The Brandon Pfaadt thread

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unreal. Keep playing time of service games with your best pitcher
He has had one decent start in Reno and 2 bad ones. I want to see how he looks tonight and I have a feeling the Dbacks are doing the same. If he looks better tonight and with an up coming day off on the 27th, I think he replaces Henry in 2 starts to realign the rotation.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Saying the right things, but I think he could have thrown a simulated game today and then been called up. I honestly think they want to see him tonight first. 13 IP with 8 ER in 3 games is bad. His WHIP is up to 1.275 from .98 last year at Reno. He does have 17 Ks and only 3 walks in those 13 innings.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saying the right things, but I think he could have thrown a simulated game today and then been called up. I honestly think they want to see him tonight first. 13 IP with 8 ER in 3 games is bad. Whi WHIP is up to 1.275 from .98 last year at Reno. He does have 17 Ks and only 3 walks in those 13 innings.
I would agree they want to see him tonight

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I see why that slider / fastball combo works so well for him. That slider just drops hard and at the very last second.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW this was straight service time manipulation. 152 days left in the MLB season so this does not count as a full season of service now.

Pfaadt was far and away the best pitcher in spring training of the rookies and he is the last to come up.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
BTW this was straight service time manipulation. 152 days left in the MLB season so this does not count as a full season of service now.

Pfaadt was far and away the best pitcher in spring training of the rookies and he is the last to come up.
Happens throughout MLB... no big deal. The kid is up and that's all that matters.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happens throughout MLB... no big deal. The kid is up and that's all that matters.

Teams aren't really doing it anymore. Look at the Rays. Springs went down and they immediately brought up Taj Bradley even though skipping just 2 starts would give them another year.

2 games might be the difference in the wildcard

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hah I said that about Bradley and they just sent him down for likely two starts despite being 3-0 with a 3.50 ERA.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson