The Bidwill's Promise

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Bidwill's made good on their promise to us fans. For Decades, Bill Bidwill said give us our own stadium & we will produce a championship. Low & behold 3 years later the Bidwills kept their promise.

go cardinals.:newcards:

Crash

Registered
Reaction score
The Bidwill's made good on their promise to us fans. For Decades, Bill Bidwill said give us our own stadium & we will produce a championship. Low & behold 3 years later the Bidwills kept their promise.

Yup, I remember this as well. It makes total sense if you ask me. Get more revenue, then you can pay to keep your players/sign free agents. Everybody has to remember that this is a family owned team. They don't have a big corporation with tons of dollars in the kitty to fall back on, like some team owners.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
We can also thank the University of Phoenix for ponying up $154 over 20 years into the Bidwills' pockets.

I'm just sayin'...

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We can also thank the University of Phoenix for ponying up $154 over 20 years into the Bidwills' pockets.

I'm just sayin'...

And this trend can continue if the Bidwills re-invest that money into bonus for players.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
And this trend can continue if the Bidwills re-invest that money into bonus for players.

Oh - I agree...I'm not complaining at all...I think that this also has a positive impact on the franchise.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh - I agree...I'm not complaining at all...I think that this also has a positive impact on the franchise.

I didn't think you were.
No matter how next month ends, I want this to be the start of something great for the franchise, as well as the culmination of a wonderful season.

I don't want this team to struggle like the Bucs did after their win (not very much in common with the run at all, but the struggling franchise story is familiar enough).

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm just sayin'...

But UoP wouldnt have been able to ponying up that money if us voters in PHX didnt approve the stadium..

Im just saying..

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
But UoP wouldnt have been able to ponying up that money if us voters in PHX didnt approve the stadium..

Im just saying..

Voters wouldnt have had a chance to approve it unless Mesa voted it down and then the Governor's Stadium Task Force put together the ballot measure. Just sayin'.:)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Voters wouldnt have had a chance to approve it unless Mesa voted it down and then the Governor's Stadium Task Force put together the ballot measure. Just sayin'.:)

I'll say it again - at least Mesa tried more than once to get a stadium deal done while all the other cities sat on their arses doing nothing. The Tempe/Mesa partnership should have worked if not for a Tempe Councilman killing it.

In the end, I don't care. I'm glad they built it in a city with plenty of open land for other retail, better parking, etc.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll say it again - at least Mesa tried more than once to get a stadium deal done while all the other cities sat on their arses doing nothing. The Tempe/Mesa partnership should have worked if not for a Tempe Councilman killing it.

In the end, I don't care. I'm glad they built it in a city with plenty of open land for other retail, better parking, etc.

Actually it would have worked if Guliano or Keno Hawker had the balls to pass it in an emergency clause like they should have. I agree the location is better now.

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score

When Michael Bidwill came out and spoke to the tailgaters on the great lawn before the Atlanta game he said we are different now and we will never go back. We will never go back. I believed him.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
When Michael Bidwill came out and spoke to the tailgaters on the great lawn before the Atlanta game he said we are different now and we will never go back. We will never go back. I believed him.

We will see this off season. There will be alot of work to do by Graves and the Bidwills to keep the players here and add in free agency to maintain the strides we made this season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn