The Boys (Amazon)

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The opening to episode 1 of season 3 is fantastic. Great cameo, great comedic bit, and more. That's all before the title card is shown for the episode. I hope that's an indicator for this season because the first 10 minutes is amazing.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So weird, and I know the connection is strange, but ever since I started watching Ted Lasso awhile back, I lost all interest in The Boys. It's so incredibly mean-spirited compared to Ted Lasso, and I'm not sure why or how my brain has made this unlikely connection.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The opening to episode 1 of season 3 is fantastic. Great cameo, great comedic bit, and more. That's all before the title card is shown for the episode. I hope that's an indicator for this season because the first 10 minutes is amazing.
Yeah the opening is BEYOND ridiculous. In a cringy fantastic way.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Fan-freaking-tastic! I've been shut in on COVID quarantine, and was all ready to binge this show...then realized the whole hadn't dropped yet. Mother fracker!

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fan-freaking-tastic! I've been shut in on COVID quarantine, and was all ready to binge this show...then realized the whole hadn't dropped yet. Mother fracker!

That had to have been the most bizarre scene I've ever seen or heard of. They managed to pull it off in a fantastic manner because on paper, it never should have worked.

This season has started stronger than the last. They started the delayed drop schedule last season so I expected it this year but wish they would have dropped it all once. I'm stoked to see where they take things after the first 3 episodes though because they were all really good.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love season 3 so far.

It's everything that the Marvel shows aren't. And that's a good thing.
Meh. It's comparing apples to oranges. I don't expect DC movies to have the same tone as Marvel. I don't expect shows on Disney+ to have the same sadistic and twisted tone of The Boys on Amazon Prime. They are not remotely the same thing IMO. I enjoy the shows on Disney+. They have been light years better than some of the crap on network television. I love this show as well but I don't watch any of them expecting to draw a direct comparison.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Meh. It's comparing apples to oranges. I don't expect DC movies to have the same tone as Marvel. I don't expect shows on Disney+ to have the same sadistic and twisted tone of The Boys on Amazon Prime. They are not remotely the same thing IMO. I enjoy the shows on Disney+. They have been light years better than some of the crap on network television. I love this show as well but I don't watch any of them expecting to draw a direct comparison.
The Boys is not DC.

DC canned The Boys because it was pretty much, making fun of DC characters like Superman and Aquaman.

I like the "realism" of The Boys over the Marvel shows. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.