the boldin two point conversion play and tim rattay touchdown

freebyrd

Reaction score
man we got too cute there don't ya think?
when i saw rattay come in i was like wtf?
but it worked, when i saw boldin at QB i was like wtf? and it stunk

creative? yes
smart in that sort of game situation? i'm not so sure
what was your reaction?

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
man we got too cute there don't ya think?
when i saw rattay come in i was like wtf?
but it worked, when i saw boldin at QB i was like wtf? and it stunk

creative? yes
smart in that sort of game situation? i'm not so sure
what was your reaction?

I agree with the TD, but the 2 pointer, as you said, was too cute. Congratz to Tim on the TD. A QB should have been in there on the 2 pointer, or Q should have tried to run it in. The D had it sniffed out perfectly. Did Whis think they would just get confused and sit down?

Reaction score
huh> warner was on the bench. it got them thinking run, which is why pope was wide open.
Alan was referring to the extra point attempt.

Regarding the extra point I think that the Cards/Boldin were thinking pass too strongly, rather than run/option pass. There was a very good cut-back lane available inside had Boldin been looking and seen it I think he would have gotten it into the end zone...

OP
OP
freebyrd

freebyrd

Reaction score
yeah i forgot about tim at wideout, that was really too cute:bang:

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
I'm fine with it. I love how this staff doesn't run the same predictable, BS that never had any chance whatsoever of working. See the regimes of Bugel, Ryan, Tobin, and Mac for examples. Going for it on fourth down instead of kicking the safe FG, not allowing the game to turn into a complete route once we go down by fourteen, all this stuff is completely new for this team. I absolutely love it. To me the coaching is night and day, from what I've been conditioned to expect during the past fifteen years. This team doesn't give up. Teams don't know what to expect from us. We are completely unrecognizable from what we've been. I'm totally down with it

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Q made a bad throw. Fitz was open in the back of the endzone. A little more lob Q.

redbirdofwar

Reaction score
I think Rattay had to be on the feild. If the #3 Qb takes a snap w/o the #2 on the feild, the #1 can't come back in. Right?

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm fine with it. I love how this staff doesn't run the same predictable, BS that never had any chance whatsoever of working. See the regimes of Bugel, Ryan, Tobin, and Mac for examples. Going for it on fourth down instead of kicking the safe FG, not allowing the game to turn into a complete route once we go down by fourteen, all this stuff is completely new for this team. I absolutely love it. To me the coaching is night and day, from what I've been conditioned to expect during the past fifteen years. This team doesn't give up. Teams don't know what to expect from us. We are completely unrecognizable from what we've been. I'm totally down with it

Ditto!

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I agree with the TD, but the 2 pointer, as you said, was too cute. Congratz to Tim on the TD. A QB should have been in there on the 2 pointer, or Q should have tried to run it in. The D had it sniffed out perfectly. Did Whis think they would just get confused and sit down?

I agree. Kurt should have been the QB in that situation, IMO. I think Whiz outsmarted himself there.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Ridiculous call. Then take a guy who doesnt play QB and roll him to the right taking half the field away and clogging the lanes. That play had no chance at working.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Cutesy crapola. The only thing that play "might" have had going for it was the element of surprise but that was gone since they lined up in that formation earlier in the game. Why Whis was hell-bent on running that stupid ass play is beyond me.

That "trick-em" crap isn't what you should call when the game's on the line. Run a short yardage play and give the team a chance to finish.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Ridiculous call. Then take a guy who doesnt play QB and roll him to the right taking half the field away and clogging the lanes. That play had no chance at working.

Actually it did. Fitz was open but Q threw it short. If he throws it higher, Fitz gets it with ease.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Actually it did. Fitz was open but Q threw it short. If he throws it higher, Fitz gets it with ease.

By the very definition of "working" the play did not, because whether Fitz was open or not (and he certainly was) the player designed to get him the ball failed to do so.

Still, I have no problem with the play call because I think it had as good a chance of any play to work.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Q made a bad throw. Fitz was open in the back of the endzone. A little more lob Q.

Fitz sure was wide open by 5 yards. Thing is he was in a line of sight that Bolden should have easily seen him. Bolden is not a QB so he is not going to see everything. He was wired to look for one guy or run and that was it. If it had worked we would all be singing the prasies of Whiz. He made a tough call and it did not work. I doubt he will try that again anytime soon.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the very definition of "working" the play did not, because whether Fitz was open or not (and he certainly was) the player designed to get him the ball failed to do so.

Still, I have no problem with the play call because I think it had as good a chance of any play to work.
Agree

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitz sure was wide open by 5 yards. Thing is he was in a line of sight that Bolden should have easily seen him. Bolden is not a QB so he is not going to see everything. He was wired to look for one guy or run and that was it. If it had worked we would all be singing the prasies of Whiz. He made a tough call and it did not work. I doubt he will try that again anytime soon.

I loved the play call. I just wish that Rattay would have gone in motion. With Rattay near the center when the ball is snapped would have thrown the defense in a panic IMO.

jmr667

Random Poster
Reaction score
Dunno about the 2-pt conversion. It was a long shot no matter what play/formation they called. The 'Skins D is pretty good.

I liked the Rattay touchdown though. Down less than a yard from the endzone, bring in Rattay. Everyone assumes its because they want to run QB sneak but Warner is just too damaged to do it. When Rattay dropped back to pass the D looked like it just froze in confusion.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn