The BIG test

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Few if any of us would deny that we have seen marked improvement so far in the offensive line play. Several of the newcomers have exceeded expectations, the rookies are playing up to the level expected at this point, and the veterans appear to have picked up the new blocking schemes...BUT.

If Norv decides he is going to let the dogs hunt, we will be facing the best front seven in football today. SD will be the real test to date on how far the OL has come along. The DE's are relentless and there is little need to comment about Merriman as there is really none better today.

Let's see if we can rise to the occasion.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Really looking forward to a good test on Saturday. I hope the Chargers bring it. I really want to see the Cards compete.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Few if any of us would deny that we have seen marked improvement so far in the offensive line play...
I don't know if I would go that far.

The O-line did OK last week (kind of resembling where our O-line was near the end of last season). But I'd like to see 2 or 3 more games of consistent play from them before I change diapers.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to breaking this week down. I wish I had ticket to the game so I could see it first hand.

The 1st team offensive line has had a average-bad first game, and a good-great second game. I hope to see no improvements and no false starts from Levi this week. Levi = Merriman scares me.

OP
OP
lobo

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to breaking this week down. I wish I had ticket to the game so I could see it first hand.

The 1st team offensive line has had a average-bad first game, and a good-great second game. I hope to see no improvements and no false starts from Levi this week. Levi = Merriman scares me.

For Levi's sake let's hope he just scares you and not him!!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DCR, I'm really looking forward to yoyr analysis/grades on this game.

Thanks, I'll do the entire game. I was hoping that the starters would play more than just until around halftime, and focus on them, but I want to see how Seidlein and Elton Brown plays.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
im looking forward to our PA announcer sounding like he's seen the cards roster before....he said leinhart! i almost soiled myself.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I hope Tomlinson gets hurt... so the guy that drafted him in our fantasy league doesn't get to use him this year... ;)

I think the only way that happens is if the movable field rolls over his toe

LT just doesnt play in the preaseason

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I though this was going to another Leonard Davis thread, who by the way, pretty much handled Merriman last year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I though this was going to another Leonard Davis thread, who by the way, pretty much handled Merriman last year.

:deadhorse: the only thing you can be permitted to say about Leonard Davis is:

1) Grimm didn't want him because he didn't fit the scheme
2) He would never have fit at tackle because he's a natural guard (don't say anything about Mike Gandy, either)
3) He's a cowboy now, so he's dead us
4) Let bygones be bygones
5) We couldn't have signed our other crappy free agents to stupid contracts if we'd kept him
etc.
etc.