of this season, certainly. He deserves that after winning eleven last year. But if we go down like the Hindenburg in 2022, and he get's off to a slow start in 2023, I think I might hit the eject button. At the very most he get's to the end of 2023 to help build a winning team.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really, desperately wanted to believe in Kliff. And he had it going for a while last year, let's not forget that.

But the constant chaos on the sideline, questionable game management, and information like this are really starting to make me lose faith that he's the long term answer.

I give him the rest of this season, certainly. He deserves that after winning eleven last year. But if we go down like the Hindenburg in 2022, and he get's off to a slow start in 2023, I think I might hit the eject button. At the very most he get's to the end of 2023 to help build a winning team.
We likely will be giving him 2-3 more at a minimum.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Yeah, once again, the rest of the league laughs at us.

“There is an arrogance to their scheme on both sides of the ball,” said one scout who has watched the Cardinals closely but is not permitted to speak about them by his employer. “It’s like they just say, ‘We’re going to do what we planned to do, no matter what.’ But it’s not working.”

Said a high-ranking official from an NFC club, under similar restrictions about speaking publicly about other organizations: “We were shocked that they extended the coach. It’s not a sophisticated scheme. He’s not considered a great play-caller. Every year the production drops as the season goes on.”

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 MORE YEARS.

I think that's what makes this year so... depressing. none of us really believe in Keim or Kliff and we know it's probably at least TWO years away from having any kind of change.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Arizona is 31st of 32 teams in its usage — despite it being more popular than ever among the brightest offensive minds. Arizona largely forgoes play-action (28th in usage) at a time when early-down play-action fuels the league’s best offenses."
All of this has remained constant during Kliff’s coaching career.

Get this guy out of here. I gave him the benefit of doubt, which I probably shouldn’t have, but he’s going on 10 seasons in his stubborn ways.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 MORE YEARS.

I think that's what makes this year so... depressing. none of us really believe in Keim or Kliff and we know it's probably at least TWO years away from having any kind of change.
So sad. I can't think of another team in the NFL re-signing those two to a 5 year deal.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I repeated it a lot, but what really angers me about the lack of motion is that I bet he watches McVay & especially Shanahan (in his own division!) do it a lot.
I wonder if it is Kliff being rigid in his play calling. Or if he feels that Kyler can't handle the motion, etc.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

The most damning line:

The system works says Coach Whiz, err I mean coach Kingsbury

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if it is Kliff being rigid in his play calling. Or if he feels that Kyler can't handle the motion, etc.
Kliff barely called motion when McCoy was in there last year. He barely called motion in college. I don’t think it’s the QB…

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I cannot repeat this enough.

Bidwill and Keim lost Chandler Jones, Edmonds, Kirk, Alford etc and they added Nick Vigil, Brown, McBride etc. They effectively went down in talent from a team to that ended with 1-5 season.

And some of you were supporting this team..lolz.all offseason like they are about to win NFCW.

Again, you don't owe this franchising anything.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I cannot repeat this enough.

Bidwill and Keim lost Chandler Jones, Edmonds, Kirk, Alford etc and they added Nick Vigil, Brown, McBride etc. They effectively went down in talent from a team to that ended with 1-5 season.

And some of you were supporting this team..lolz.all offseason like they are about to win NFCW.

Again, you don't owe this franchising anything.
Cardinals have played like crap, and no one can deny that. But, that being said, we have 2 CB’s coming back, 2 WR’s coming back, and a G coming back. And oh, btw, we’re only a game back in our division. if you don’t think adding the above players will make a difference, then you‘re sadly mistaken. My biggest concern is VJ, but the silver lining is that if this D doesn’t improve, he will most definitely be gone next year.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
More “good” news….

Great article, nobody in the nfl would have hired Kingsbury and even more extended him
His offense is not innovative, is predictable, boring, incomprehensible clock management, poor adjustments pre and during the game
The guy doesn't learn from mistakes , keeping the same trend as in college, a failure, with the 5 years extension Bidwill just buried the fans hope for the following seasons

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
5 MORE YEARS.

I wouldn't worry about that. There is nothing stopping Bidwill firing either.

Firing both would cost around $50m over 5 years. Peanuts in NFL money. Certainly there is no financial incentive to hold on to a losing pair.

Especially when Kliff would likely get hired elsewhere. Probably as an OC in the NFL rather than HC, or a HC in college. Which would mitigate what he was owed.

Vance and the position coaches are all on short term contracts so that's not a real issue.

The only thing really in the way of firing them is Mike's ego after just giving them new deals.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA